Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Bpuckhead89

Helo Quark Bearings

Bearings are generally a matter of debate amongst players that I know. Some say it doesn't matter really, others say it makes a big difference. IMO the most important thing is that the bearings be serviceable so you can clean, wash and lubricate them. I personally have not found a big difference in bearings so long as they are clean and well maintained, so I just get the cheapest bearings that are serviceable and I clean them when I rotate wheels and wash/lube them every so often. Good technique, strong skating, well-fitting skates and the proper wheel make much more of a difference for speed, agility and control. 

Re the quality of Konixx, I think they make excellent wheels. I'm sure these bearings are good bearings. Despite the marketing, I'm not convinced that good bearings translate to a better or faster skater. 

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 2

Saw that ad myself and was curious especially with me pre-ordering the Marsblade R1 and wanting to get another set of Konixx wheels to boot. I'm a fan of Konixx wheels and have never used "top-end" bearings. It seems like a pretty good deal unless you swear by Swiss Bones or something of the like.

I personally never liked the open shield set up, skate on a dirty rink and the dirt always seems to get into the bearings. I prefer the Swiss setup with a rubber inner shield, removing the rubber shield is dead easy and it keeps the bearings clean for longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2020 at 11:03 PM, Bpuckhead89 said:

Thanks fellas. I'm gonna give them a shot.

Did you receive them? If so, how are they?

tgwl, I did receive them but didn't try them. I needed to buy new skates which came with Swiss bearings, then ended up getting these Quarks free with purchase of a set of wheels and I've never switched them over. Not sure if I believe there is enough of a benefit to make the swap. I'll probably save em until these wear out.

Best bearings hands down are the Bones Super Swiss 6 Skateboard Bearings. No joke, I have been using the same set of bearings for the past 15 years. The are super durable and perform exceptionally well. I clean and oil them once a year. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, greasy17 said:

Best bearings hands down are the Bones Super Swiss 6 Skateboard Bearings. No joke, I have been using the same set of bearings for the past 15 years. The are super durable and perform exceptionally well. I clean and oil them once a year. 

Indoor use only?

5 minutes ago, greasy17 said:

You can use them indoors or outdoors. Mine were strictly used indoors.

I know you can, my point was just that indoors is much less wear and tear on bearings

2 hours ago, Miller55 said:

I know you can, my point was just that indoors is much less wear and tear on bearings

All of these flavors and you choose to be salty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greasy17 said:

All of these flavors and you choose to be salty.

Not sure why that came across salty, I was just trying to explain my original point that if you got 15 years out of a set of bearings you most likely didn't use them outside. 

I have not personally used Konixx Helo Quark bearings, but I have heard good things about them from other skaters. They are said to be very smooth and fast, and they are also very durable. Konixx is a reputable bearing company, and their wheels are also well-regarded.