Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Blade + One Piece Stick Shaft?

I have a few sticks that I don't care for and they're not worth selling,  so...I figure they might be cool for trying out different blades.  Seems cheaper than buying a whole stick only to learn you hate the curve (like me and the P28).  So...what's the skinny as to what fits what?   If I chop the blade off of an Alpha QX or an FT2...can I just buy (for example) a True blade or an older wooden blade...fire up the heat gun and pop it in?  Is there more to it than that as far as compatibility? 

Thanks in advance for the Intel! 

2 hours ago, Jbear said:

I have a few sticks that I don't care for and they're not worth selling,  so...I figure they might be cool for trying out different blades.  Seems cheaper than buying a whole stick only to learn you hate the curve (like me and the P28).  So...what's the skinny as to what fits what?   If I chop the blade off of an Alpha QX or an FT2...can I just buy (for example) a True blade or an older wooden blade...fire up the heat gun and pop it in?  Is there more to it than that as far as compatibility? 

Thanks in advance for the Intel! 

If you've ever seen shaft + blade systems before one-piece sticks were made, the blade piece has to have a hosel as its stick-side end that can fit into the bottom of the shaft. Not sure if that's possible or not. I've never cut into the bottom of a 1-piece stick to find out. If you have carpentry tools, it's possible to experiment.

Edited by caveman27

Thanks for the response.   Yeah...in the early 90's I had some...T-flex, Koho Revolution, and a Synergy in which the blade broke and I put various blades on them.   

I'm just not familiar with how these one-piece sticks are put together. A lot of them taper but they're not standardized. 

Be interesting to see how a low-kick shoots upside down. 

Looks like the bottom line is...just not worth the effort.  I thought maybe you could just cut and insert, but...I'm not seeing that's the case.  i did it on a Synergy years ago, but those aren't true one-piece sticks like the current ones.

Unless I'm not reading things correctly.

Thanks folks...saved me some $ and wasted time!

Yeah, this used to be way more doable. I feel like Warrior sticks were especially easy. Most sticks you could see the fuse line where the blade was attached, and it was just covered by graphics. 

Probably still something you could do, but you’d have to dremmel out material in the shaft to make room for the hossel. 

But, now is the time if you want to take on time intensive projects with no big upside. 😃