Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
eastside

2020 Inline Hockey Indoor Wheels Poll

Vote for your "go to" INDOOR wheel, ones you are currently using or would Recommend  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Everyone, was just having a discussion on Indoor wheels the last couple of weeks and there is a lot on the market out there.  Many wheels will suit different types of skaters depending on their size/weight etc, and with prices going up i just wanted to get a gauge on what your go to wheels are out there.  Addictions seem to be king but Konixx doesn't seem that far behind now.  Have most of the top ends listed but let me know if i've missed any.   Would be great to get your vote,  Feel free to vote away!

Edited by eastside
spelling

I've only used a couple of indoor wheels but the Konixx Pure (+2) wheels are my favorite ones thus far. I'm currently using them and look forward to using the Pure X's when the time comes to replacing my current wheels.

• Like 3

I have used a lot of different indoor wheels over the years and Konixx Pure +2 are by far my favourites. They're fast, durable and grip well. I haven't tried the new Pure X yet, but look forward to doing so in the future.

• Like 4

All aboard! Jumping on the konixx pure train here. I’ve owned a number of other wheels, mostly labeda, and their performance is better then all those. Also very noteable, they do not crack for me anywhere near as easy as other wheels have, so they’ve lasted longer. 

• Like 5

On 5/29/2020 at 8:25 AM, Wicked3Aussie said:

Konixx pure white for me.

I have pure X and they’re more durable and have better grip but they just feel like they bog down.

Are you using the hardest durometer in both or do you have the option of going from say a +1 in the OG to a +2 in the X?

On 6/2/2020 at 3:14 AM, althoma1 said:

Are you using the hardest durometer in both or do you have the option of going from say a +1 in the OG to a +2 in the X?

+2 for both.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 8:25 AM, Wicked3Aussie said:

Konixx pure white for me.

I have pure X and they’re more durable and have better grip but they just feel like they bog down.

Hmm. That's not good to hear haha. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Hmm. That's not good to hear haha. 

Yeah I know.

They have everything that should make them a fantastic wheel but they miss the mark compared to the OG.

They’re unfortunately a noticeably slower wheel.

Edited by Wicked3Aussie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

You left out the high end RR wheels, Identity, hornets, hot shots. I used to use 79a Identity and they were sick. Found them to be too slick for painted cement though.

Waiting on an order of Konixx Pures +2 right now, we'll see how they hold up

Bumping this topic with an update.

I have to disagree that the Pure-X are slower. I found them to be even a bit harder than the Pures. Durability on both is no contest, I used a set of pure + 2 from I think August until recently and I'm actually still using them on my outdoor skates when I practice or play pickup. Im usually lucky if I get a 10 game season out of a set of wheels and I think I got 5 seasons.

Swapped some Pure-X on my indoor skates and they took about 2ish games to break in and they are amazing. Naturally the same wheel, my rink is super dusty so the grip is pretty good but it's not the best rink to test these on. Relatively speaking they are really nice and I had no issue feeling bogged down. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 2:38 AM, Miller55 said:

Bumping this topic with an update.

I have to disagree that the Pure-X are slower. I found them to be even a bit harder than the Pures. Durability on both is no contest, I used a set of pure + 2 from I think August until recently and I'm actually still using them on my outdoor skates when I practice or play pickup. Im usually lucky if I get a 10 game season out of a set of wheels and I think I got 5 seasons.

Swapped some Pure-X on my indoor skates and they took about 2ish games to break in and they are amazing. Naturally the same wheel, my rink is super dusty so the grip is pretty good but it's not the best rink to test these on. Relatively speaking they are really nice and I had no issue feeling bogged down. 

I’ve reused mine a couple of times since but they’re just way to slow.

The kids at my local have came to the same conclusion and have all moved back to rink rat since the OG Pure’s no longer available.

Since this post I moved onto MPC Freestyle Dual pour wheels which are significantly faster, durable and grippier than either version of the Pure.

56 minutes ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

I’ve reused mine a couple of times since but they’re just way to slow.

The kids at my local have came to the same conclusion and have all moved back to rink rat since the OG Pure’s no longer available.

Since this post I moved onto MPC Freestyle Dual pour wheels which are significantly faster, durable and grippier than either version of the Pure.

Idk, I spoke with Nick Boyarsky about this and he says that they are literally the identical formula, but stores were complaining about the discoloration so they used a blue dye to prevent that. He says they tested a bit harder and that was enough to convince me to try a set. I used them on sprungs and, theoretically at least, that should make them feel even slower than a fixed frame, but it didn't.

