Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

16 hours ago, nutters said:

I was hoping after the Alpha DX we would see the Alpha nWo, but instead it looks like the name will be LX.

EqwyVBxXIAEmIoD?format=jpg&name=medium

Sort of reminds me of the Dolo DD minus the Dragons. 

16 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

FWIW, I've seen all of the 2021 Warrior stuff and was not impressed with anything.

No surprise, considering Wheels is wearing QR1 gloves. That’s where Warrior drove over the edge.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flip12 said:

No surprise, considering Wheels is wearing QR1 gloves. That’s where Warrior drove over the edge.

QRL were great minus the crappy foams at retail...

16 minutes ago, Hills said:

QRL were great minus the crappy foams at retail...

QRL were indeed nice. I love the concept. But as much as I wanted to love them, the QR1s felt noticeably better side by side. Seeing where they've gone since the QRL, it has tarnished my opinion of that glove.

The Bell logo is way too much imo. Seems like they haven't set a standard on helmet ad sizes. Rangers and devil's looked ok, but Habs and the Pens I saw were atrocious. 

Edit: My point is that they need to standardized dimensions, colors, positioning etc. The only thing from Europe that I'd like to see more of is the Jofa 690 helmets lol

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

Gloves have become such a sad joke.

I think it was all downhill from the APX and MX3 for Bauer, CL series for CCM, and QR1 for Warrior. While the newer gloves might be lighter (arguably) they don feel the same, aren't as durable and aren't worth the ridiculous cost.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I think it was all downhill from the APX and MX3 for Bauer, CL series for CCM, and QR1 for Warrior. While the newer gloves might be lighter (arguably) they don feel the same, aren't as durable and aren't worth the ridiculous cost.

I felt the same way for a while, but I recently picked up a pair of pro stock 2SPros and they are unreal. Some of the best gloves I've ever worn. Granted, I plan on sending them to Pat for some mods, but the protection on them is unreal and they are very comfortable. They are far superior to mx3s imo. Even the 1Ss were great.

In the Vapor line I agree, apx2 pros have yet to be topped. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Bingo.

1 hour ago, Miller55 said:

I felt the same way for a while, but I recently picked up a pair of pro stock 2SPros and they are unreal. Some of the best gloves I've ever worn. Granted, I plan on sending them to Pat for some mods, but the protection on them is unreal and they are very comfortable. They are far superior to mx3s imo. Even the 1Ss were great.

In the Vapor line I agree, apx2 pros have yet to be topped. 

This is the truth. 2S Pro are amazing, 1S were solid and even 1X Pro were good gloves.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hills said:

This is the truth. 2S Pro are amazing, 1S were solid and even 1X Pro were good gloves.

I don't know about those models as I haven't worn them, but my X100 gloves looked like they were 3 years old after about 3 games.  Comfortable as hell, but garbage durability. 

9 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I'm a big fan of the Ultra Tacks gloves. It seems as though I keep coming back to them.

2 hours ago, Hills said:

The 2S Pro glove is nice but the palm wears too quickly. For a $200 USD glove, I expect the materials to be more durable. 

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

The 2S Pro glove is nice but the palm wears too quickly. For a $200 USD glove, I expect the materials to be more durable. 

I have no idea about retail, but mine came with standard Nash with palm and thumb overlays and they're fine. I don't even know how anyone can wear retail gloves. The branding everywhere is just gross. Plus I paid 130 for brand new gloves with full poron package. Not sure what the retails come with.

BTW, I think your assertion that the palms should last longer is not what Bauer is going for. I think their approach is more that the $200 gloves should have a pro feel, which is why they choose performance palms over durability. For the mid tier gloves the palms tend to be more durable for the average player who is looking for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justinpryor said:

Bauer really needs to work on its graphics that hyperlite is dull. and if its anything like sonic or geo it will be dated already

Probably an understated one to not make it obvious yet. Also, Geo and Ultrasonic aren't dated...

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

0 issues on both mine and my gfs 2S Pro palms and she has used them straight since they came out. Clearly Bauer can't win though... people complained the previous ones were too thick and now they aren't durable enough...

Edited by Hills

6 minutes ago, Hills said:

0 issues on both mine and my gfs 2S Pro palms and she has used them straight since they came out. Clearly Bauer can't win though... people complained the previous ones were too thick and now they aren't durable enough...

It's not just durability. I just prefer grey or black palms as they dont get dirty or dingy.

16 minutes ago, Hills said:

Probably an understated one to not make it obvious yet. Also, Geo and Ultrasonic aren't dated...

The geo feels very stiff for a mid kick and is still high at 390 grams ( compared to competition ) The jet speed has way better load and shot power with lighter and better feel. The spine on the Geo is also just weird to hold and twists in your hands.

The ultrasonic is the biggest log for the supreme line ever. the taper feels so stiff you can barely load any shot, its balance is worse than the sticks it replaces and feels oddly heavy due to the weird taper. CCMs as3pro is lighter, better balanced and shoots in all shots way better then the sonic. 

The sticks they are releasing are basically a year behind, they should either redesign and use full adv tech or they will be 2-3 years behind CCM by the time new sticks come. This is from a bauer fanboy who hated CCM. but bauer just isnt trying hard enough to justify their pricetags on high end sticks. 

Edited by justinpryor