Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
caveman27

your fitness level

So, I played my last game in mid-March before the rink closed due to corona virus stuff.

I've been trying to keep in shape and not gain weight, but I was gaining weight in April. Now, I've lost that weight and then some and am trying to lose more weight. I'm exercising in my neighborhood, walking and jogging, and doing body lifting exercises like pull-ups at the local playground. Probably one thing I need to do is sprinting, or sprint work outs. I am hoping the rinks might open in July. 

Have you gained weight or gotten out of shape or are you staying in shape?

Howdy,

I've gained probably 3 lbs or so since the stoppage.  And I would assume that I've also lost leg strength / conditioning.

Sporadically been working out.  Haven't done much lately because I dorked up something in my back a bit, but lately its been feeling better so I should be able to get back to it.  I was trying to either use our rower for 40 minutes or do some shooting/stick handling every day.  I did pickup a heart monitor for when I use the rower and started wearing it when stick handling / shooting... I was pretty surprised to see my heart rate up in my max zone when I was shooting pucks!

Mark

Have a basic set of workouts I can do with my limited dumbbells, but I need to start doing some running.  My son found his sisters old rollerblades, maybe I should put mine on and race him around.

As soon as hockey stopped, I started to run every other day. I now do 4 days a week for about 2.5 miles up and down hills around my area. Sometimes it’s a constant pace run with no stops. Other times, it’s an interval training run where I run full tilt up the hills, walk over to the next street or lane and jog down. 

On the days I’m not running, I might do a little time in the slideboard if I’m feeling good and I do some stickhandling with a few limited shots. My set up isn’t really set up for shooting. 

Cardio-wise, I’m probably in the best shape I’ve been since I was in high school. Weightwise, I’m down about 3-5 lbs. I’ve been kind of seesawing with that. I wanted to lose about 10lbs. But wondering if some of what’s happening is that I’ve gained some muscle.  

In terms of eating, I’m eating better. It’s been easier simplifying my diet since I’m cooking everything myself now. Less salt. More salad. I’ve also been doing some 12-16 hr fasting. 

• Like 1

Recently got a pup so walk her twice a day, it means I clock up around 8km's per day but still putting it on, waistline has gone out at least 3cm's, gulp. As I hate running I need to get back on the ice, nothing like 1/2 an hour of 1v1 battles to get the fitness back up.