Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ParabolicActivity

Base Sticks - Has anyone used one?

Hey, I am wondering if anyone has used one of these sticks before. They have a couple of curves that look fun to try and I am thinking about getting a custom "Super Natural". Are they worth the price for a beer league / drop in player? What is their reputation as far a durability?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Hey, I am wondering if anyone has used one of these sticks before. They have a couple of curves that look fun to try and I am thinking about getting a custom "Super Natural". Are they worth the price for a beer league / drop in player? What is their reputation as far a durability?

Base has its own thread you can search for. Ton of info on there 

I used them when they first started out and was the most durable sticks I've ever used. But it's been a long time and many models since their original Savoy special, which they still sell. Imo though the prices have gone up and although still sub 300 Canadian, I rather get last year model of say warrior or true at s large discount. Mind you my pattern is a p28 and 65-70 flex so it's not hard to come by retail wise. 

When I did use base I went with the hossa pro which was a very fun blade. 

1 hour ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Are you talking about the endless Base curve thread? Trying to get useful info out of long threads with meandering vectors is the worst.

no, this is the one i was thinking about. theres a few other smaller threads too. probably a bit to sift through since its a pretty general thread, but maybe you will find something. 

I've been using them for a long time.  Durability is really Good, especially when you get the sharkskin blade.  I haven't used the supernatural but the ss10 is great stick. 

They also have alot of curve options.

• Like 1

I’ve found the durability of the blades to be great. Shafts San get brittle from slashes and shot blocks, I’d say more than the average shaft. But I’ve used them for years and always been pleased

• Like 1

Just go straight thru the website. I used their tapered blades for a little while. They were decent. The only issue I found, which many replacement blade manufacturers have, is inconsistent blade and/or hosel lengths.

• Like 1

I used a BASE blade and it was pure quality. I ordered extra stiff thinking that since I am a big tough guy and have snapped and deteriorated some blades that X-Stiff would be my match. I was so wrong, and not the big tough guy I thought I was apparently. The guy who took my order advised that Extra Stiff is insane stiffness and advised against it, but I am stubborn and did not take his advice. Should have gone with the standard stiff- but anyway score 2 for BASE for the experience. The rep was correct, and the blade that was delivered was spot on for what I ordered. I did not love the curve as I thought I would, but again that's on me not BASE. If they made the P30 curve then I'd buy my next stick from them.