Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
andrew0790

Nike Quest outsole problems

oYztn1h.jpgjrOoIAt.jpgHey guys first post here,

Anyway I've got a set of old Nike Quests that I love. Problem is the plastic outsole is cracking and a chunk came out of the back this past week. I just bought a house so unfortunately new skates aren't in the budget right now. Is this something I could fill with epoxy to get the skates to last me until I can afford a new pair?

Thanks

Percentage-wise, what’s another $400 on top of a new house?  Count it as part of the moving costs. 

New skates are less expensive than ankle surgery if you break your leg using a skate that is falling apart, and the long term health benefits of exercise from hockey are immeasurable. Honestly, I don’t know if you can afford to not get new skates. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/24/2020 at 9:22 AM, Giltis said:

What size do you wear and where are you located?

The Nike's are a size 11D. I live in Maine. This weekend I'm heading to have my feet properly sized for current Bauer and CCM skates since I hear they fit a bit differently

On 2/23/2020 at 4:03 PM, start_today said:

Percentage-wise, what’s another $400 on top of a new house?  Count it as part of the moving costs. 

New skates are less expensive than ankle surgery if you break your leg using a skate that is falling apart, and the long term health benefits of exercise from hockey are immeasurable. Honestly, I don’t know if you can afford to not get new skates. 

I agree, you've just never met my wife 😂

Once I'm graduated and start shipping out my plan is to save a little and then get a set of True made for me

On 2/26/2020 at 9:24 AM, andrew0790 said:

The Nike's are a size 11D. I live in Maine. This weekend I'm heading to have my feet properly sized for current Bauer and CCM skates since I hear they fit a bit differently

Ah that's too bad, I would have sent you an older pair if your sizing was close and lived in Canada, unfortunately shipping is quite a bit going across the boarder.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, Giltis said:

Ah that's too bad, I would have sent you an older pair if your sizing was close and lived in Canada, unfortunately shipping is quite a bit going across the boarder.

Not a problem! I appreciate the thought!