Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
northof60

Ccm Jetspeed Team Sticks

So, I picked up 2 of these for $400 Canadian.  I know they aren't "real" FT2 sticks, but can someone tell.me what they are, and how they're different from my retail FT2 p29.  The curve seems to be very, very slightly different.  They are marked 85 flex but feel closer to 75 (a good thing) and I've got no idea what LK means.  Also the blade weave looks different.

https://m.imgur.com/a/pGAjRMj

The stick(s) you have aren't made from Sigma-tex like the retail FT2. I believe they are CCM's 12K weave, which I think (and I could be wrong) was CCM's top material before 2017 and the introduction of Sigma-tex. And LK stands for low-kick, so your stick has an engineered low-kick point as oppose to the hybrid kickpoint found on the retail FT2. 

On 2/27/2020 at 7:28 AM, skatedoktor said:

you paid way too much

200 each, including shipping cant be that bad.  The top of the line sticks in my town (ft2, flylite) are 320 and 350 each.  Hoping these sticks last a little longer than the ft2 I had which broke in like 2 months of shitty mens league and one high level tournament.

I wont have a chance to use these until monday. Its my understanding that the jetspeed team is this years team stick.  Last year was super tacks 2.0 and next year will be ribcor trigger 5.

My main concern is the blade, I dont like super stiff blades so this will be an adjustment.  Might try and get my hands on one of those deadening pads that stick on the blade 

1 hour ago, northof60 said:

200 each, including shipping cant be that bad.  The top of the line sticks in my town (ft2, flylite) are 320 and 350 each.  Hoping these sticks last a little longer than the ft2 I had which broke in like 2 months of shitty mens league and one high level tournament.

I wont have a chance to use these until monday. Its my understanding that the jetspeed team is this years team stick.  Last year was super tacks 2.0 and next year will be ribcor trigger 5.

My main concern is the blade, I dont like super stiff blades so this will be an adjustment.  Might try and get my hands on one of those deadening pads that stick on the blade 

Where are you located? The Bauer Nexus S19 League Edition is a superior stick and are available for $150 cdn each + tax around most major centers in Canada.

hockeystickman.ca is currently selling the FT2 Team for $149 cdn.

Either way it's whatever because these sticks are tanks. Mine has seen some wicked slashes from my own teenage boys (way worse than league or drop in games) on the pond this winter and is A OK and still feels like new. The outer finish does have scars but the stick is fine.

4 hours ago, colins said:

Where are you located? The Bauer Nexus S19 League Edition is a superior stick and are available for $150 cdn each + tax around most major centers in Canada.

hockeystickman.ca is currently selling the FT2 Team for $149 cdn.

Whitehorse Yukon

• Like 1