Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hawk11

P10/Pro Kane vs Pro Benn curve

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Pro Kane Curve or the Pro Benn curve from the MyBauer. I am planing on getting a mid kick(nexus)stick and I am not sure what curve to go for. They both have my interest. I like the idea of the Benn being a little more closed and not as big and the Pro Kane with the nice straight into the mid toe curve 

What's your current curve? I went from a pm9 to the Kane pro curve and had no problem adjusting. If you are a toe curve shooter or like a short blade it will be a tough learning curve, but again it's all personal preference

2 hours ago, Tirkhe said:

Benn pro curve closed? Not so much, i think it has pretty big wedge

I am sorry, I have been reading a lot about curves lately and got my wires crossed.

7 hours ago, kyleo29 said:

What's your current curve? I went from a pm9 to the Kane pro curve and had no problem adjusting. If you are a toe curve shooter or like a short blade it will be a tough learning curve, but again it's all personal preference

I bounce between the P88 and the P28.  I tend to send the puck high over the net when using the P28.  I do not really like short blades.  I was thinking that the Pro Kane would be kind of a middle ground since it has a mor subtle toe curve and is long and square.  I do tend to shoot more towards the toe

1 hour ago, hawk11 said:

I bounce between the P88 and the P28.  I tend to send the puck high over the net when using the P28.  I do not really like short blades.  I was thinking that the Pro Kane would be kind of a middle ground since it has a mor subtle toe curve and is long and square.  I do tend to shoot more towards the toe

I wouldn't consider the P28, P92, or P88 to be short blades. They are typical length. The P10 however is a much longer blade and has a completely different shooting dynamic compared to a mid-curve or tow-curve like the others. Its more of a heel curve than. a toe curve so you will likely not be shooting off the toe with it. 

52 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I wouldn't consider the P28, P92, or P88 to be short blades. They are typical length. The P10 however is a much longer blade and has a completely different shooting dynamic compared to a mid-curve or tow-curve like the others. Its more of a heel curve than. a toe curve so you will likely not be shooting off the toe with it. 

Does it wedge open at the heel like a heel curve or do you just use a heel curve shooting mechanics?

27 minutes ago, start_today said:

What curve do you currently use, and what do you like and not like about it? 

I currently go back and forth from the P88 and the P28.  I like the P88 for the ease of use, keeping the puck in this atmosphere .  I think the P28 for its shooting and long straight start of the blade.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:59 PM, hawk11 said:

I currently go back and forth from the P88 and the P28.  I like the P88 for the ease of use, keeping the puck in this atmosphere .  I think the P28 for its shooting and long straight start of the blade.

Have you been to prostockhockey.com to look at pro stock sticks? You might see something similar to what you are looking for.

Could also be just limited time using it. Without knowing more about you and seeing you play I couldn't really tell you what about the P92 isn't clicking. You may just need to play more and more with the P28 and find what shooting mechanics will work best for you. If you're changing often from the P88 to the P28 I can see why you would be missing pucks high. The P28 is very open compared to the P88 and that will make the puck naturally rise. What might put the puck up top in the net with the P88 could send the puck over the net with the P28. I think going with any of the pro P28 variants would be very much like what you are already experiencing. If anything, they are more extreme in terms of their shape. 

So.....I am glad I did not go and order a couple of custom Kane pro curve sticks.  It is a nice curve, but was not for me.  I shot way better with my P28.  Now I will be looking at the Benn pro/ Kucherov or a plain old p92. 

On 2/25/2020 at 8:40 AM, hawk11 said:

What position do you play?

You use left or right hand stick?

Where do you find yourself taking most of your shots? Or at least, what location do you find yourself taking most of your shots in a game situation? Near the blue line. In more closer to the top of the face-off circle. Nearer to the face-off dot/high slot. Low near the crease, bottom of face-off circle. All Michigans, all the time from behind the goal line. 

I bounce between right wing and D , but I seem to play more wing. I am right handed.

I probably take most of my shots around the face off dot.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:17 PM, hawk11 said:

For some reason I seem to always have a bad time with the P92. I don’t know why. Maybe the rocker? 

Most likely rocker/lie. Go 2-3 inches shorter on the P92 vs. the P88 in stick length and you'll likely see a huge difference. 

P92 is no good if you're a low skater who likes to keep the puck out in front with an average or long stick. Shorten it up and play it closer to the body and it'll work much better.

colins

On 2/27/2020 at 9:47 PM, hawk11 said:

For some reason I seem to always have a bad time with the P92. I don’t know why. Maybe the rocker? 

On 3/5/2020 at 3:51 PM, hawk11 said:

So.....I am glad I did not go and order a couple of custom Kane pro curve sticks.  It is a nice curve, but was not for me.  I shot way better with my P28.  Now I will be looking at the Benn pro/ Kucherov or a plain old p92. 

A) What’s your reasoning for changing curves? Sounds like you almost paid for a custom stick with the Kane curve, and don’t even like it. Are you just wanting to try new stuff? 

If you’re just looking to try new curves in a mid kick stick, couldn’t you save $150 and just buy a pro stock? Paying for custom is an expensive route if you don’t even know what you want  

B) If you don’t do well with the p92 (1st post) why consider getting it on a custom stick (2nd post)?

Its your money and spend it how you want, but it kinda sounds like you read a whole bunch about curve options, and now you’re getting something just because it’s there, regardless if it suites you. 

On 2/25/2020 at 10:59 AM, hawk11 said:

if you're looking at custom curves, the kucherov is just the p28  but not as open.