Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Flex rating for True sticks?

Anyone find they need to go up a flex with True sticks?  I have an XC9 75 flex and it seems whippy compared to all my other 76 sticks.  I want to try an A6.0sbp but wondering if I should grab an 85.

In contrast...my Warrior 75's feel like 85's🤣  CCM and Bauer seem to be in sync. 

Thanks all!

For me, Warrior feels 5-10 flex lighter than every thing else. I find True and Bauer to be similar to each other and CCM to feel slightly stiffer than Bauer/True.

Warrior feels stiffer than my trues. CCM seems about the same as my true if not just a touch stiffer.  I actually like how true feels softer vs other brands as I don't have to drop down to an intermediate flex and the fact they don't offer a 70 Sr. 

Bauer comes in 77 so it's not really a fair comparison. Kind of sucks it's not standardized across companies, but I realize kick point etc affects how whippy or stuff a stick feels vs how it plays. 

Oh Sher wood. Def is stiffer. 75 is def more like an 80-85

Edited by Sniper9

IMHO, Trues seem to play in the middle category in terms of flex (when comparing to other mid kick sticks at the same flex).  I find Bauer to be touch stiffer than True, CCM to be noticeably stiffer than True, and Easton to be whipper than True.  Can't speak for other brands.

To the OP.  I agree.  I typically play with the CCM Tacks line at 75 flex (cut to feel like 80 flex).  With my True XC9s, I have both 75 and 85 flex, and the 85 feels more similar to the CCM 75.  The 75 True is definitely whippier.

• Like 1

You said it!  I have no idea what flex I'm actually playing with cuz I start with a stock stick and cut down to between 59-61" (butt to toe on the ground), so who knows?????

3 hours ago, Jbear said:

You said it!  I have no idea what flex I'm actually playing with cuz I start with a stock stick and cut down to between 59-61" (butt to toe on the ground), so who knows?????

For me, I think of cutting stick and flex the way the True engineer describes it in this video. I find thinking of it in terms of leverage makes it simpler to compare sticks.

On 5/1/2020 at 5:57 PM, Jbear said:

Anyone find they need to go up a flex with True sticks?  I have an XC9 75 flex and it seems whippy compared to all my other 76 sticks.  I want to try an A6.0sbp but wondering if I should grab an 85.

In contrast...my Warrior 75's feel like 85's🤣  CCM and Bauer seem to be in sync. 

Thanks all!

Yes. I go up 10 (from 75 to 85) on the True 5.2 SBP vs. my CCM Tacks and Bauer Nexus which I prefer at 75/77. Speaking about all 3 at the same length. The Trues feel whipper to me, and I have a bunch of them. The 85 I find great, and I can switch between it and my CCM and Bauer 75 and 77 without any trouble.

colins

Edited by colins