Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tcraig

Jetspeed FT3 Pro P90TM

P88 is super popular from what I’ve seen. If you don’t want a massive open toe or rockered blade it’s your only option.

I’d rather see them experiment with quirky stuff for the 4th and 5th options in the lineup in limited quantities rather than offering an max version of what’s already there. Stuff that could still have mainstream appeal like P90T, Laine, etc. 

Can anyone compare the p90tm to the p88. I used a p88 for a long time but am now using a p29 to help with my shot but definitely miss the flatter and bigger blade on the p88. 

Does the blade on the p90tm open more than the p29?

9 minutes ago, beardacus said:

Can anyone compare the p90tm to the p88. I used a p88 for a long time but am now using a p29 to help with my shot but definitely miss the flatter and bigger blade on the p88. 

The P90TM and P88 are nothing like each other. Look at the pics. Also, the P92 is longer of a blade than the P88. 

The P90TM is a mix between the P28 and the P92, with a little more of a toe kink. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

5 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

The P90TM and P88 are nothing like each other. Look at the pics. Also, the P92 is longer of a blade than the P88. 

The P90TM is a mix between the P28 and the P92, with a little more of a toe kink. 

I want a p29 curve with a taller blade and more blade on the ice. Is the p90tm that? I dont want a toe that is more open than the p29.

34 minutes ago, beardacus said:

I want a p29 curve with a taller blade and more blade on the ice. Is the p90tm that? I dont want a toe that is more open than the p29.

More blade on the ice? You mean less of a rocker in the blade?

9 hours ago, beardacus said:

ya

The P92 rocker is pretty flat. The only thing I can think of that would be flatter is a PM9. You should probably start looking at pro stock sticks. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

22 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Whole heartedly disagree.

The P90T and P90TM are a lot like the P88 up to the middle of the blade. Both have flatter rockers than the P92.

Based on what bearacus is looking for I think the P90T or P90TM are well worth a look.

22 hours ago, beardacus said:

More kinked but not more open.

P90T and P90TM have a flatter rocker than the P92/P29 more like the P88.

Sounds like exactly what you are after.

Refer back to the CCM FAST pic of the P90T 'Pro Benn'. You can clearly see the flat spot in the middle 3rd of the blade between heel and center.

Screenshot-2019-10-23-at-2.png

Edited by colins

Colins thank you very much for that picture and information. Judging by your description I'm not sure if the blade is open enough for me?

What I am basically looking for is a p29 curve with a taller blade and flatter rocker. I play defense and the p88 does everything I want except I have trouble hitting top corners. With the p29 my shot is perfect from everywhere but I need the taller blade and flatter rocker while playing the defensive side of the game. 

My proshop does not have the curve for me to look at unfortunately. 

38 minutes ago, beardacus said:

Colins thank you very much for that picture and information. Judging by your description I'm not sure if the blade is open enough for me?

What I am basically looking for is a p29 curve with a taller blade and flatter rocker. I play defense and the p88 does everything I want except I have trouble hitting top corners. With the p29 my shot is perfect from everywhere but I need the taller blade and flatter rocker while playing the defensive side of the game. 

I suggest you take a look at the pics I posted on the previous page.  They clearly show the rocker and curve.  The pics were snapped of a retail version of the P90TM.  In my opinion the P90T pro stock pic that Colins posted is not quite the same as the retail P90TM, but you can judge for yourself.  When I took the pics, I purposely held the blade as vertical as possible to give a true view of the curve.  It is very open, (moreso than the P29).

3 hours ago, boo10 said:

I suggest you take a look at the pics I posted on the previous page.  They clearly show the rocker and curve.  The pics were snapped of a retail version of the P90TM.  In my opinion the P90T pro stock pic that Colins posted is not quite the same as the retail P90TM, but you can judge for yourself.  When I took the pics, I purposely held the blade as vertical as possible to give a true view of the curve.  It is very open, (moreso than the P29).

It's very difficult to separate openness from the amount of kink. If openness is the loft of the blade (like a golf club) then I think the P90T and P90TM have similar openness as the P29 or P92. But there's definitely more toe kink in the P90T and P90TM which is going to make it look more exaggerated - which some would describe as 'more open'.

