Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
beerleaguecaptain

Single Favorite Piece of Equipment Ever

Currently in use: 2010 Warrior Projekt shoulder pads. I rotate between two pairs. 

No longer around: Bauer Vapor XX stick, the black one with light blue graphics. It felt perfect in my hand, but the durability was awful. 

• Like 1

My first pro gear...'77 Super Tacks...Cooper LIP Islanders gloves and Cooper pro pants (also Isles).  Still have the pants and my second pair of LIP gloves...they're retired.  Have to include Koho 221 Custom Pro...my stick until they stopped making them the old way.  The last incarnation of the 221 had so much fiberglass...I felt like shooting with a piece of boat.

Totally dig my new gear though...one of my old skates weighs more than both of my 2XPro's or AS1's!

• Like 1

The old Warrior Dolomite Kovalchuk pro stock stick I had with a more closed mid-toe hook (not like most of his current sticks that use a more open P28 type pattern with more hook). I loved the curve for both shooting and stick handling. The retail Smyth curve is similar and I still have a few of those, but it's not exactly the same as the specific pro stock I had.

That was a tough choice as there's a lot of gear I love including: Mako skates, Kor Shift 1 skates, 2012 Projekt elbows, Easton E700 helmets, Farrell/Verbero shoulders. I considered all of those as my top choice, but still have all of those, with the exception of the KORs and if there's one thing I wish I could have back it's that old Kovy pro stock.

If we include roller hockey then I'd also consider saying the Sprung chassis, but I still have that. 

Edited by althoma1

Bauer 1x 2016 stick. I have tried plenty of sticks, but for some reason everything works with this. The puck feels like it's glued to the stick and every move is effortless. It has a fairly lively blade but can't tell where the "glued" feeling comes from. The balance of the stick is also very nice and I have no problem with different kind of shots.

I still have a pair of Cooper Techniflex shoulder pads.   Quite possibly the lightest shoulder pads ever made.  Loved them

Also I was a huge fan of the Easton T-Flex graphite sticks.  Puck just seemed to launch off of them.  Joe Sakic used them for a reason!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eesh said:

Also I was a huge fan of the Easton T-Flex graphite sticks.  Puck just seemed to launch off of them.  Joe Sakic used them for a reason!

100000000000%

People forget the fact that the Synergy was basically a T-Flex with epoxy where the shaft and blade connect. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 3

On 4/6/2020 at 7:39 AM, yrhmblnr8r said:

Currently in use: 2010 Warrior Projekt shoulder pads. I rotate between two pairs. 

No longer around: Bauer Vapor XX stick, the black one with light blue graphics. It felt perfect in my hand, but the durability was awful. 

Oh this reminds me... the 2010 Projekt elbow pads. Have not found anything since even close to as comfortable. 

Cooper Techniflex TF1000 Gloves. 

When I was a kid these were the bees knees. I still have a pair and they are absolute buckets with terrible range of motion in the fingers but damn they still look good! 

• Like 1

I'm gonna get laughed outta town on this one, but my favorite stick for a long time in the early 00s was the Trilage. Fit my hand perfectly and the control was amazing. Feel wasn't the best, neither was the kick, but i felt like I could do anything i tried in terms of controlling the puck. Runners up would be the One95 stick that just launched em and the TPS TriCore with the round shaft (also the Easton Cyclone shaft shape). The One95 was probably also my favorite boot, those or S500s

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pucks_putts said:

Cooper Techniflex TF1000 Gloves. 

When I was a kid these were the bees knees. I still have a pair and they are absolute buckets with terrible range of motion in the fingers but damn they still look good! 

Give me a pair of nylon TF1000 with upgraded padding from today's gloves and split fingers and I'd be a happy camper!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 8:29 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

hahaha!!!!  Hard pass there man.....  That's like the Great Gazoo!!!

GB16m9X.gif

Wear the 290's in goal.  (Wear the Jofa 390's with a different cage when playing out).

LAW0QxZ.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skyscrape said:

My Al MacInnis Sherwood Featherlite 7000

that stick was the best while it lasted.  Been searching for the curve and feel since. 

So three shifts? 🙂

Very tough question. I'll have to go with a Jofa 381 cage, which I still use twice a week. I have a little mini collection of those paired with CCM HT2/652 helmets.

• Like 1

Older: 100 flex ultra lite (butterscotch) with ccm wood ronald petrovicky pro blades.  I don't quite remember how i acquired the blades, but i had 6 of them.  They were short, skinny with a toe kink. The stiffest wood blades i had ever felt.  Grey 85 z bubble with a sakic focus flex blade was a game changer for me.  I couldn't believe how light it was.  I had an original synergy (the dark grey) at the same time, and I much preferred the bubble.  I also had eagle gloves in the heatley design, but instead of blue with a yellow strip, they were black with a white stripe.  I believe they originally had floating wrist protection which i cut it off.  They were a real statement piece haha.

Newer: True skates. They feel like no other skate I've worn.  It's like skating in a sorel winter boot but in the best possible way. I've had life changing ankle injuries, and these have made skating way more enjoyable and sustainable.  Previously, I had to tightly tape my ankle before every skate in bauers.  I didn't think i'd be able to play much longer at one point.  With my true customs, i dont have to tape, and i aggravate my ankles way less frequently than i did before.  They're tough to get on and off your feet, but worth it.  Easton v9 and bauer nexus 1n are my two favourite sticks of semi-recent years.  They felt different from another, but both were really balanced and not overly light or hollow. For some reason, I switched from kreps to p90t, and now my stick options are way less diverse.  Dumb. I'd really like to use those sticks again.  Is it just me, or do many of the really recent, mega light sticks feel like kid's toys?  For protective, I'll echo others and say the ccm CL pads.  And of course my bauer 4500.  I think if they stopped making them, i'd stop playing. But hey, I dont think i've ever tried on another helmet, so maybe they aren't as great as i think.    

• Like 2

Easton CNT Stealth 85 Drury or Sakic. Nothing has ever come close for me. I still have dreams of randomly coming across a storage bin in Mexico or Salt Lake stocked with 40 of them. Until then - if anyone has one shoot me a PM. 😆

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, the_game said:

Give me a pair of nylon TF1000 with upgraded padding from today's gloves and split fingers and I'd be a happy camper!

This is the holy grail of TF gloves... if only Bauer would be so bold as to do this 🤞

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Davideo said:

So three shifts? 🙂

My PeeWee season.  

I scored bar down from outside the blue line with a clapper as a peewee.  Can you blame me for being hooked since. 

it’s still in the garage.  Scores 22 goals as a d man that season. 😂

almost all with that stick. 

• Like 1

Sticks: Easton Ultralite, I started playing right when there was the mix of wood, aluminum and graphite and the Ultralite just seemed miles better than everything I had tried to that point. Runner up would be the Bauer Supreme Total One. After taking a long break from hockey and getting back into gear it was the first high end one piece I used, having tried a few midrange sticks and this just seemed like a huge leap. Honestly in the 10 or so years since then I can’t say the tech has advanced that much more aside from shedding weight and I’ve tried a ton of sticks from the major manufacturers in that time. 

Skates:  Gotta go with the True customs as well.  Best mix of more recent tech but the customized sizing that I need. 

Gloves: Easton GX4000.  I had the GX9500 and my god were they heavy and hot as hell. These were so much lighter and easier to wear for longer periods. 

• Like 1

Loved my Cooper SC Pro gloves from high school.  Pretty thin palms (not that my brick hands took advantage of them...), classic look, should never have gotten rid of them!