Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Beflar

My review of the 0.5 Quad profile

Me
220 pounds.  Coming from a 11' neutral profile, 5/8 sharpen.  Rocker 280 length.

Started playing hockey on 13' profile 20 years ago(didn't want to fall etc) till I figured that 13' profile in the corners kinda sucks so, I started to lower the profile number.  9' was great in the corners but unstable for me so a settled for 11' profile. Been on that for years.

0.5 Quad
(8-10-12-14)
As suggested when switching to the 0.5 quad I lower my sharpen from 5/8 to a 3/4...

Conclusion

I am having more fun playing hockey with this profile...
0.5 Quad feels 'natural'.  The first thing you are going to notice is the extra stability(even coming from an 11') but, as soon as you bend your knees and shift your weight your suddenly agile.  The weight shift feels natural, hard to describe, flex your foot 2 degrees and your suddenly agile without it feeling strange at all. 
Coming from a single profile skate the quad felt sooo much better.  It kinda feels like I'm skating on a 13' profile but the second I want to make a cut it feels like a 10' (maybe lower?).  So increased stability with increased agility.  Normally you have to give up one to get the other.

Other notes: the increase in glide is noticable big time.  This makes sense with the change in sharpen and more steel on the ice...

So in general if you are on a 10' profile or higher I would suggest the 0.5 quad profile.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Update: four games in and it keeps getting better the more I play on them.  Love them.

Edited by Beflar