Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
eastside

2020 Inline Hockey Indoor Wheels Poll

Vote for your "go to" INDOOR wheel, ones you are currently using or would Recommend  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/13/2021 at 12:16 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Making me nervous man haha. Just bought the +2 and I weigh around 215 lbs. The OG Pures were fantastic but maybe success doesn't repeat itself in this case?

That’s what I found, I hated the Pure-X in comparison.

I use MPC Freestyle dual pours as I’ve previously mentioned in this thread, they’re great for me and my last set lasted around 8 or 9 months.

I also have Rink Rat Tricksters, they’ve been the go to wheel for most people over here.

Tricksters use Magic Speed Urethane like the MPC Freestyles but come in XXX, XX or X.

I have XXX and X Tricksters, the XXX are one of my favourites on slipperier rinks.

On 5/12/2021 at 7:16 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Making me nervous man haha. Just bought the +2 and I weigh around 215 lbs. The OG Pures were fantastic but maybe success doesn't repeat itself in this case?

I'm in the og Pures +2 currently. They were nice for a while, and then I used them to play on smooth cement outside and they never really worked right again on tile, so I put on a new pair of of Pures and they're just not doing great. Cuts are not terrible, but when I try to stop I slide a good few feet. I have a set of Pure-X +2 that I tried out a few times and they were alright too. 

3 hours ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

That’s what I found, I hated the Pure-X in comparison.

I use MPC Freestyle dual pours as I’ve previously mentioned in this thread, they’re great for me and my last set lasted around 8 or 9 months.

I also have Rink Rat Tricksters, they’ve been the go to wheel for most people over here.

Tricksters use Magic Speed Urethane like the MPC Freestyles but come in XXX, XX or X.

I have XXX and X Tricksters, the XXX are one of my favourites on slipperier rinks.

Can I ask your weight? I've considered tricksters in the XX grip, which I believe is 76a, but I'm over 200lbs, so...

3 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Can I ask your weight? I've considered tricksters in the XX grip, which I believe is 76a, but I'm over 200lbs, so...

Sure, I’m 6ft 1 and 227lbs.

I usually stick with harder wheels preferably 84-85a (I’ve just ordered the new Konixx Outdoor dual pour 85a wheels).

I use the XXX tricksters at one rink as its low grip and having a edge and stopping grip are more of a need than outright pace.

Everywhere else I use the MPC 85a or the X grip tricksters.

I also have 78a revision recoils that are pretty neat too, they’re a great wheel for what they are.

Edited by Wicked3Aussie
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 2:52 PM, Miller55 said:

The 76s's are XXX.  XX is harder than 76 - 78, maybe?   They don't make a 74a grip in that wheel. 

On 5/16/2021 at 2:50 PM, Miller55 said:

I'm in the og Pures +2 currently. They were nice for a while, and then I used them to play on smooth cement outside and they never really worked right again on tile, so I put on a new pair of of Pures and they're just not doing great. Cuts are not terrible, but when I try to stop I slide a good few feet. I have a set of Pure-X +2 that I tried out a few times and they were alright too. 

I would agree. I've been using the Pure-X (+2) since I came back to hockey back in May (2021). The OG Pures just felt better. Kinda tough to explain but the Pure-X wheels to have more drag. Wish I could've found more OG Pures haha.

13 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I would agree. I've been using the Pure-X (+2) since I came back to hockey back in May (2021). The OG Pures just felt better. Kinda tough to explain but the Pure-X wheels to have more drag. Wish I could've found more OG Pures haha.

I grabbed a pair of Rink Rat Identities and in finding them to be amazing as well. Expensive. I was running them straight across for a bit, and now I have those in the middle and pures on the front and rear wheels and it's a great setup

49 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

I grabbed a pair of Rink Rat Identities and in finding them to be amazing as well. Expensive. I was running them straight across for a bit, and now I have those in the middle and pures on the front and rear wheels and it's a great setup

I've never used Rink Rat before. It may be worth a shot. I don't like spending money if I don't have to but us gear nerds can't put a price on equipment that works better IMO haha.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:13 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I've never used Rink Rat before. It may be worth a shot. I don't like spending money if I don't have to but us gear nerds can't put a price on equipment that works better IMO haha.

Agree, I won a set of the RRs at my local rink for some 3v3 tourney that they held for fun, and now I can't find a set online cuz they're sold out lol. I stocked up on pures when they went on sale and I'm glad I did. Still have 3 sets left of +2, but I recently list about 30lbs 

On 9/11/2021 at 5:14 AM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I made this point a while ago in this thread, the Pure X just don’t cut the mustard compared to the OG pures.

On 9/14/2021 at 12:33 PM, Wicked3Aussie said:

I made this point a while ago in this thread, the Pure X just don’t cut the mustard compared to the OG pures.

Yea, I remember you mentioned it back then. I've been able to confirm that now that I've been back to hockey since May haha.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 12:47 AM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Yea, I remember you mentioned it back then. I've been able to confirm that now that I've been back to hockey since May haha.

I had a chance to try their 85A Pure X street wheels as well and more of the same.

I like that they’re coming out with the options but yeah they’re just not for me going forward.