Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
boo10

CCM Free Step Steel Promo

From July 10 through October 15, (or while supplies last) CCM is giving a free pair of Step runners to anyone that purchases a pair of AS3Pro, AS3, FT2, FT490 or 80K.

1 hour ago, Hills said:

Good thing since now you won't have the worst stock steel on the market when you buy a $1000+ Canadian skate.

I know people always trash CCM's stock steel, but I've honestly never found it that bad.  I would definitely say it's no worse than Bauer's LS1 steel, (I know, low bar).  I only sharpen my skates a few times per season at most, so probably not near as picky as most.  I also don't sharpen skates, so don't have to deal with that aspect of low end steel.

I did have Step on a pair a few years ago and I definitely noticed markedly better performance than the LS3 that was previously on those skates.

11 minutes ago, boo10 said:

I know people always trash CCM's stock steel, but I've honestly never found it that bad.  I would definitely say it's no worse than Bauer's LS1 steel, (I know, low bar).  I only sharpen my skates a few times per season at most, so probably not near as picky as most.  I also don't sharpen skates, so don't have to deal with that aspect of low end steel.

I did have Step on a pair a few years ago and I definitely noticed markedly better performance than the LS3 that was previously on those skates.

I would have to get my CCM SB Black sharpened every 2 weeks when on the ice twice a week. LS5 is is every 2ish months and that is the same for Step... difference is pretty big.

35 minutes ago, Hills said:

I would have to get my CCM SB Black sharpened every 2 weeks when on the ice twice a week. LS5 is is every 2ish months and that is the same for Step... difference is pretty big.

No arguments from me on that, LS5 and Step are both quite a bit better than CCM stainless or black.  I was comparing them to the lower end Bauer steel (LS1/LS2).  It's just my personal opinion, but I think CCM black is better than LS1, and probably equal to LS2.

10 hours ago, boo10 said:

From July 10 through October 15, (or while supplies last) CCM is giving a free pair of Step runners to anyone that purchases a pair of AS3Pro, AS3, FT2, FT490 or 80K.

That is funny because I'm a huge fan of step steel.  First thing I though when I saw the AS3 Pro skate was "I thought they bought Step.  Am I suppose to buy Step after paying $1300 total?..."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, boo10 said:

I know people always trash CCM's stock steel, but I've honestly never found it that bad.

I also don't sharpen skates, so don't have to deal with that aspect of low end steel.

Nailed it.

IMO, the factory CCM steel has never been very good. Its not the worst in the world but is far from what I consider to be good. I hope they put STEP on all of their upper end skates costing $499+

On 7/10/2020 at 10:38 AM, boo10 said:

Which model runner are they giving out (Stepsteel, V-Steel or Blacksteel)?  

Nevermind. Just saw the announcement.  Looks like Stepsteel.

Edited by CaptainCharisma
update

3 hours ago, CaptainCharisma said:

Which model runner are they giving out (Stepsteel, V-Steel or Blacksteel)?  

Nevermind. Just saw the announcement.  Looks like Stepsteel.

Standard stainless steel.