Nothing beats having one in your hands and seeing for yourself. boo10 took some great pics to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Edited by colins
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 8:22 PM, beardacus said:

I think the P90TM retail curve might work for you.  I'm also a P88 using defenseman because I need the flatter rocker and taller blade, plus the wide rounded toe and lower lie.  P29/92 has way too much rocker for me.  P28 has too much of a narrow arrowhead shaped toe.  The retail P90TM is very similar to the flat rocker and wider blade as the P88 from the heel to the middle.  Then it opens up like a P29/92 until the very end of the toe where it has a slight beak like the P28 but still the wider toe of the P29/92/88.  It's not quite as open as the P29 at the end of the toe because of the beak.  But it's definitely more open than a P88.  Honestly, this is probably my favorite curve because it gives me the best of everything while eliminating most of the drawbacks.  You get the flat, wide blade of the P88, but with more openness and rocker in the toe.  Plus the openness of the P29/92 without the rocker and thinness of the heel.  With P29/92, I would often get the puck rolling off the toe, likely because the amount of rocker from heel to toe.  That doesn't happen on P90TM because the hooked toe keeps the puck in place.  So I get nice flat saucer passes, and quick puck elevation without the rocker.  And the toe curve of the P29 to keep the puck on the stick and for shooting, without the extreme rocker and arrowhead shape on the toe.  

• Like 2

psullion22 thanks very much for your write up. My local proshop still doesnt have any p90tm's in stock unfortunately so I cant really compare it, but judging by the most recent pictures boo10 posted it almost looks like the p90tm is more open than a p29. Do you think that might be because of the angle he is holding it at in the picture? Or maybe because of the bend in the toe?

From your experience with the p90tm have you had any issues with shots going over the net? I have very good control on my shots with the p29 but have had issues when shooting with my friends p28s.

14 minutes ago, beardacus said:

psullion22 thanks very much for your write up. My local proshop still doesnt have any p90tm's in stock unfortunately so I cant really compare it, but judging by the most recent pictures boo10 posted it almost looks like the p90tm is more open than a p29. Do you think that might be because of the angle he is holding it at in the picture? Or maybe because of the bend in the toe?

From your experience with the p90tm have you had any issues with shots going over the net? I have very good control on my shots with the p29 but have had issues when shooting with my friends p28s.

Having held them all in my hand at the same time, I can tell you the the curvature of the P29 and P90TM are pretty close to identical up to the point of the toe kink.  It opens up more at the kink.  In terms of blade shape, it appears to have less rocker than the P29.

10 hours ago, psulion22 said:

I think the P90TM retail curve might work for you.  I'm also a P88 using defenseman because I need the flatter rocker and taller blade, plus the wide rounded toe and lower lie.  P29/92 has way too much rocker for me.  P28 has too much of a narrow arrowhead shaped toe.  The retail P90TM is very similar to the flat rocker and wider blade as the P88 from the heel to the middle.  Then it opens up like a P29/92 until the very end of the toe where it has a slight beak like the P28 but still the wider toe of the P29/92/88.  It's not quite as open as the P29 at the end of the toe because of the beak.  But it's definitely more open than a P88.  Honestly, this is probably my favorite curve because it gives me the best of everything while eliminating most of the drawbacks.  You get the flat, wide blade of the P88, but with more openness and rocker in the toe.  Plus the openness of the P29/92 without the rocker and thinness of the heel.  With P29/92, I would often get the puck rolling off the toe, likely because the amount of rocker from heel to toe.  That doesn't happen on P90TM because the hooked toe keeps the puck in place.  So I get nice flat saucer passes, and quick puck elevation without the rocker.  And the toe curve of the P29 to keep the puck on the stick and for shooting, without the extreme rocker and arrowhead shape on the toe.  

This aligns with my experience. My youngest son is a low skater, loves the P88 for it's low lie (it's lower than the Bauer lie 6 indicates) for stick handling and passing, but for shooting it doesn't have the features of the P92 or P28 for shooting off the toe.

The P90T or P90TM fixes that. He's tried the P92 but at lie 6 and the big rocker it doesn't allow him to handle the puck or make/receive passes like the P88. But the P90T is the best of both worlds - it allows the puck control of the P88, with the toe shooting of a P92 or P28. 

