Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mjpisat

Thinking of trying a mid/low kick

Been using vapors or coverts for a while. Been thinking about giving the jetspeed or alpha DX For a change.  I hated the warrior HD1 so if the DX is anything like it I would pass.  The last mid type I had was a true 5.2 sbp.  So if jetspeed or DX is in that family I think I’d like either.  Any suggestions?

50 minutes ago, mjpisat said:

Been using vapors or coverts for a while. Been thinking about giving the jetspeed or alpha DX For a change.  I hated the warrior HD1 so if the DX is anything like it I would pass.  The last mid type I had was a true 5.2 sbp.  So if jetspeed or DX is in that family I think I’d like either.  Any suggestions?

I would look at the FT2. It's a very good stick. 

1 hour ago, mjpisat said:

Ok thanks.  The 2n is in the running too. Not 2n pro

I've used the a5.2 and original 1n and liked them but I hated my 2n pro. My current favorite sticks are all low kicks, ek365, a6.0ht, and trigger 4. Wasn't a huge fan of the covert low kicks. 

I'm also very interested int he ft2 but afraid it'll play similar to the 2n pro. 

Edited by Sniper9

10 hours ago, mjpisat said:

Ok thanks.  The 2n is in the running too. Not 2n pro

If you like the 2N and aren't hung up on warranty, the Nexus S19 League Edition stick runs about $70 cheaper and is similar if not better. It's lighter at 415g and has a 15K blade vs. the 12K on the 2N. No warranty though, this is a team stick you'll find in the junior and lower pro leagues.

• Like 1

I'm a low kick fan and right now my go to stick is the Trigger 4 but I recently purchased a retail FT2 on sideline swap to just play around with it and compare. I liked what I felt from it. CCM did a good job on the hybrid kick point as I feel the stick performed pretty well in all categories. The quick release wasn't as good as the Trigger but it was definitely manageable. Heavy wrist shots and slap shots come off really nice. Light weight, great blade feel, good balance, I was impressed and are keeping it as a backup twig.

I own FT2 and 2N Pro after years of using low kick. To me... FT2 feels more like low kick on all shots/passes except hard slapshots (which I never really take). When I'm making one time passes, I really feel the lower end of the shaft moving in the FT2, whereas I don't feel that really with Nexus. 

The shot on the FT2 is unreal though. I've never blown so many shots by my goalie in warm ups as I have with that stick. However, I use the 2N for all my games because I like passing with it better, and the puck feel is better... It's also lighter. 

3 hours ago, z1ggy said:

I own FT2 and 2N Pro after years of using low kick. To me... FT2 feels more like low kick on all shots/passes except hard slapshots (which I never really take). When I'm making one time passes, I really feel the lower end of the shaft moving in the FT2, whereas I don't feel that really with Nexus. 

The shot on the FT2 is unreal though. I've never blown so many shots by my goalie in warm ups as I have with that stick. However, I use the 2N for all my games because I like passing with it better, and the puck feel is better... It's also lighter. 

The trigger 4 puck feel is actually pretty darn good imo. They softened the blade a bit.