I have about 4 games on them, so I'll definitely keep a lookout, but so far they're definitely not worse.

I like them better than addictions and revision, the grip is better than tricksters. Whenever these go I'll try a set of the newest identities and compare them. Not sure if I can get mpc freestyles here, but they sound good.

What surface do you play on? I tested all this on sport court

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Idk, I spoke with Nick Boyarsky about this and he says that they are literally the identical formula, but stores were complaining about the discoloration so they used a blue dye to prevent that. He says they tested a bit harder and that was enough to convince me to try a set. I used them on sprungs and, theoretically at least, that should make them feel even slower than a fixed frame, but it didn't.

I have about 4 games on them, so I'll definitely keep a lookout, but so far they're definitely not worse.

I like them better than addictions and revision, the grip is better than tricksters. Whenever these go I'll try a set of the newest identities and compare them. Not sure if I can get mpc freestyles here, but they sound good.

What surface do you play on? I tested all this on sport court

This is the insight video where Nick from Konixx claims that Pure-x is a completely new formula with the new formula made specifically for this wheel.

You can tell from feel though that there’s a difference, I experienced better grip, longevity but with doughiness (They remind me of the recent 82a World Cup)

I play on smooth concrete and wood.

Due to border closures unable to test MPCs on tiles, with that said they work just as well on concrete and wood, usually I have one set for each.

I Don’t mind the tricksters and have used the revisions that came on both my 1XRs.

They’re both useless on the wood but work okay on the concrete.

I keep all those as a back up.

Addictions I haven’t bothered with since my CA9 RPDs, not a fan of the narrow profile and to me the quality dropped from the initial release when they were considered the best wheel on the market.

I mean, there's IW marketing, and then there is someone you know personally telling you that it is the identical formula the only difference being the blue dye and anything that had to be tweaked to offset the dye, which was minor. I also play with a bunch of guys on the Konixx factory team and we all agree on this. 

I can see how they would be slower on wood depending on the coating, but I don't get how they're doughy on concrete. 

I'm not sure how you're getting this, maybe weather conditions. Here is very dry. But I can assure you, I definitely am quick to complain (as people here have probably already figured out) and am pretty critical if I don't like something, but I have no complaints with these so far

Edited by Miller55

42 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

I mean, there's IW marketing, and then there is someone you know personally telling you that it is the identical formula the only difference being the blue dye and anything that had to be tweaked to offset the dye, which was minor. I also play with a bunch of guys on the Konixx factory team and we all agree on this. 

I can see how they would be slower on wood depending on the coating, but I don't get how they're doughy on concrete. 

I'm not sure how you're getting this, maybe weather conditions. Here is very dry. But I can assure you, I definitely am quick to complain (as people here have probably already figured out) and am pretty critical if I don't like something, but I have no complaints with these so far

That’s not IW marketing though, that’s him specifically saying that they used a new formula with intention of replicating the feel of the originals while increasing durability and grip.

He goes on to claim that they are more rigid and that the rigidity is going to give more speed and give that stiffer wheel feel without having that stiffer wheel traction if you’re not heavy enough you wouldn’t get enough of.

Exactly my point, I’m a heavier guy that is still one of the fastest at the rink and this particular change has made the newer wheel much slower under my weight/power.

My acceleration is a big part of my game.

If anything they’re quicker on the wood.

the downside to that surface is it is harder on wheels than tiles or concrete.

Man I’m the first to complain as well, particularly if my outright pace is effected and these wheels just don’t perform as well for me.

The only other anecdotal evidence I can offer is everyone on the white pures at the rink have moved back to rink rat for the same reason.

I hear you, idk. I'm not going to post my emails with Nick and I obviously can't prove face to face conversations, but I promise you that he promised me that the real reason for the change was that the white Pures got discolored from the fluorescent store lighting and the only reason that the Pure-X exist is because stores threatened to stop carrying their wheels ifthey didn't fix it, so they made them blue and only adjusted it to try to get it the same as the ogs.

The only explanation is that a lot of stores still had stock of the Pures and I guess those wouldn't sell if they came out and said the ogs are defective and these are the same with some blue dye. Doesn't really look good. Everyone wants to show innovation. So I do still think it's marketing.

