Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SirJW

Return to NHL Season? Thread

Howdy,

This seems as good a place as any to ask my dumb escrow question...

Does an individual player ever need to owe more than the escrow amount for a season? Like if escrow is 10% for the current season, revenues fall during that season such that that is not enough to get back to 50/50, and a player retires at the end of the season (and their contract expires)... Does that specific player owe additional money beyond the 10% escrow that was withheld?  Or does the escrow 'balance due' roll forward to the next season and the players who are getting paid in the following season pay that?  Or something else?

Mark

3 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Only way to go! May have to get NHL.TV for the remainder of the season. Anyone know how much it will cost?

Good question. I assume they’ll do some sort of promo. I already have it as it’s the only way to watch games without TV service.

• Like 1

So, this is what things are going to look and sound like. To be honest, it's not too bad.

First thing I noticed watching the game on NHL.tv is the big Stanley Cup at centre ice instead of the Leafs logo which obviously makes sense. The second thing I noticed is that the advertisements on the boards are all US companies. It looks kind of strange. 

Huh, now they're all Canadian companies. That's a quick changeover and seems unnecessarily complex. But, I guess understandable they have to get all the sponsors in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Huh, now they're all Canadian companies. That's a quick changeover and seems unnecessarily complex. But, I guess understandable they have to get all the sponsors in. 

If you're talking about the board sponsors, they are CGI'ed in I believe.

14 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

My Flyers with a huge "pre-season" win haha. Just nice to have hockey on the tube again...

"Pre-playoff exhibition" game.

Of course, no one wanted to get injured during a pointless exhibition game so guys were playing the game dialed back. I'm sure things will get turned up during the playoffs.

Howdy,

17 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

That type of thing was pretty common pre-virus too.  I assume because they sold ad space on a per period basis?  I saw it a lot at Pens games.  Between periods, crew guys would come out and peel off stickers to reveal another sponsor underneath.

Anyone know for sure one way or the other if the players hear the piped in EA sports fan sounds?

Mark

Edited by marka

Howdy,

16 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

My Flyers with a huge "pre-season" win haha. Just nice to have hockey on the tube again...

LOL.

Hayes looked like a beast all night for you guys.  He owes Malkin a beer for that turnover at the end of the 1st though.  🙂

Mark

17 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

This will be interesting as home teams get most if not all the money from the board ads unless it's a national broadcast.  

3 hours ago, SirJW said:

This will be interesting as home teams get most if not all the money from the board ads unless it's a national broadcast.  

It's also interesting watching the caps-canes game that the ads on the dashers are split 50/50 between the 2 teams not just the home teams ads 

• Like 1

It was awesome just being able to flip the TV on and putz around the house and have hockey on all day long.  The way they have handled it is in stark contrast to what's going on in MLB right now.  Hopefully nobody finds a way to screw it up.

• Like 1