Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Asian Tomatoe

Bauer Fit 3 vs Nexus Fit

11 hours ago, boo10 said:

I've seen a couple of videos where the CCM skate product manager claims that Bauer skates (curv) don't really become pliable until you heat them to 300 degrees, whereas CCM skates are pliable at 200 degrees.  Not sure how true it is, but I don't doubt it, as the Bauer skates I've had were not very moldable, even when they were quite hot.

Maybe it was more the foam padding they use that actually mould to your foot which really isn't a tonne of customization. I've heated moulded all three. And the Bauer def was the least heat mouldable, and it was quite noticeable.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:37 PM, beardacus said:

My son has worn a Nexus for the past 3 seasons but he is now wearing a Supreme fit 3 and really likes them. I think all the Nexus guys will be fine.

Agree.

My son has bounces back and forth between Nexus D and Supreme EE. Tried out the Bauer 3D, laser fitter, tell me what to wear thingy last week and it said Fit 1. Ha! I don't think so!

A very small percentage of players are good enough to benefit from custom skates, and then there are the other small percentage who just have some specific fit issues.  For the vast majority of people three fits in two boots plus all the CCM offerings and True retail will provide a fit that matches their foot.

• Like 1

Can someone confirm if on a FIT3 on certain sized skates, the holder sizes go up a notch? For example, previously the 7.5D came with 263 holders but a 7.5EE came with 272 holders. Will the 7.5FIT3 comes with 263 or 272 holders? We ordered a pair for a customer and he wants 3 sets of backup steel and I cannot get a genuine answer from anyone, not even Bauer, if that would come with a 263 or 272 holder. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW