Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bangerjc

Best shell for ccm girdle

I just ordered a large ccm 7092 girdle and I tried them on in the store first but didn't like how tight the stock shell was.  What would be the best ccm shell to order for these that wouldn't be so tight on the legs? Pp90 pp10? 

I know it's preference but I don't have stores that carry shells near me so I would be ordering them online. 

Anyone have any pics of them wearing a large girdle wirh a shell? 

Edited by bangerjc

Stock CCM shell, but one size up? Try pro-stock shells.

My son wears a medium CCM Super tack girdle but since it only came in black, I found a pro-stock CCM medium shell from a minor league team

40 minutes ago, Coldclay said:

Stock CCM shell, but one size up? Try pro-stock shells.

My son wears a medium CCM Super tack girdle but since it only came in black, I found a pro-stock CCM medium shell from a minor league team

Thanks. What model is the shell you got? 

Howdy,

I also have a 7092 girdle.  I can't say I've ever really noticed how tight or loose the shell was particularly, so I may not be the best example for you.

The shells I like the most are the Warrior pro stock ones with the Velcro / pull strap front.  I have a medium girdle and use either the Medium or Large shells interchangeably.  5'10", 190 lbs, 35" waist.

I have a CCM PP90 prostock as well that I like about as much as the Warrior.  Similar deal, velcro front closure with a pull strap.

Also a couple Bauer MX3 Supreme shells.  Same thing... Velcro front closure with a pullstrap.  Those have a clip buckle for the pull strap.  I like these fine as well.

I don't leave the shell attached to the girdle / don't attach it when I wear it, so I don't know anything about attaching any of them to the girdle itself.

I can't say that I've noticed any of the shells I've ever worn restricting my movements.  But I'm old and slow, so that might be more related to that than anything else.  🙂

Mark

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I also have a 7092 girdle.  I can't say I've ever really noticed how tight or loose the shell was particularly, so I may not be the best example for you.

The shells I like the most are the Warrior pro stock ones with the Velcro / pull strap front.  I have a medium girdle and use either the Medium or Large shells interchangeably.  5'10", 190 lbs, 35" waist.

I have a CCM PP90 prostock as well that I like about as much as the Warrior.  Similar deal, velcro front closure with a pull strap.

Also a couple Bauer MX3 Supreme shells.  Same thing... Velcro front closure with a pullstrap.  Those have a clip buckle for the pull strap.  I like these fine as well.

I don't leave the shell attached to the girdle / don't attach it when I wear it, so I don't know anything about attaching any of them to the girdle itself.

I can't say that I've noticed any of the shells I've ever worn restricting my movements.  But I'm old and slow, so that might be more related to that than anything else.  🙂

Mark

Haha thanks for the response. What size is your pp90 and how does the fit look over the shell? Tight looking or roomy? 

Howdy,

8 minutes ago, bangerjc said:

Haha thanks for the response. What size is your pp90 and how does the fit look over the shell? Tight looking or roomy? 

PP90 is a Medium.  I would say "average"?  

For me, what I notice is the girdle itself (which is fairly tight) vs. the shell.  I don't really look in mirrors with this stuff so unless someone says something on the bench like "yo, what's up with that weirdass shell?" I don't know how it looks... 😉

Sorry I can't be much help here.

Mark

I had the CCM 7092 girdle and it didn't come with the stock shell but I used a Warrior 9k shell with it in the same size as the girdle and it was perfect. The Warrior shell was big enough where it had a little extra room because the 9k girdle is a little more bulky than the 7092. I had originally bought a CCM PP10 shell in the same size as the girdle and it was way too big. Hopefully this helps.

The PP10 is a pant shell so that would prob be huge, I'd stick with a PP90 or PP9k, both basically the same thing.  I find those two slightly roomier than the PPTK shell (the newer tacks shell) since the new one seems to be a little more streamlined.  You can also use the Warrior ones, HockeyMonkey has a bunch of pro stock ones and they're slightly roomier than the CCM shells.  I'd try a different model shell in the same size before going up a size since you might be swimming in  a larger size (I wear medium Tacks and 9K girdles and mainly use medium shells, PP90, PP9K, and Warrior, but also have a PPTK in a small that fits with the length extended all the way but is slightly more slim than I prefer).

6 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

The PP10 is a pant shell so that would prob be huge, I'd stick with a PP90 or PP9k, both basically the same thing.  I find those two slightly roomier than the PPTK shell (the newer tacks shell) since the new one seems to be a little more streamlined.  You can also use the Warrior ones, HockeyMonkey has a bunch of pro stock ones and they're slightly roomier than the CCM shells.  I'd try a different model shell in the same size before going up a size since you might be swimming in  a larger size (I wear medium Tacks and 9K girdles and mainly use medium shells, PP90, PP9K, and Warrior, but also have a PPTK in a small that fits with the length extended all the way but is slightly more slim than I prefer).

Awesome info man thanks. 

What's the diff between pp90 and pp9k? Which do. You prefer

Not entirely sure what, if any, differences there are between the two.  I always assumed it was just a name change when RBK dropped out of the branding and it was then all CCM.  I've owned both models and nothing jumped out at me as being different.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:45 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

Not entirely sure what, if any, differences there are between the two.  I always assumed it was just a name change when RBK dropped out of the branding and it was then all CCM.  I've owned both models and nothing jumped out at me as being different.

Im having a tough time finding a plain black CCM pp90 shell online, can you suggest anywhere?  

I came across a pp15, looks like a pant shell, but i read some guys use these? any experience?

I'd go with the PP9K, it has the added kidney protection and also has velcro tabs if you were so inclined to attach it to the girdle so you couldn't easily remove it (not sure why this is a thing but some people like that).

2 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I'd go with the PP9K, it has the added kidney protection and also has velcro tabs if you were so inclined to attach it to the girdle so you couldn't easily remove it (not sure why this is a thing but some people like that).

Cool. So a large for a large girdle should be a bit more roomier then the stock shell? The site has no returns just want to make sure I don't waste money. 

Thays why I was leaving towards a medium Pp10. Looks like it would be more comfortable