Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PetterErlandsson

Ask me anything about the Marsblade R1

Also got an email this morning stating the small and medium chassis should ship out to users at the end of August. Was hoping they’d arrive for a birthday present but a few weeks late ain’t bad 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sprungdownunder said:

Is everyone getting the shipping soon emails? I haven’t got one yet.

8 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I haven't received mine yet. I ordered the R1 Chassis (Large) on one of the last days of the original discounted price.

Spoke too soon haha: I got my shipping confirmation email early this morning (5:30 a.m. EST). 3-6 days via UPS.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 9:18 AM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Spoke too soon haha: I got my shipping confirmation email early this morning (5:30 a.m. EST). 3-6 days via UPS.

Package came in today just before 1:30 p.m. EST. Looking forward to using these one day (whenever I get back to playing) but now I search a pair of skates to mount them on. I encourage those who can to use the MSH ProShop. I've used it in the past and JR does top-notch work (no surprise there)! Looking forward to peoples' feedback and pictures on the R1.

IMG_6450.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

IMG_6452.JPG

IMG_6453.JPG

IMG_6454.JPG

IMG_6455.JPG

IMG_6456.JPG

IMG_6457.JPG

IMG_6458.JPG

• Like 2

UPS says mine will be in tomorrow. Can't wait. Hey @215BroadStBullies610 is the alloy blue or grey? Looks like a silver/grey from your pics, but I was under the impression it would be blue. If it's grey that would be awesome. If i like them I was planning on having the blue powder coated to grey or black, so that would save me some hassle if they're already grey.

31 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Is the alloy blue or grey? Looks like a silver/grey from your pics, but I was under the impression it would be blue. If it's grey that would be awesome. If i like them I was planning on having the blue powder coated to grey or black, so that would save me some hassle if they're already grey.

Definitely look like teal-ish green to me. Like you, I would have preferred they were a more neutral color like gray/silver or black. I’d love to see the outcome of powder coating or anodizing if you go through with it. I thought about that myself but was concerned the coating would offset tight tolerances the chassis may have. Unless you’re able to completely strip the blue coating 

10 minutes ago, Westside said:

Definitely look like teal-ish green to me. Like you, I would have preferred they were a more neutral color like gray/silver or black. I’d love to see the outcome of powder coating or anodizing if you go through with it. I thought about that myself but was concerned the coating would offset tight tolerances the chassis may have. Unless you’re able to completely strip the blue coating 

Yeah I'm pretty severely color blind, so I thought that was grey. I'm not very worried about the tolerances, the powder coater I use is pretty good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Westside said:

Are the left and right chassis now ‘left and right’ or are they both the same like with the O1? 

Based on how their designed, it definitely looks like they are foot specific.  

2 hours ago, Miller55 said:

UPS says mine will be in tomorrow. Can't wait. Hey @215BroadStBullies610 is the alloy blue or grey? Looks like a silver/grey from your pics, but I was under the impression it would be blue. If it's grey that would be awesome. If i like them I was planning on having the blue powder coated to grey or black, so that would save me some hassle if they're already grey.

Blue. The first photos that I took made them seem more teal-ish. They are the typical Marsblade-blue but with a metallic finish. My color balance settings aren't really dialed in on my camera but the photo below is much more closer to how they look like.

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

3 hours ago, Westside said:

Are the left and right chassis now ‘left and right’ or are they both the same like with the O1? 

3 hours ago, Westside said:

The O1 uppers are left and right specific and the lower half universal.

18 minutes ago, sturdy22 said:

The O1 uppers are left and right specific and the lower half universal.

You’re right. It was the lower part of the chassis that always threw me off

Now that the R1s and O1 are out there, what is everyone’s mpression on them and the differences?

Does the R1 use different bushings than the O1 to achieve more movement than the R1?
How much more movement do you feel in the O1 than the R1? 

5 hours ago, busdriver said:

Now that the R1s and O1 are out there, what is everyone’s mpression on them and the differences?

Does the R1 use different bushings than the O1 to achieve more movement than the R1?
How much more movement do you feel in the O1 than the R1? 

Simply put the 01 feels better to skate around & train with in the yard or on the street & has a more movement.

The R1 feels like a lowered sports car holds corners like your on train tracks & best used on a rink where you need that sort of performance.

The bushing system is a similar concept on both but the R1 uses the top & bottom Part chassis as the base for the rocker limits via inserts.

There is more movement in the O1 then in the R1 with the most rocker insert.

They definitely feel different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sprungdownunder said:

Simply put the 01 feels better to skate around & train with in the yard or on the street & has a more movement.

The R1 feels like a lowered sports car holds corners like your on train tracks & best used on a rink where you need that sort of performance.

The bushing system is a similar concept on both but the R1 uses the top & bottom Part chassis as the base for the rocker limits via inserts.

There is more movement in the O1 then in the R1 with the most rocker insert.

They definitely feel different.

How do the R1 compare to Sprungs?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miller55 said:

How do the R1 compare to Sprungs?

Very similar with the grip you get but I’d say slightly better.

i would also say that the R1’s perform better then sprungs, you get the best of both worlds, a rigid frame Hilo with a rocker.

The sprungs with all 80’s feel to tall & all 76 feel slower then the current trend of Hilo.
The other + over the sprungs is that the R1’s can handle the abuse they will get in game & as they age the plastic is not going to weaken & fatigue like the sprungs, I would say they would be as strong as any other rigid alloy chassis on the market.

Edited by Sprungdownunder