Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
eastside

2020 Inline Hockey Indoor Wheels Poll

Vote for your "go to" INDOOR wheel, ones you are currently using or would Recommend  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/13/2021 at 12:16 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Making me nervous man haha. Just bought the +2 and I weigh around 215 lbs. The OG Pures were fantastic but maybe success doesn't repeat itself in this case?

That’s what I found, I hated the Pure-X in comparison.

I use MPC Freestyle dual pours as I’ve previously mentioned in this thread, they’re great for me and my last set lasted around 8 or 9 months.

I also have Rink Rat Tricksters, they’ve been the go to wheel for most people over here.

Tricksters use Magic Speed Urethane like the MPC Freestyles but come in XXX, XX or X.

I have XXX and X Tricksters, the XXX are one of my favourites on slipperier rinks.

On 5/12/2021 at 7:16 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Making me nervous man haha. Just bought the +2 and I weigh around 215 lbs. The OG Pures were fantastic but maybe success doesn't repeat itself in this case?

I'm in the og Pures +2 currently. They were nice for a while, and then I used them to play on smooth cement outside and they never really worked right again on tile, so I put on a new pair of of Pures and they're just not doing great. Cuts are not terrible, but when I try to stop I slide a good few feet. I have a set of Pure-X +2 that I tried out a few times and they were alright too. 

3 hours ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

That’s what I found, I hated the Pure-X in comparison.

I use MPC Freestyle dual pours as I’ve previously mentioned in this thread, they’re great for me and my last set lasted around 8 or 9 months.

I also have Rink Rat Tricksters, they’ve been the go to wheel for most people over here.

Tricksters use Magic Speed Urethane like the MPC Freestyles but come in XXX, XX or X.

I have XXX and X Tricksters, the XXX are one of my favourites on slipperier rinks.

Can I ask your weight? I've considered tricksters in the XX grip, which I believe is 76a, but I'm over 200lbs, so...

3 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Can I ask your weight? I've considered tricksters in the XX grip, which I believe is 76a, but I'm over 200lbs, so...

Sure, I’m 6ft 1 and 227lbs.

I usually stick with harder wheels preferably 84-85a (I’ve just ordered the new Konixx Outdoor dual pour 85a wheels).

I use the XXX tricksters at one rink as its low grip and having a edge and stopping grip are more of a need than outright pace.

Everywhere else I use the MPC 85a or the X grip tricksters.

I also have 78a revision recoils that are pretty neat too, they’re a great wheel for what they are.

Edited by Wicked3Aussie
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 2:52 PM, Miller55 said:

The 76s's are XXX.  XX is harder than 76 - 78, maybe?   They don't make a 74a grip in that wheel. 

On 5/16/2021 at 2:50 PM, Miller55 said:

I'm in the og Pures +2 currently. They were nice for a while, and then I used them to play on smooth cement outside and they never really worked right again on tile, so I put on a new pair of of Pures and they're just not doing great. Cuts are not terrible, but when I try to stop I slide a good few feet. I have a set of Pure-X +2 that I tried out a few times and they were alright too. 

I would agree. I've been using the Pure-X (+2) since I came back to hockey back in May (2021). The OG Pures just felt better. Kinda tough to explain but the Pure-X wheels to have more drag. Wish I could've found more OG Pures haha.

13 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I would agree. I've been using the Pure-X (+2) since I came back to hockey back in May (2021). The OG Pures just felt better. Kinda tough to explain but the Pure-X wheels to have more drag. Wish I could've found more OG Pures haha.

I grabbed a pair of Rink Rat Identities and in finding them to be amazing as well. Expensive. I was running them straight across for a bit, and now I have those in the middle and pures on the front and rear wheels and it's a great setup

49 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

I grabbed a pair of Rink Rat Identities and in finding them to be amazing as well. Expensive. I was running them straight across for a bit, and now I have those in the middle and pures on the front and rear wheels and it's a great setup

I've never used Rink Rat before. It may be worth a shot. I don't like spending money if I don't have to but us gear nerds can't put a price on equipment that works better IMO haha.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:13 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I've never used Rink Rat before. It may be worth a shot. I don't like spending money if I don't have to but us gear nerds can't put a price on equipment that works better IMO haha.

