Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
marka

Why is Warrior's customizer so mean to me?

Howdy,

Anyone know why Warrior's hockey customizer doesn't let you do things like customize the 'real' Covert glove with the flex cuff?  Or build their girdle shell?

Heck I don't see any covert gloves on the customizer at all now, even with the crappy fixed cuff.

Is there another one available for NHL teams or something?  Certainly I've seen pro stock version of all of that, in the various team colors.

Mark

Because the "real" Covert glove isn't available for retail/retail customer customization.  

Same applies with their girdle shell.  They didn't do the customization for those; they were done through a local retailer in Metro Detroit.

• Like 3

Howdy,

So how does it work if you're an NHL team?  Is it all a one off thing to get them to source fabrics that match your colors?  Like it seems like there are very specific shades of red or blue or yellow or whatever that don't necessarily match up to what I see being available on their retail stuff.

Nothing but idle curiosity really.  Though it would be fun to be able to get a good quality Neon Pink or whatever shell and gloves...

Mark

Separate question about the customizer.  It looks like they no longer offer stick customization, is that correct or am I a doof that doesn’t know the right place to look?

4 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

So how does it work if you're an NHL team?  Is it all a one off thing to get them to source fabrics that match your colors?  Like it seems like there are very specific shades of red or blue or yellow or whatever that don't necessarily match up to what I see being available on their retail stuff.

Nothing but idle curiosity really.  Though it would be fun to be able to get a good quality Neon Pink or whatever shell and gloves...

Mark

NHL teams are obviously not using this customizer nor are they placing orders through the same website as the general public. The idea is that this would help facilitate cost effective customs at scale and no longer support things like “Hossa cuff, shortened gussets, Franchise dressed like an AX1” etc etc etc from back in the day. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 3:53 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

Anyone know why Warrior's hockey customizer doesn't let you do things like customize the 'real' Covert glove with the flex cuff?  Or build their girdle shell?

Heck I don't see any covert gloves on the customizer at all now, even with the crappy fixed cuff.

Is there another one available for NHL teams or something?  Certainly I've seen pro stock version of all of that, in the various team colors.

Mark

https://www.warrior.com/customhockeygloves

Works for me. 

48 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

What does?

If I click on "CUSTOMIZE IT" under one of the gloves, I get directed to another page, where I can select colors option to see what the glove will look like with the customization.

6 hours ago, caveman27 said:

If I click on "CUSTOMIZE IT" under one of the gloves, I get directed to another page, where I can select colors option to see what the glove will look like with the customization.

Which doesn't address OP's question, at all.

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Which doesn't address OP's question, at all.

oh, I have no idea what the "real" Covert glove is compared to the Covert gloves they had. I saw the Pro Plus and assumed that was it.

Looks like they don't have G5 goalie stuff to customize due to corona virus pandemic.

@Marka what you need to do is find something that can generate 1.21 gigawatts of power for the flux capacitor so when we get the DeLorean up to 88 MPH we'll be able to travel back in time to when Warrior had their factory in Canada open and we could pretty much order whatever we wanted.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, the_game said:

@Marka what you need to do is find something that can generate 1.21 gigawatts of power for the flux capacitor so when we get the DeLorean up to 88 MPH we'll be able to travel back in time to when Warrior had their factory in Canada open and we could pretty much order whatever we wanted.

Maybe if you can capture the energy from a lightning bolt. Wait for a lightning storm in an area where you can hit 88 MPH without driving in traffic, maybe a mall parking lot.

• Haha 1