Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tgwl

Labeda Slime

On 7/31/2020 at 2:14 PM, althoma1 said:

I think the yellow grippers are around 78a; so maybe too soft for a bigger, harder skating player with Sprungs. I think a set of Labeda Asphalts that haven't been used outside may be worth a shot on wood and possibly on the polished concrete (and if they're not grippy enough on the concrete you could always try the 83a Asphalts), but the World Cups aren't a bad idea either. 

Just wanted to post it here for the record, that yellow grippers are officially rated at 80a. (Since lot of people read this stuff for into, just wanted to make it easily accessible). 

On 8/1/2020 at 6:46 PM, Wicked3Aussie said:

Freestyle dual pours are faster, grippier & much longer lasting than the pures.

Curiosity got the best of me so I ordered a set of MPC Freestyle wheels. Having never experienced dual pour wheels, the variation from wheel to wheel is very strange. For example, 3 of the 4 80mm wheels looks the same. One is slightly lighter in color, but not dramatically so. However, with the 76mm wheels, 2 of the 4 are noticeably lighter with one looking practically clear as though there’s no second material. Is this a manufacturing defect? 

Here’s a photo with the 2 lighter 76mm wheels on the top left and the 1 lighter 80mm wheel on the bottom left 

2v2H4sp1Wx1YqB.jpg

I’ve never gone wheel crazy, but am looking forward to the R1’s arriving even more now! Will have my standard Labeda setup, the RR Tricksters, and the MPC Freestyle to try out 

• Thanks 1

A  Rinkrat official told me that the unpigmentet soft PU is clear and the harder one is milky/misty/opaque. Do they differ in hardness? The pictures of resellers are looking like the left wheel in the upper row.

I did reach out to the manufacturer who advised me they were likely from two different batches which is why there may be a difference in color. Also assuring me that there is zero chance they are not perfect quality. Dubious claims as I find it hard to believe any QC would allow this much variance in the look of a product, but we’ll see once I start using them.

He did also state that harder PU is milky/cloudy like you mentioned. These wheels are all supposed to be the exact same except for size. It would make sense for the larger wheels with a larger core to appear darker. It does not make sense that wheels of the exact same specs would look so different. Regarding reseller photos, I seem to always come across these two:

https://www.in-gravity.com/mpc-rueda-freestyle-dual-natural-80-xfirm-pa-bullet-radius-p-1-51-17777/

And

https://bladeville.com/mpc-freestyle-76mm-x-firm-dual-natural-1-pcs.html

On 8/17/2020 at 2:18 PM, Westside said:

Curiosity got the best of me so I ordered a set of MPC Freestyle wheels. Having never experienced dual pour wheels, the variation from wheel to wheel is very strange. For example, 3 of the 4 80mm wheels looks the same. One is slightly lighter in color, but not dramatically so. However, with the 76mm wheels, 2 of the 4 are noticeably lighter with one looking practically clear as though there’s no second material. Is this a manufacturing defect? 

Here’s a photo with the 2 lighter 76mm wheels on the top left and the 1 lighter 80mm wheel on the bottom left 

2v2H4sp1Wx1YqB.jpg

I’ve never gone wheel crazy, but am looking forward to the R1’s arriving even more now! Will have my standard Labeda setup, the RR Tricksters, and the MPC Freestyle to try out 

Are you in the US? If so, where'd you pick those up?

On 8/18/2020 at 4:18 AM, Westside said:

2v2H4sp1Wx1YqB.jpg

Very nice purchase!

Mine were like that as well new but I just assumed it was how I held them under the light as they appeared light and dark in certain settings.

I never had an issue with quality or defects, in fact I’m still punishing my set and they’ve had no visible loss of grip.

When I first bought them I tested them with my A scale for fun anf each wheel was consistently around the 84A mark with nothing standing out.

its funny cause when I first got them I did coffee table test on them and they felt slippery.

I hesitated putting them on but when I did oh man it was awesome!

Im very excited to hear how they go for you, all my buddies that have bought these at my recommendation have had huge success too.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:18 PM, Westside said:

And did you have the opportunity to compare the different wheels?

My MPC Freestyle dual wheels in a HILO setup arrived today, still waiting for my True skates to arrive. The wheels also have different grades of cloudiness/lucidity.

Edited by hockeydad3

6 hours ago, hockeydad3 said:

And did you have the opportunity to compare the different wheels?

My MPC Freestyle dual wheels in a HILO setup arrived today, still waiting for my True skates to arrive. The wheels also have different grades of cloudiness/lucidity.

I still haven’t used the RR wheels, but continue to roll on the MPC wheels. They’re so damn comfortable to skate on! I do find them sliding out from under me more often compared to Labeda Asphalts I’m used to when I do a real tight turn, but I can also use that to my advantage to help me slide stop better. It’s worth noting that I still haven’t played any kind of game with these wheels since there aren’t any games going on yet so this is purely from practice and general skating. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2021 at 12:26 PM, Westside said:

I still haven’t used the RR wheels, but continue to roll on the MPC wheels. They’re so damn comfortable to skate on! I do find them sliding out from under me more often compared to Labeda Asphalts I’m used to when I do a real tight turn, but I can also use that to my advantage to help me slide stop better. It’s worth noting that I still haven’t played any kind of game with these wheels since there aren’t any games going on yet so this is purely from practice and general skating. 

Glad to hear they’re working for you.

I just bought my second set with the originals lasting from May - Feb.

I love these wheels so much, just so fast and reliable 

On 7/31/2020 at 2:06 AM, Miller55 said:

Yeah, I figured they'd be able to get me some if I contact them directly. I'll probably hold off until rinks and league play reopens to try to order.

I was planning on using them for indoor wood actually. I'm about 30lbs lighter than you, so I'd probably do fine with the world cups anyway, but I'm more interested in the dual pour freestyle.

I'm using sprungs and with my weight and how hard I skate I would love to get on an 84a dual pour for indoor wood and tile. I think the grip would be ok since the sprungs flex a decent amount, and they would probably fly.

I can't see myself on 78a and sprungs. Tried that on painted concrete and it was slowww. For outdoor asphalt I'm using 89a or 90a. Anything less lasts me about 3-4 skates. I'll really just have to see what surfaces open up for league play soonest before I order anything though. Until then it's all asphalt for us.

Sk8house in Melbourne does them for a decent price and is apprently getting new stock in all sizes of the mpc freestyles, both dual and single pour.

might be worth ringin them up about it. 

On 12/1/2021 at 4:18 AM, mande399 said:

Sk8house in Melbourne does them for a decent price and is apprently getting new stock in all sizes of the mpc freestyles, both dual and single pour.

might be worth ringin them up about it. 

Thanks, but that post is a year and half old. I'm in the US anyway, so I did end up getting some MPC freestyle directly from RR

On 12/5/2021 at 2:02 PM, Miller55 said:

Thanks, but that post is a year and half old. I'm in the US anyway, so I did end up getting some MPC freestyle directly from RR

Can’t remember if I already asked but how did you find the freestyles?

On 12/14/2021 at 2:35 AM, Wicked3Aussie said:

Can’t remember if I already asked but how did you find the freestyles?

They're nice. I usually just use them to stick handle in a lot near my house and they have lasted fine and are comfortable. Can't tell much difference between them and the konixx outdoor purrs though, at $5 more per wheel