Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Tucker16

Rbk 4k/ jofa 9135 elbow pads

Hi. I’m new to the pro stock stuff and I saw a pair of rbk 4k elbow pads. They are identical to the jofa 9135 from what I’ve learned and am curious if they are a decent elbow pad. I’ve heard the pros wear 7k/8k pads so I don’t think these are pro stock. I used to wear rbk elbows years ago but I have no idea what model they were other than they looked similar. 

can I get some insight on if these are decent, long lasting pads? I have 2S pros right now and like them, they are just slightly larger than I’d like. 

The 4k was a lower mid range elbow pad, your current pads are light years ahead in terms of protection. As to the durability of the 2S pro, hard to say as they haven't been out long enough. 

1 minute ago, Vet88 said:

The 4k was a lower mid range elbow pad, your current pads are light years ahead in terms of protection. As to the durability of the 2S pro, hard to say as they haven't been out long enough. 

Ok I broke my elbow a few years back long boarding so I was trying to find the best, most durable pad. I just see how the pros use them so I figured the rbk/jofa is the best. But I have a feeling I’m going to stay in my Bauer’s. Thanks  

21 minutes ago, Tucker16 said:

Ok I broke my elbow a few years back long boarding so I was trying to find the best, most durable pad. I just see how the pros use them so I figured the rbk/jofa is the best. But I have a feeling I’m going to stay in my Bauer’s. Thanks  

Rbk pads are generally very durable - 7k / 8k / 9k / 11k - I've used them all. Their biggest failing is the straps which stretch after a short time, I always ended up taking them to a tailor and getting the straps replaced. 

Just now, Vet88 said:

Rbk pads are generally very durable - 7k / 8k / 9k / 11k - I've used them all. Their biggest failing is the straps which stretch after a short time, I always ended up taking them to a tailor and getting the straps replaced. 

Ok so I should stay away from the 4ks as they aren’t a pro level pad basically. 

I don't think there's any issue with those pads in terms of their primary function of protecting your elbows from direct ice impact. Don't pretty much all modern elbows (and most decent elbows for the last 40 years, for that matter) all do that well? It's the secondary coverage of the rest of your arm that varies from model to model and anything similar to Jofa 9135 should provide plenty of protection everywhere they cover.

Reebok’s get tricky because they kept upping the numbers, so a 2009 4K pad was different than a 2011 4K pad (I’m just making up years there). You can download old catalogues on this site, and compare specs of equipment. 

When you say the 2S are “slightly larger than I want,” larger in what way? Like too bulky and cumbersome? Too long?  Too roomy and shift around on your arm? 

The 4k was a low mid entry pad when it was introduced and it stayed that way during its production years. Any pad should do the job but how well they do it is dependent on the type and amount of foams etc used.

3 hours ago, start_today said:

Reebok’s get tricky because they kept upping the numbers, so a 2009 4K pad was different than a 2011 4K pad (I’m just making up years there). You can download old catalogues on this site, and compare specs of equipment. 

When you say the 2S are “slightly larger than I want,” larger in what way? Like too bulky and cumbersome? Too long?  Too roomy and shift around on your arm? 

Slides down. Small ones restricted my movement so they put me in mediums. And ya they don’t stay put well at all. The length, weight and protection is perfect tho.