Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tgwl

Labeda Slime

Has anybody tried these wheels?  I was able to grab a set off a vendor at a tournament a few weeks ago.   I only saw one hardness - ultra grip, but the wheels really keep their speed while providing a lot of grip.  It took a skate or 2 to adapt with top-end aggressive stopping, but I'm really enjoying these wheels a lot more than the addictions. 

I ref some former Pama pro guys, and from what I have heard, they perform great, but are a “tournament wheel” aka not durable. The only thing I have found to be a mix was the old pures, have not tried the new ones, however have heard great things about initial quality. I should mention I skate on a +2 weight 210 and started at ice, I like a rigid wheel, these seem to fit the bill. I had +1s, but kept cracking the front 4. Plus, I don’t really like my wheels to be overly flexible. That’s why I mentioned ice. The +2 kind of just grips and feels rigid which I like because an ice skate really doesn’t flex at all down low, too soft of wheels do and I struggle to skate on them. 

Should mention I hate most wheels haha. So far I have disliked addictions, revisions of all types

the millenniums are OK 

the pures and old rink rat hornets were my favorites out of what I have tried, but to each their own. No two hockey players will have the exact same gear preference. So go for what you like and what works.  

@eastside I wanted grab some additional colors since finding out the hardness is all the same for each wheel color, but all the Labeda vendors I contacted (which I was told to do) haven't answered.  Right now they say to just contact the vendors.  I may contact my tournament vendor if the wheels hold up.   @Bender94  You're not the first to tell me about the durability, so we'll see how they hold up.  So far, it's been a few weeks without any signs of cracking, but I also added a Pure +1 wheel as the second 76mm wheel on each skate.  

• Like 1

Hopefully these will be a good alternative to the addiction without being too insanely priced, haven't really been a big fan of the unions and have been seeking something that was close to the old dynasty 3's which i liked the feel of.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:28 AM, tgwl said:

@eastside I wanted grab some additional colors since finding out the hardness is all the same for each wheel color, but all the Labeda vendors I contacted (which I was told to do) haven't answered.  Right now they say to just contact the vendors.  I may contact my tournament vendor if the wheels hold up.   @Bender94  You're not the first to tell me about the durability, so we'll see how they hold up.  So far, it's been a few weeks without any signs of cracking, but I also added a Pure +1 wheel as the second 76mm wheel on each skate.  

Yeah it’s all hearsay anyways. I have not tried a pair personally, although I’m glad yours are holding up. Plus, equipment works different for each player. What some guys swear by others curse haha. 

Can confirm the Pure X are amazing.

Took a day or so to break in but I’ve been punishing them and they just keep gripping.

Better stopping power to in my opinion.

If durability is an issue for slime, I highly recommend the pure x

Just wanted to update everybody on these Labeda Slime wheels.   After about 8-10 skates, the wheels have fall off the hubs on the front wheel, or any wheel I move to the front.  (3 total).  If you flex the wheel in your hand, you can feel each one have a little wiggle off the hub, but the fronts have completely come off during skates.  The wheels end up horizontal over the front of your chassis, creating quite a struggle getting the wheel and axle off.   I have photos if anybody really would like to see them.  I contacted Labeda vendors but they don't get back to me. 

I'll be making the switch to Pure X now. 

• Like 4

I ended up bailing on my Pure X.

While having better grip and lasting longer they just bog down and feel sloppy on take offs and accelerating.

Very similar to the recent 82A rink rat world cups, they felt the same.

I’ve made the switch to MPC Freestyle dual pours and couldn’t be happier, they’re the original 84a rink rats rebranded as MPC slalom wheels.

Just got the Pure X a few weeks back, after a few hard skates still feeling very stiff but have great grip on sport court.  Will see how long they hold out and what the performance is like further down the track.  @tgwl would be great to see the pictures of the slimes, as I was seriously thinking of getting a set of those but went with the Pure X's instead.

4 hours ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

I ended up bailing on my Pure X.

While having better grip and lasting longer they just bog down and feel sloppy on take offs and accelerating.

Very similar to the recent 82A rink rat world cups, they felt the same.

I’ve made the switch to MPC Freestyle dual pours and couldn’t be happier, they’re the original 84a rink rats rebranded as MPC slalom wheels.

We're you using the Pure X in a +2? What surface do you play on and how much do you weigh? I was under the impression that the +2 Konixx is akin to 78a. Is that correct? 

8 hours ago, eastside said:

Just got the Pure X a few weeks back, after a few hard skates still feeling very stiff but have great grip on sport court.  Will see how long they hold out and what the performance is like further down the track.  @tgwl would be great to see the pictures of the slimes, as I was seriously thinking of getting a set of those but went with the Pure X's instead.

https://ibb.co/zxCZzZM

https://ibb.co/LPVz7zP

13 hours ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

If the MPC Freestyle are the same as the Rink Rat Trickster X-Grip, are you playing with them outdoors on asphalt or on smoother surfaces? How have they been wearing? I just picked up a set of these and they certainly feel softer than the Labeda Asphalt wheels I’ve been using for years. Concerned with longevity and durability (especially considering the price) 

22 hours ago, Miller55 said:

We're you using the Pure X in a +2? What surface do you play on and how much do you weigh? I was under the impression that the +2 Konixx is akin to 78a. Is that correct? 