Agree, I won a set of the RRs at my local rink for some 3v3 tourney that they held for fun, and now I can't find a set online cuz they're sold out lol. I stocked up on pures when they went on sale and I'm glad I did. Still have 3 sets left of +2, but I recently list about 30lbs 

On 9/11/2021 at 5:14 AM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I made this point a while ago in this thread, the Pure X just don’t cut the mustard compared to the OG pures.

On 9/14/2021 at 12:33 PM, Wicked3Aussie said:

I made this point a while ago in this thread, the Pure X just don’t cut the mustard compared to the OG pures.

Yea, I remember you mentioned it back then. I've been able to confirm that now that I've been back to hockey since May haha.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 12:47 AM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Yea, I remember you mentioned it back then. I've been able to confirm that now that I've been back to hockey since May haha.

I had a chance to try their 85A Pure X street wheels as well and more of the same.

I like that they’re coming out with the options but yeah they’re just not for me going forward.

3 hours ago, johnp647 said:

just my 2 cents ive used alot of different wheels over my time playing roller konixx pure x +2 in my opinion are hands down the best  

They bogged down for me compared to the originals.

Definitely better grip and lasted longer compared to the originals but felt like being in quicksand by comparison.

Pure X we’re closer in feel to the recent 82a rink rat World Cup wheel 

I didn’t have any bog down affect. I know what you mean tho. I’ve had that feeling with other wheels in the passed. I’m 6’2 230. I’m a bigger guy. I’m hard on wheels. To me they were just as fast as addictions with double the grip. 

• Like 1

Bumping this up - I got a set of the new rink rat identity wheels, and am having an issue (and wondering if others are, too.)

The graphic on the outside of the wheels is screen printed (or whatever method it is) on to the wheel, and goes pretty close to the edge of the wheel. I found myself sliding and falling during cross overs and cross under in my last game using them, as the angle of the contact patch when doing this puts more contact on the flatter part of the wheel. 

Anyone else having this issue? I contacted RR and they said the screen print would eventually come off, but I'm not happy that I'm going to have to be conscious of my skating technique now. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 1:44 PM, JSchultz said:

Bumping this up - I got a set of the new rink rat identity wheels, and am having an issue (and wondering if others are, too.)

The graphic on the outside of the wheels is screen printed (or whatever method it is) on to the wheel, and goes pretty close to the edge of the wheel. I found myself sliding and falling during cross overs and cross under in my last game using them, as the angle of the contact patch when doing this puts more contact on the flatter part of the wheel. 

Anyone else having this issue? I contacted RR and they said the screen print would eventually come off, but I'm not happy that I'm going to have to be conscious of my skating technique now. 

I’ve had the same problem, a few other buddies of mine also experiences this. It does wear off, eventually, but it’s annoying until it does. I tried to expedite the process by using clear packing tape to trying to pull off any loose screen print. 

They seem to grip pretty good once you get past the “break-in” phase. I had been using the Trickster wheels before this but got these when they had a sale on the website. I’ll honestly probably go back to the Tricksters when it’s time for new wheels. I feel like these bog down a bit more for whatever reason, it could be any number of variables though. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 5:44 AM, JSchultz said:

I've found that the original 1st gen (post covid) red identities/tricksters didn't have this problem and printing was pretty durable and would wear like any other wheel.  For the second current gen (which actually increased in cost) i've had players tell me that the printing just peels off and witnessed one guy use his nail to get rid of it all as the printing was falling apart.  Wheels still perform fine, but maybe there was a change in the printing technique or the ink that they used.   I've used the red identities and were well worth it, recommend grabbing those if found on sale.  Haven't tried the current green version but is interesting you bring this up and will keep an eye out if anyone else has the same problem.

