Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
cause4alarm

anybody still use shafts/two-piece sticks?

I was gonna tell you, they have for the most part died out, very hard to find 2 pieces. I used to love keeping one as a backup, because if I ever got bored of a curve I’d just try one for 40$ first on the backup than buy a ops variant if I liked it. 

Base might be the only company actively manufacturing tapered blades. If you don't need tapered then you have a lot more options. I still use 2-piece sticks, but regular shafts and blades.

I'm using BASE 2-piece sticks. They used to be one-piece but when the blades broke, I managed to chip out the remaining hosel pieces from the shaft and put in some old BASE blades. I'm going to stick with 2-piece from now on. BASE blades are a bit pricey but they're the only 4-lie PM9 blades I can find.

1 hour ago, Siponarius said:

I ended up buyin a bunch of Harrow blades last year on SidelineSwap. Not sure if Harrow still produces them. Bought a few Left p93, and a few left p38

Oh yeah, I forgot SidelineSwap. 

NOS is great, but it helps if you’re a lefty (I am) and are flexible on patterns (I am) so it works out. 

On 2/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, cause4alarm said:

I'm looking for some recommendations for tapered blades, please and thank you.

Yes. It was hard to find a composite blade in the lie I wanted until I happen to find an eBay seller who is a hockey store in Riga, Latvia, great_hockey

or you can check out their web site.

https://www.hokejam.com/