Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Eesh

Help! I'm Looking for an original Easton Aluminum (Silver)

I hope the mods don't delete this being how quiet the hockey world is right now.

I'm going to start a coffee table project.  I'm going to be casting about 18 hockey stick shafts in resin.  Sticks from the 60's all the way up to current ones.   

I'm looking for an Original Silver Easton Aluminum 

I figured there might be a good chance there would be people with some in their garages or shed.  The only criteria is I need them to be no less than 47" from top of the blade to butt end.

Please let me know and I will contact you!!
Edited by Eesh

Normally we remove posts that are looking for equipment because we have a gear exchange section that requires a Members++ subscription. However, it seems like you're not looking for "equipment" so much as materials for basically an art project. So we'll let this stick around, but just be aware you're definitely toeing into a grey area here.

That said, if you manage to get what you're looking for, please be sure to post pictures! 

• Like 1

5ish years ago, CCM released a composite version of the Titan 2020. Obviously not as cool as finding an orignal wood one, but since it’s being cast in resin anway, it might work. And we won’t tell anyone you’re using a fake repress version. 

1 hour ago, start_today said:

5ish years ago, CCM released a composite version of the Titan 2020. Obviously not as cool as finding an orignal wood one, but since it’s being cast in resin anway, it might work. And we won’t tell anyone you’re using a fake repress version. 

Pure used to sell it:https://www.purehockey.com/product/titan-tpm-2020-composite-stick-senior/itm/17169-41/

3 hours ago, start_today said:

Ya I've tried to find a Senior model of that stick as well.   They don't make or sell them anymore.

2 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Titan was the goto street hockey stick when I was a kid because of the ABS blade.  Never used one for ice.

I used one as a kid on ice, it was my favorite stick at the time. Of course seeing Gretzky using one had some influence on that.

The blade though was mostly wooden, it was just the frame around it that had a plastic composite material to avoid the quick wear on the bottom of the blade that plagued all other wooden sticks of that era.

Titan's founder describes the construction of the blade here in the clip from Hockey Tutorial (the stick he's holding is not a TPM 2020 it looks like a regular wood blade): 

Here's a good pic of the blade:

WAYNE GRETZKY Titan TPM 2020 Signed Autographed Hockey

Edited by colins

I have an Easton aluminum, but unfortunately it is black.  Not sure I'd part with it anyway, since I like to bring it out once in a while to see the looks I get from the youngun's.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:50 PM, start_today said:

CCM made them for Total Hockey, who had acquired the name but CCM still had the license for sticks.  TH's plan was to make a full line of equipment.

On 4/15/2020 at 7:32 PM, colins said:

Correct, it was the merchandise acquired in the purchase.

• Like 1