Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
caveman27

left hip issue

I've been trying to stay in shape the last couple of non-hockey weeks by jogging. Just about the time when my pinched nerve, right hand numbness issue went away, things started to bother my left hip, which tightened up my left quad muscles. That was in the middle of March. By the middle of April, I can hardly jog before it gets too painful. I've been doing walking as working out. I tried to jog yesterday. It was fine in the beginning but only lasted for .8 miles. I stopped and just walked. I saw an orthopaedic surgeon this week. He worked on my right hip over a year and a half ago. Arthroscopic surgery to clean up the worn areas. 

Anyway, I'm going to get a shot to see if that works. If not, then I'll be getting an MRI. This sucks. The shot will hurt because they need the needle to go in deep. And the MRI will suck too because they need to inject a dye in just like the shot and go in as deep, that's what they did with the right hip.

Do you do stretches after your run? I started jogging when isolation went into effect. For the first month, after each run, I realized I needed to do a nice stretch on everything in around the hips, especially the area right around my kidneys. I'd also take a nice hot shower or bath to keep things loose. If I didn't, things would become just a little more uncomfortable each time I ran.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, puckpilot said:

Do you do stretches after your run? I started jogging when isolation went into effect. For the first month, after each run, I realized I needed to do a nice stretch on everything in around the hips, especially the area right around my kidneys. I'd also take a nice hot shower or bath to keep things loose. If I didn't, things would become just a little more uncomfortable each time I ran.

I usually do, and foam rolling too.

Two days ago, I was able to jog over 2.5 miles, but I stopped to stretch four times. Before I started jogging, I walked for over a mile to warm up the muscles.