Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Helmet Profiles Question.

Might be a strange question but...which helmets have the smallest profiles?  I have a small head, and I feel like Marvin Martian or a kid trying on dad's gear.  Helmets look huge on me.

I'm wearing medium Tacks Resistance and 710's...comfortable...protective,  but...

Any thoughts.  I certainly don't have to fix this "problem," but...it wouldn't bother me if I did. 

Thanks folks!

Edited by Jbear

1 hour ago, Jbear said:

Might be a strange question but...which helmets have the smallest profiles?  I have a small head, and I feel like Marvin Martian or a kid trying on dad's gear.  Helmets look huge on me.

I'm wearing medium Tacks Resistance and 710's...comfortable...protective,  but...

Any thoughts.  I certainly don't have to fix this "problem," but...it wouldn't bother me if I did. 

Thanks folks!

Bauer 4500 is for narrower fit.

12 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Doesn’t matter, if it doesn’t fit then it doesn’t protect you. You can’t see it when you’re wearing it.

You are 100%...but...I'm used to skating 6x week...I have nothing to do but ask (sometimes) meaningless question and watch 70's playoff games on YouTube 🤣

Fit is fine...just wondering if there are any with less outer bulk...and that's all...just wondering. It's like if I was hanging out with hockey people at a bar, and turned to someone and said, "Hey, whaddaythink aboot...?"

Anyway...watched the Isles v Flyers game 6 from '75 last night. Probably the first game I ever saw as a kid! What a trip!

Edited by Jbear

From what I can tell, V08's and 4500's seem to have the lowest profiles to them, prob has something to do with them having much less "tech" in them so less padding (that's my guess).  I've worn V08's for years and 4500's back in the late 90's/early 00's and they just fit me right (V08's are narrow and oval compared to others I've tried so they fit my head best).  I've tried (and own) an IMS 9.0 but I hardly ever wear it for 2 reasons... first, it's just not that comfortable during the course of a game, and second, it looks huge compared to what I'm used to (yes we're all vain like that).