Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

4 hours ago, justinpryor said:

The geo feels very stiff for a mid kick and is still high at 390 grams ( compared to competition ) The jet speed has way better load and shot power with lighter and better feel. The spine on the Geo is also just weird to hold and twists in your hands.

The ultrasonic is the biggest log for the supreme line ever. the taper feels so stiff you can barely load any shot, its balance is worse than the sticks it replaces and feels oddly heavy due to the weird taper. CCMs as3pro is lighter, better balanced and shoots in all shots way better then the sonic. 

The sticks they are releasing are basically a year behind, they should either redesign and use full adv tech or they will be 2-3 years behind CCM by the time new sticks come. This is from a bauer fanboy who hated CCM. but bauer just isnt trying hard enough to justify their pricetags on high end sticks. 

Agree the new CCM sticks are great (I have the FT3 Pro and Trigger 5 Pro) but for me the Ultrasonic feels best and I really like the way it shoots. All personal preference. 

On 1/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, Miller55 said:

The Bell logo is way too much imo. Seems like they haven't set a standard on helmet ad sizes. Rangers and devil's looked ok, but Habs and the Pens I saw were atrocious. 

Edit: My point is that they need to standardized dimensions, colors, positioning etc. The only thing from Europe that I'd like to see more of is the Jofa 690 helmets lol

The size is standardized.  Per Elliotte Friedman it’s 2.5” high x 3.7” wide.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-will-aggressive-trying-new-initiatives-amid-hunt-grow-revenues/

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 12:50 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

It's not just durability. I just prefer grey or black palms as they dont get dirty or dingy.

I'm really not familiar with the retail glove standards, but is it the accepted norm that higher end gloves would have grey or black palms? I'm also partial to darker palms and I hate how nasty the ivory Nash gets, but if it's just preference I don't think you can hold that against Bauer. If that's the standard then yeah, Bauer should offer that in their high end gloves as well.

54 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

I'm really not familiar with the retail glove standards, but is it the accepted norm that higher end gloves would have grey or black palms? I'm also partial to darker palms and I hate how nasty the ivory Nash gets, but if it's just preference I don't think you can hold that against Bauer. If that's the standard then yeah, Bauer should offer that in their high end gloves as well.

Absolutely not a standard. Lots of people prefer the cream coloured Bauer have compared to the black that warrior has. Completely personal preference and not something they should be knocked for unless it was actually an inferior product (which it isn't).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Yeah, too bad the retail model will be a bit more flashy 😞 

That’s too bad - hopefully it doesn’t deviate too much 

18 hours ago, Miller55 said:

I didn't realize he moved to vapor skates either.. Want he in Jetspeeds a while back, might have been ft1s...

I think I've only seen him use Bauer Vapors. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 10:52 AM, CaptainCharisma said:

Looks like Matthew Tkachuk has switched over to the Sher-wood Code V?  As well as some Sher-wood gloves (Code V?) with some shot-blockers?

Still hating the graphics on the stick.

cut.jpg

Ugliest stick ever but at least you can quickly tell what brand it is from even a mile away. I wonder if it has sold well at the retail level?

I also think the new AS3 Pro stick is ugly but the younger kids love the look. 

I'm personally a minimal graphic kinda guy. All these stupid graphics do is add weight and then look ugly when the stick gets all banged up. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

19 hours ago, Miller55 said:

I didn't realize he moved to vapor skates either.. Want he in Jetspeeds a while back, might have been ft1s...

I think you may be confusing him w Lias Andersson. 

22 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Sorry if repost.  I saw some pictures of the quickblade holders on Marners skates a math or two ago but didn't think he was going to actually wear em. Just like how he poses for pics with the shift holders. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ3_AaGn0Q2/?igshid=3tz3h93716jp

I'm sorry, what? I can't see anything in that pic except for how hilariously hideous Matthews' skates are.

4 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Here. This is a better pic. Look at marners holders.  He's using the quikblade system. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ6wzsiBFB0/?igshid=1gu9apqiyl6z5

Maybe they are paying him? Looks like he may be using Flare steel too. 

toronto-on-january-9-mitch-marner-celebr

toronto-on-january-9-toronto-maple-leafs

5 hours ago, flip12 said:

I'm sorry, what? I can't see anything in that pic except for how hilariously hideous Matthews' skates are.

They don't look too wide. I think it's the angle. 😉

11 minutes ago, decoy said:

Here's a better image of the 100K's Rielly is wearing

john-tavares-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-

Reilly isn't the best guy to be looking at to get an idea of how the 100Ks will look, most of the branding and colour pops are covered by his shot blocker additions

• Like 2

7 hours ago, steve66 said:

Reilly isn't the best guy to be looking at to get an idea of how the 100Ks will look, most of the branding and colour pops are covered by his shot blocker additions

I'm sure everyone can see that he's wearing shot blockers. Feel free to post a better image.

Not into the new Avalanche blue helmets and pants. Looks like a set from Blades of Steel escaped from the machine.

colorado-avalanche-center-nathan-mackinn

PS, looks like original RibCor ribs still on MacK's stick, innit?

Edited by flip12
Forgot about gloves.