For the record, in also a big guy at 6'1" and at least 200 lbs (haven't been on a scale in a long time, but I don't think I went down lol)

16 hours ago, Miller55 said:

I hear you, idk. I'm not going to post my emails with Nick and I obviously can't prove face to face conversations, but I promise you that he promised me that the real reason for the change was that the white Pures got discolored from the fluorescent store lighting and the only reason that the Pure-X exist is because stores threatened to stop carrying their wheels ifthey didn't fix it, so they made them blue and only adjusted it to try to get it the same as the ogs.

The only explanation is that a lot of stores still had stock of the Pures and I guess those wouldn't sell if they came out and said the ogs are defective and these are the same with some blue dye. Doesn't really look good. Everyone wants to show innovation. So I do still think it's marketing.

For the record, in also a big guy at 6'1" and at least 200 lbs (haven't been on a scale in a long time, but I don't think I went down lol)

I appreciate your promises and experiences with Nick but honestly they’re irrelevant.

They aren’t paid marketing, if anything it’s discrediting him as he’s clearly said one thing in that insight video which I believe correlates with what I’m feeling from these wheels or the complete opposite to you in private.

No disrespect but he could’ve just told you what you wanted to hear with these wheels, obviously not being there I don’t know the context of the conversations.

Im happy to agree to disagree but I’m standing by my experience that they’re a slower wheel due to the differences mentioned by Nick in that video.

To be honest this is probably the most exciting topic in here in a while. lol

I mean, what Nick says it's kinda whatever. My point is that i did not experience the same feeling that you did. Obviously we can disagree, my point being that if someone comes here and reads this thread, they should know that there are different opinions.

In my case, I read your post, wrote the Pure-X off as a bust and didn't bother with them until Nick convinced me to give them a try. The only reason I mentioned Nick is because he convinced me to give them a shot. Once I did I have to say from my own experience that I didn't have the same issue you did.

(Obviously this is sales, but he said if I don't like them to give them back and he'll give me a set of pure +2s from his personal stock, so I really had nothing to lose and nothing to gain here).

Anyway, point is, regardless of Nick, I did not have the issue you described with the Pure-X. 

PS- I agree, it's nice to get a little action here on the roller board

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 1

Sorry to bring back an older topic but wanted to see what some of the current sentiments are with indoor wheels for sports court.  I like the Addictions that originally came on my Mission Inhalers but I only got about 4-5 months out of them (I'm 170-175lbs, playing once to twice per week) before they started to split and lose a lot of grip.  Currently trying the Pure-X at +0 and just seem to be slipping a lot and not stopping as quickly as I'm used to.  Had them on for about 3-4 weeks so far so I'm not sure if there's a "break-in period" or what.  I'm not sure if I should go back to the Addictions, give these a longer look, or try something else.  Hate to shell out ~$120 every 4-5 months for new wheels so kinda looking for the best mix of performance and durability.  I'm not sure if I found that with Konixx and just need to get used to them or maybe there are better options.  Open to trying new wheels!  Thanks! 

I like Konixx, but I too have been having a lot of issues with grip lately. Lot of sliding. I'm on +2 (I weigh 200lbs) and am considering going to +1 to see if maybe that will help my grip. At this point I don't even mind losing the speed from going softer, because i can barely cut without sliding. You might also want to try Rink Rat Identity 76a. That's probably what I'll do if the +1 doesn't work for me. But regarding your Addictions, I think 4-5 months is pretty good for those. I've seen them chunk and split much faster than that

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I feel the same way about speed and cutting. I’d rather be able to be a little more nimble than have a better top speed at this point in my game. I think I’m going to stick with the Konixx for a few more weeks, see if maybe I can adjust. If I’m still not satisfied I might try the Identity 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 2:05 PM, Miller55 said:

I like Konixx, but I too have been having a lot of issues with grip lately. Lot of sliding. I'm on +2 (I weigh 200lbs) and am considering going to +1 to see if maybe that will help my grip. At this point I don't even mind losing the speed from going softer, because i can barely cut without sliding. You might also want to try Rink Rat Identity 76a. That's probably what I'll do if the +1 doesn't work for me. But regarding your Addictions, I think 4-5 months is pretty good for those. I've seen them chunk and split much faster than that

Making me nervous man haha. Just bought the +2 and I weigh around 215 lbs. The OG Pures were fantastic but maybe success doesn't repeat itself in this case?

• Thanks 1

I wonder if some different factors are playing a role for me too. I’ve used mine in mostly cold or cooler weather so far, maybe the wheels are a little harder as a result and making me slip more. I’m probably over thinking it 😅