15 hours ago, beardacus said:

15 hours ago, boo10 said:

Having held them all in my hand at the same time, I can tell you the the curvature of the P29 and P90TM are pretty close to identical up to the point of the toe kink.  It opens up more at the kink.  In terms of blade shape, it appears to have less rocker than the P29.

I agree with boo10, P90TM is the same as P92 up until about the last inch or two of the toe.  It opens more at the toe, but that may also just be an illusion because of the beak curve.  I have more control of my shots and keep them lower with P90TM than I did with P92.  But I also have more control and can elevate them faster and higher than with P88.  This curve is really the best of all three worlds, for me at least.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, beardacus said:

Last question for you guys. Is the p90tm and p88 the same lie? 

Ok that's a loaded question are you just trying to rile everyone up now? 🙂

Let's start with the fact that lie number means almost nothing these days and the rocker (or lack thereof) makes lie comparisons between patterns highly subjective.

That said, the P90T/P90TM and P88 are the same or just about the same lie based on the comparisons I've done with two sticks in my hand.

Certainly they are more similar in lie than the Bauer P88 vs. P92, which Bauer lists both as a 6, but are very different lies. The P88 is lower than the P92. Same with the P90T. 

In the old days of wooden sticks we could torch them on the stove and bend our own curve in them... picture having a wooden P88 that you torched just from the toe back to the mid-blade, then you bent the toe in for more curve and back for more loft to create an open kink at the end. That's the P90T/P90TM.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, beardacus said:

Last question for you guys. Is the p90tm and p88 the same lie? 

I'd say they're close enough to call them the "same".  My P90TM and P88 are cut the exact same length and I don't notice any differences in the way the blade is touching the ice.  The tape on the bottom is still wearing evenly on both.  Both are much lower than a P29/92, even the lie 5 variant.

Just get it.  If you're a P88 user but want better puck control and elevation on shots and passes, that's what this curve is.  I can't tell you that you'll be able to hit the exact same spot as with your P92.  I can tell you that you will shoot better and higher than the P88, but still get all the puck certainty benefits of the P88.  And you won't shoot as high as a P28.  If you really don't like it, and use a RH 70 flex FT3 Pro, I'll buy it from you.

Edited by psulion22
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 4:15 PM, mojo122 said:

You have to look at specific regions though.  Here in the Northeast the P92 and P88 continue to be most popular although the P28 is picking up steam.  PM9 and P14 are gone from the Supreme line and I expect that will continue with Nexus and Vapor.  

Bauer phasing out the P14 from retail sucks. 

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I guess Im a low skater, and love the p88 due to it’s low lie. Ive tried so many times to like the p92 bc i can elevate the puck and feel like I have more power on my shot, but i feel like the toe is up off the ice, so I have missed a few passes, especially if I have to reach a bit in front of me for the puck. I was looking on pro stock for a p92 with a 4 lie, there were only 3 options for my hand and flex, maybe I’ll try this instead. Warrior used to make the w03 in either 4 or 5 lie, but discontinued the 4’s before I thought to try them. 

57 minutes ago, Dnyge79 said:

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I guess Im a low skater, and love the p88 due to it’s low lie. Ive tried so many times to like the p92 bc i can elevate the puck and feel like I have more power on my shot, but i feel like the toe is up off the ice, so I have missed a few passes, especially if I have to reach a bit in front of me for the puck. I was looking on pro stock for a p92 with a 4 lie, there were only 3 options for my hand and flex, maybe I’ll try this instead. Warrior used to make the w03 in either 4 or 5 lie, but discontinued the 4’s before I thought to try them. 

Bauer makes the P92 in a Lie 5, for special orders.  It's not quite as low as the P88, but is lower than the regular retail Lie 6.  Warrior's numbers are all one lower than Bauer, so a Bauer lie 5 is a Warrior Lie4.  But it's all subjective anyway since the P88, listed as a lie 6, is significantly lower than a P92, also a 6, and even lower than a P92 Lie 5 or the P28, which is also a 5.

• Like 1

The P14 is interesting. I thought it was going to be a combo of the p88 and p92. The lie resembles a p88, and the open toe resembles a p92. It is a small blade though. Specs say its more of a mid-toe curve