Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tcraig

Jetspeed FT3 Pro P90TM

Now that the official preorder emails are out and specs are being posted at retailers, is there any official information on if the P90TM pattern CCM is offering on the FT3 Pro is just a max height version of the pro stock P90T?  Also, anyone know if CCM plans to begin offering that pattern on the other stick lines as well? 

Thanks I'll take a look tonight. Was just curious since I've been using P90T (Benn Pro) for awhile now and it's far and away my favorite curve, so it coming to retail would be awesome. 

3 hours ago, tcraig said:

Thanks I'll take a look tonight. Was just curious since I've been using P90T (Benn Pro) for awhile now and it's far and away my favorite curve, so it coming to retail would be awesome. 

They are not the same. 😞 

• Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

They are not the same. 😞 

That's extremely disappointing to hear. And confusing from a naming perspective. Sigh. 

15 hours ago, MCornell said:

Can you expand on this at all?

The problem starts at the definition of the P90T. You can't answer the question of 'is the P90TM a max version of the P90T' before you get people to agree on what a P90T is.

The vast majority of sticks I've seen sold as P90T are not marked as P90T. They are unmarked prostock that someone has determined is "P90T like". This leads to significant confusion. Also I've seen the Bauer P90T and the CCM P90T described as very different animals.

The two prostock unmarked CCM (one Jetspeed, one Ribcore) P90T curves I have are both best described as this (my own take on it):

- Very similar to a P92, with the exceptions being:

- Less rocker (flatter) between the heel and mid section of the blade (P88 like in this regard).

- Slightly more toe hook/kink than the P92.

- Slightly lower lie. If the P92 is a 6 then the P90T I would call a 5.5.

From everything I have read/seen so far, I believe that the P90TM is a Max height version of what I describe above.

Again, I think the disagreement you'll get on this starts and ends with people having different definitions of what a P90T is (or isn't)!

colins

Edited by colins

Sadly, its not max height like Bauer P92M. Its taller than p29, but not tall as P29 max pro stock ones.

Lie is same as P28, give or take. So 5 - 5.5.

I have it on Ribcore 4 pro, early special order from store near to me, so technicaly stick is pro stock but with retail specks.

its plays like p29 with toe kink and little but more mirror. IM not sure et do i like it, as normaali i play P28.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VS1598 said:

Sadly, its not max height like Bauer P92M. Its taller than p29, but not tall as P29 max pro stock ones.

Lie is same as P28, give or take. So 5 - 5.5.

I have it on Ribcore 4 pro, early special order from store near to me, so technicaly stick is pro stock but with retail specks.

its plays like p29 with toe kink and little but more mirror. IM not sure et do i like it, as normaali i play P28.

Anyone comfortable with a P28 probably won't see a lot of value in the P90T/P90TM. I think it's more for the player who tends to play low without going to a really short stick and struggles with the amount of heel-only contact the P28 provides. These are the guys who would normally prefer stick handling/passing with a P88 due to the low lie and flat rocker but they want a better pattern for shooting off the toe and for toe drags than the P88 provides.

Even someone who uses a P92 and is happy with that doesn't have much of a case to gravitate towards it. To me, the P90T/P90TM is a migration path for P88 folks who want some of the benefits of the P28 or P92 but don't want to give up the puck handling comfort & lie they enjoy with the P88.

P92 lie 5 is another option for these kind of players - but it's a rare beast, never seen it at retail and rarely on prostocks.

colins

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a CCM  prostock stick that was a sample, the nameplate simply reads "P90T". I also have a Jamie Benn pro stock stick that is the Benn Pro curve, which is identical to the P90T I have. That's what I'm referring to as P90T, when I ask of this is simply max height version of that curve.  

My P90T and Benn Pro sticks are a p92 plus the toe kink. As someone who likes the profile and mid curve of the p92, but also likes the extra toe of a p28 for shots off the toe, it's terrific. 

Edited by tcraig

Didn’t realize the twitter user and the poster were the same, my fault!

sounds like CCM Fast Team is saying curve aspect alone is same as p90T

Edited by MCornell
Copied posters twitter without realizing
  • Like 1

Ha, no problem. Yeah, really looking forward to getting eyes on one in person to do a definitive comparison - my local Pure Hockey didn't get any of the P90TM in their release day stock. 

@Hills did a very good comparison of CCM's P90T vs a P28 and P29 on his instagram page.  I'd like to see how it compares to a P88 also, as I'm exactly what Colins describes above, a P88 user that wants to keep the passing and consistency of the flat rocker, but would like a little more curve in the toe to help get toe shots off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, psulion22 said:

@Hills did a very good comparison of CCM's P90T vs a P28 and P29 on his instagram page.  I'd like to see how it compares to a P88 also, as I'm exactly what Colins describes above, a P88 user that wants to keep the passing and consistency of the flat rocker, but would like a little more curve in the toe to help get toe shots off.

If I had a P88 on me I would do a comparison for you!

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I adore the P90TM. I also love the new Bauer P92C.

Moore.B1Toe.ADV_1080x.png?v=1600894621

Is this the p92c? So what's the deal with this pattern? 

12 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Is this the p92c? So what's the deal with this pattern? 

Yes, that is a P92C.

It is a custom curve I have been seeing more frequently that was originally made for Fyodor Polishchuk but seems to have caught in North America.  It is similar to the P90T is that both are based on the P92 with a toe kink, but on this curve, the kink starts a little bit earlier. I am hoping that Bauer will bring it to retail.

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

1 hour ago, mojo122 said:

Trend is to have fewer curves at retail.  I love the 92M and if they were to bring anything new I think a P28M would be popular.  

What we don't need is 6-8 price points per brand within a specific product group.  I think the trend should be fewer stick price point options and retiring some of the older patterns or making them only available for special orders. The P88 and PM9 are both curves that rarely sell and Bauer seems to be slowly killing them off. 

• Like 1

You have to look at specific regions though.  Here in the Northeast the P92 and P88 continue to be most popular although the P28 is picking up steam.  PM9 and P14 are gone from the Supreme line and I expect that will continue with Nexus and Vapor.