Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
caveman27

Is your rink closed? Corona virus stuff

I’m in Missouri right now and the number of people who still say it’s a media driven hoax still is staggering.

It will be VERY real for them, soon enough. Hell, my wife and I may very well have brought it here with us, who knows.

57 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I’m in Missouri right now and the number of people who still say it’s a media driven hoax still is staggering.

It will be VERY real for them, soon enough. Hell, my wife and I may very well have brought it here with us, who knows.

Can’t inconvenience some people with science and math...

2 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Get out of here!  You mean to tell me your beer league games don't draw big crowds or scouts!?  heh.

There was one game where we had 12 fans. It was like the NHL experience. 

• Like 1

We once played a game in the afternoon and I guess it was some sort of school event on the ice right after us, so there were FIVE bus loads of kids in the stands. That was crazy.

• Like 1

Hockey sticks are generally about 5'-6' long, give or take.  I think I'm gonna take a hockey stick with me on the few occasions I go out now....  it can be used as a social distance measuring tool, a self defense weapon, and well...a hockey stick.  lol.

On the reality side, did anyone catch CTV, taping their mics to hockey sticks in order to interview people on the street? 

Edited by shoot_the_goalie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The public schools have extended their closures from two weeks to four weeks. If the rinks follow suit, then they'll keep the rinks closed for four weeks. 

That will push playoffs deep into May (for our league), unless they have some midnight games in order to end the season on time for summer league, and who is going to want to play after midnight? I would, but not sure if others would.

Edited by caveman27

Good to hear, man.

Uh. So the e-visit screening for COVID-19 from Kaiser wont let you get to the point of scheduling a test if you answer “no” to the questions about traveling overseas or close contact with confirmed patient. 

I… think we’re kind of past those at this point. Fix it, KP.

Pretty sure at this point virtually every rink in MA is closed. 0 emails from the goalie list for several days now, and all the major adult leagues cancelled/suspended. The gym I work at closed x3 weeks and laid off nearly everyone (jerks), so I'm picking up a second 24h on the ambulance.  I can't say I'm not a bit worried, but I can't just not work, either.  

I do wish it was at least warm enough to swim. 😛

Well, my wife had an e-visit with the doctor today. Has the symptoms for COVID19, has a history of chronic bronchitis, is a first responder, but was denied a test.

At this point were making the assumption that she has it and are proceeding with treatment under that assumption. With her history we expect it’s just a matter of time before she is in the hospital. Hopefully not, but again since they won’t test her we have to assume.

• Sad 3

On 3/20/2020 at 10:22 AM, shoot_the_goalie said:

Hockey sticks are generally about 5'-6' long, give or take.  I think I'm gonna take a hockey stick with me on the few occasions I go out now....  it can be used as a social distance measuring tool, a self defense weapon, and well...a hockey stick.  lol.

On the reality side, did anyone catch CTV, taping their mics to hockey sticks in order to interview people on the street? 

Rink closure extended by a state mandate to April 23.

Non-essential businesses closed in MA.  Call volume on the ambulance is way down - even 911 calls are down.  (Cardiac arrest pays no heed to pandemics.)  The staff at the local ER is absolutely haggard, but it felt like some semblance of normalcy to see them yesterday.

6 minutes ago, SirJW said:

Valencia Ice Station in North Los Angeles County to close for good.

https://www.icestation.net/news/public-closure-faqs

I could guess the shutdowns just fast tracked the closure, but I do hope the LA Kings take a look to see if they can save it. 

I think I went there once when I was commuting to Valencia from San Diego. Is that the one with the second mini-rink?

Our hockey league sent out a message to everyone, that the league is going to start up on April 27. At that point, the shut down of non-essential businesses would be lifted.

I guess they are trying to be positive, and be prepared to start up if it all dies down in a month.

Kids’ spring league sent out something about accelerating the season once things open back up.  I cannot see this happening in time.  People must think that   in a week or two between one day and the next everything in the country is just going to open up and we instantaneously are going back to normal....  That sounds like a recipe for relapse to me.

• Like 3