I went from using +2 Pures and loving them to +2 Pure X and losing half a step, +2 is rated as 78a.

The pure x last noticeably longer, the original pures don’t like humidity and depending on time of year could come off the pace pretty quickly.

I’m 103kg, and have used them on all surfaces with them being great on wood, pretty good on the tiles and useless on painted concrete

14 hours ago, Westside said:

If the MPC Freestyle are the same as the Rink Rat Trickster X-Grip, are you playing with them outdoors on asphalt or on smoother surfaces? How have they been wearing? I just picked up a set of these and they certainly feel softer than the Labeda Asphalt wheels I’ve been using for years. Concerned with longevity and durability (especially considering the price) 

Hey man, I was referencing the dual pour version of the Freestyle wheels.

They have 2 versions, the single pour which is a rebranded trickster and the dual pour which are rebranded og 84a hot shots.

I use the dual pour 84As and love them, they’re guns on every surface under my 103kg.

nothing else rebounds for me like these wheels.

16 minutes ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

I went from using +2 Pures and loving them to +2 Pure X and losing half a step, +2 is rated as 78a.

The pure x last noticeably longer, the original pures don’t like humidity and depending on time of year could come off the pace pretty quickly.

I’m 103kg, and have used them on all surfaces with them being great on wood, pretty good on the tiles and useless on painted concrete

Yeah 78a is too soft for me too. How do you find the dual pour freestyle on each surface? Used on asphalt at all?

37 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Yeah 78a is too soft for me too. How do you find the dual pour freestyle on each surface? Used on asphalt at all?

I’m yet to use them on the tiles but being 84A and dual they have so much roll and do much grip.

They work really well on panted concrete and especially well on wood.

Because they’re hard enough to take my weight I can actually feel the rebound on each step.

Yeah I figured they would be amazing on wood. I'll have to try them when the rink opens back up. It's nice to have an 84a dual pour, especially with sprungs. 

Edit: well it seems like nobody in the US is selling them... The only option is really the world cup reissues directly from RR, and they're 82a, not 84. 

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

Hey man, I was referencing the dual pour version of the Freestyle wheels.

They have 2 versions, the single pour which is a rebranded trickster and the dual pour which are rebranded og 84a hot shots.

I use the dual pour 84As and love them, they’re guns on every surface under my 103kg.

nothing else rebounds for me like these wheels.

The trickster is a dual pour wheel so it should be the same, no? 
https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Rink_Rat_Trickster/descpage-RRTK.html

I’d be looking to use them on the road/asphalt 

50 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Yeah I figured they would be amazing on wood. I'll have to try them when the rink opens back up. It's nice to have an 84a dual pour, especially with sprungs. 

Edit: well it seems like nobody in the US is selling them... The only option is really the world cup reissues directly from RR, and they're 82a, not 84. 

Yeah I almost had to get mine from Europe but luckily a couple of skate shops here in Australia carried them.

Rink Rat also offered via messenger to sell me some direct but it ended up cheaper buying them locally.

Might not be a bad idea to hit them up, definitely worth it.

I couldn’t stand those 82a world cups, I was so excited to get the World Cup back and was let down big time.

The only reason the og went away was because there’s minimal money being spent in Roller and average Joe wasn’t into spending the extra for a premium outdoor wheel.

I almost fell off my chair when I found out they existed again.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

Yeah I almost had to get mine from Europe but luckily a couple of skate shops here in Australia carried them.

Rink Rat also offered via messenger to sell me some direct but it ended up cheaper buying them locally.

Might not be a bad idea to hit them up, definitely worth it.

I couldn’t stand those 82a world cups, I was so excited to get the World Cup back and was let down big time.

The only reason the og went away was because there’s minimal money being spent in Roller and average Joe wasn’t into spending the extra for a premium outdoor wheel.

I almost fell off my chair when I found out they existed again.

Yeah, I figured they'd be able to get me some if I contact them directly. I'll probably hold off until rinks and league play reopens to try to order.

I was planning on using them for indoor wood actually. I'm about 30lbs lighter than you, so I'd probably do fine with the world cups anyway, but I'm more interested in the dual pour freestyle.

I'm using sprungs and with my weight and how hard I skate I would love to get on an 84a dual pour for indoor wood and tile. I think the grip would be ok since the sprungs flex a decent amount, and they would probably fly.

I can't see myself on 78a and sprungs. Tried that on painted concrete and it was slowww. For outdoor asphalt I'm using 89a or 90a. Anything less lasts me about 3-4 skates. I'll really just have to see what surfaces open up for league play soonest before I order anything though. Until then it's all asphalt for us.

• Like 1