On 4/16/2023 at 7:46 AM, JCon said:

I’ve had the same problem, a few other buddies of mine also experiences this. It does wear off, eventually, but it’s annoying until it does. I tried to expedite the process by using clear packing tape to trying to pull off any loose screen print. 

They seem to grip pretty good once you get past the “break-in” phase. I had been using the Trickster wheels before this but got these when they had a sale on the website. I’ll honestly probably go back to the Tricksters when it’s time for new wheels. I feel like these bog down a bit more for whatever reason, it could be any number of variables though. 

That’s a shame you’ve had that problem.

I have a set of the red ones as well and never had that issue.

Regarding the bog down effect it could mean you need a harder wheel.

When comparing to a Trickster of identical durometer the Trickster will theoretically be firmer under load.

A trickster being single pour will be more rigid versus the dual pour identity, the additional flex of the inner layer on the identity is flexing under your weight and may not be rebounding to your preference, hence you may need a harder wheel.

It was similar back in the day with Hornets V Hotshots when the difference between the wheels was 1mm larger inner layer on the hornet creating more rebound. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

That’s a shame you’ve had that problem.

I have a set of the red ones as well and never had that issue.

Regarding the bog down effect it could mean you need a harder wheel.

When comparing to a Trickster of identical durometer the Trickster will theoretically be firmer under load.

A trickster being single pour will be more rigid versus the dual pour identity, the additional flex of the inner layer on the identity is flexing under your weight and may not be rebounding to your preference, hence you may need a harder wheel.

It was similar back in the day with Hornets V Hotshots when the difference between the wheels was 1mm larger inner layer on the hornet creating more rebound. 

This is great insight. I never really looked into what the difference was and how different pours would effect the feel of a wheel, I always went off of what they felt like skating and kind of assumed that durometer was durometer.  If I do try the identities again I’ll get a harder wheel and see how it feels. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JCon said:

This is great insight. I never really looked into what the difference was and how different pours would effect the feel of a wheel, I always went off of what they felt like skating and kind of assumed that durometer was durometer.  If I do try the identities again I’ll get a harder wheel and see how it feels. 

Thank you!

No problem bro, happy to help!

I've tried labeda addiction and rink rat identity (the new green ones) both at 76a (XXX for rink rat). The labeda's seemed to have better grip but less durability. They started to crack and split much faster than the identity. Addictions felt easier to tight turn/crossover but identitys feel faster. 

The identity wheels slipped when they were new when making crossovers as above, but did go away after you break them in. I am thinking about trying trickster next based on the above posts. I'll follow up then. 

On 5/25/2023 at 9:15 AM, tony said:

I've tried labeda addiction and rink rat identity (the new green ones) both at 76a (XXX for rink rat). The labeda's seemed to have better grip but less durability. They started to crack and split much faster than the identity. Addictions felt easier to tight turn/crossover but identitys feel faster. 

The identity wheels slipped when they were new when making crossovers as above, but did go away after you break them in. I am thinking about trying trickster next based on the above posts. I'll follow up then. 

What type of surface was your rink?

It sounds like it may have been tiles.

Funny how people are saying they're going back to Tricksters instead of the new identity wheels, as that is what I came from...I am def going back to the tricksters as well, as those seemed to last for ages - was really happy with the durability/grip on those. 

For those with the green identities, how long did it take to 'break off' that screen printing? I posted my concerns back in April after using for one game, and I was so upset, I switched out for a pair of Revisions I had. After using the Revisions for a few months and wearing those out, I had to switch back to the identities - and of course, slipped a ton in back to back games. That's 3 games in on these now, so hoping I don't have too much longer.

Rink Rat have just released new Identitys with less of a print, which should address the issue of the screenprint on one side.  Wheels and specs look exactly identical, so i would imagine going for the newer version over the old.