Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Will Lemmink

Best Roller Hockey Game Puck?| IDS Proshot, Rocket Puck, Bauer Slivvver puck?

Just now, JSchultz said:

I noticed you mentioned sports plus and MIHA in your vid too - are you on a local Cincinnati team? 

Yup, I usually play Sundays and the Tuesday pick up. I’ve played for both lakeside storm and kings in MIHA. You play in cincy as well or just miha?

Just now, Will Lemmink said:

Yup, I usually play Sundays and the Tuesday pick up. I’ve played for both lakeside storm and kings in MIHA. You play in cincy as well or just miha?

I'm not from the area - we played for the MIHA tourney just as COVID took hold in March. I'm with the Detroit Knights (and it looks like another dude on this thread is as well, small world!)

Are the Kings based out of Cincinnati? For some reason I thought they were from Columbus or Cleveland. 

On 6/8/2020 at 11:48 PM, Vet88 said:

A few years ago we went to the worlds IIHF tournament in Germany and they dropped the "new" Bauer pucks on us (the IIHF tournament I was at before this they used IDS). It was a nightmare, every team hated them but Bauer had paid bucks for them to be used so we had to suck it up. We brought back 2 boxes of pucks and still have them sitting in the office, no one wants to use them lol.

I'd be interested in taking a few if they aren't being used.

• Haha 1

I'm a big fan of the verbero aeropuck. I still have about a dozen of them. Used to use them for drop in or pickup games. Lot of guys wanted to use ids or rocket pucks, but once they used the verbero everyone wanted to keep using it. I don't use them outdoors though because the little nubs get shredded. Pro pucks are also good, with flatter pads. 

• Like 1

Never used the Verbero puck. Have a few ids and rocket pucks, a couple mach 1s and a pro puck. We play pickup outside and use the pro puck because it lasts longer than anything else. I like the feel of the ids better than all of them but I have the rocket puck because that's what all the major tournaments use obviously.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, JSchultz said:

I'm not from the area - we played for the MIHA tourney just as COVID took hold in March. I'm with the Detroit Knights (and it looks like another dude on this thread is as well, small world!)

Are the Kings based out of Cincinnati? For some reason I thought they were from Columbus or Cleveland. 

Yeah dude! Hi! I haven’t played for them for a few seasons due to injuries to my knee and wrist, but I almost subbed for one of the tournaments this season before the shutdown. 

6 hours ago, the_game said:

hey how did the original RHI 'Speed Puck' not make this review!?!?!?! 

He probably never used one. We used them when I played juniors and I loved them then. Not to mention they are nearly impossible to find now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the_game said:

hey how did the original RHI 'Speed Puck' not make this review!?!?!?! 

Such an “old” puck. It’s just not used in any leagues/tournaments anymore. Pretty sure the puck is older than me as well 😂

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 8:48 PM, Roller_player69 said:

He probably never used one. We used them when I played juniors and I loved them then. Not to mention they are nearly impossible to find now. 

Still see the CCM iteration of it around every now and again

On 6/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, JSchultz said:

Kings are Cincinnati based. I was at the same tourney during covid, very lucky to get that in before the shutdown.