Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Jersey Sizing...among brands?

Here's one for ya...

I'm looking at some jersey options, and their sizing recommendations seem...ummm...strange.  When I compare the measurement guides to what I have,  they seem huge...but are listed as medium or even small.  Here's an example: I've got a CCM pro jersey that is a 48 (fits well)...when I measure the dimensions...they're significantly smaller than what is listed currently as an Adidas 46.  My old jerseys are mostly XL and are a little big on me (which is ok).  I'm specially looking at an Adidas pro jersey and at 5'9"/165 lbs/40"chest/33"waist...I really don't know what size I wear. Med., large, 46, 50...no idea...they seem all over the map.  Anyone want to advise?

Edited by Jbear

Depends on the manufacturer and the version of the jersey made by manufacturer. They aren’t exactly cookie cutter. 

I have a CCM 56 from 2003 that fits amazing, especially with shoulder pads, and fits the same as my current CCM Reebok Edge 3.0 58+ practice jerseys. 

The Edge 3.0 practice jerseys I have do not fit the same as the Edge 1.0 I have from 2007. In my opinion, the 1.0 fits similar to Addidas AdiZero.. very slim. 

The 56 I have from ‘03 doesn’t fit the same as the OHL CCM jersey I have, Despite being made by CCM. 

It’s a long winded explanation that the only sure fire way to  figure it out is sadly to try it on. 

On 4/13/2020 at 5:04 PM, Jbear said:

Here's one for ya...

I'm looking at some jersey options, and their sizing recommendations seem...ummm...strange.  When I compare the measurement guides to what I have,  they seem huge...but are listed as medium or even small.  Here's an example: I've got a CCM pro jersey that is a 48 (fits well)...when I measure the dimensions...they're significantly smaller than what is listed currently as an Adidas 46.  My old jerseys are mostly XL and are a little big on me (which is ok).  I'm specially looking at an Adidas pro jersey and at 5'9"/165 lbs/40"chest/33"waist...I really don't know what size I wear. Med., large, 46, 50...no idea...they seem all over the map.  Anyone want to advise?

Jerseys to wear on the ice with shoulder pads, or jerseys to wear off-ice, no equipment?

I've got a Reebok 48 authentic...it's 25" across the chest and an Adidas that is 27+" that says 50 (the number is handwritten so maybe it's really a 60...but the back is 33" so WTF).  These are so far off they might as well not even have sizes!  Don't get me started on L v XL and the like.

I wish they would just have a chart that you could look at...your height/chest/waist and it'd say...48-fit/50-loose fit/46 snug fit...something like that.  Oh well...maybe it's me with the problem🤣

Howdy,

14 minutes ago, Jbear said:

I've got a Reebok 48 authentic...it's 25" across the chest and an Adidas that is 27+" that says 50 (the number is handwritten so maybe it's really a 60...but the back is 33" so WTF).  These are so far off they might as well not even have sizes!  Don't get me started on L v XL and the like.

I wish they would just have a chart that you could look at...your height/chest/waist and it'd say...48-fit/50-loose fit/46 snug fit...something like that.  Oh well...maybe it's me with the problem🤣

Yeah, I've not seen anything consistent as to how number sizing works.  Seems like older jerseys are wider but ??

For me, jerseys in the 24" to 25" pit to pit size range are good, but that seems to have wildly different number sizing from different jersey manufacturers or even models within the same manufacturer.

Mark

I wouldn’t recommend a retail adidas authentic jersey for playing in.  They are tailored to fit more like clothes than a jersey.  You have to find a made in Canada (MIC) adidas jersey or get an older Reebok jerseys. Those fit like jerseys across all of the retail lines.