Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cove

Closest fit to a tack

Seems like CCM hasnt updated their inline skates in a while, and with this lock down im going crazy having so little to do. Whos making an inline skate with as close to the fit of a CCM Tack as possible? I believe the Missions and Alkalines are 'supreme', but I need something slightly deeper ala the tack. 

The Missions use the Supreme last. I believe the new Alkali line does have Supreme like volume, but the previous Alkali RPD line was a bit deeper. I think the other deeper option would be Tour skates. Inlinewarehouse lets you search by fit and here are the 'high volume' options: https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/High_Volume_Roller_Hockey_Skates/catpage-RHSK8VOL3.html

Since I believe you're in Canada, it may make more sense to grab something from a Canadian site. For inline in Canada, Coast to Coast has a good selection and has some Alkali RPD skates on clearance: https://coasthockeyshop.com/collections/senior-inline-roller-hockey-skates?constraint=alkali.

The Tours or Alkali's may work, but likely won't fit exactly like Tacks. Your other option is finding some Tacks ice skates in your size (gently used or on clearance) and converting them to inline skates. I use and like the Sprung chassis, but you could use whatever chassis you wanted. This route is generally more expensive and takes more time, but you would end up with skates you know will fit. 

Edited by althoma1

I was considering converting my current tacks and buying the AS1 now that the price is down a bit. I love near yorkdale and the outdoor rink there now has a lock on the cages so Im just suuuuper bored, and wont be able to get someone to install a chasis anyway. Is there a winner in the mars v. sprung debate? 

Personally, I think the Sprungs are better for playing (lighter, lower and tighter turns), but the Marsblades are a good off ice training tool for ice players. Marsblade may be developing a version that is better suited to league play and you can find a picture of the prototype in this thread: 

There is some discussion on Marsblades vs. Sprungs in various threads like this one: 

• Like 1

Yes, Fizix is what I have been waiting for - an improved aluminum version of Sprungs. It seemed to be in the prototype stage in 2018, but I don't think he had the money to produce them. Now I see there's a new prototype on the Fizix FB page, but again, funding for production could be an issue if he doesn't find a person or company to fund that. Sprungs are great, but it'd be nice to have an aluminum version where you don't have to clean them regularly to avoid friction wear.