Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

9 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Can’t believe that’s somehow not considered a safety hazard 🤷🏽‍♂️

What is the safety hazard? It is just screen print design on a raised part of foam.

Damn, cheapest pair went for like $750 and they only got more expensive from there!! That auction was absolutely crazy for ECHL players 

• Sad 1

On 3/26/2021 at 9:20 AM, Hills said:

What is the safety hazard? It is just screen print design on a raised part of foam.

That makes a lot more sense, it looked like plastic inserts that could fall off

On 3/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, chikinpotpie said:

You could accidentally snap your fingers and the place would be half empty

And when you return, you will have to catch up on all of the gear that you missed out on because you were in the blip.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:36 PM, Allu said:

bpmbqrhl3si61.jpg

FYI, this isn’t the actual graphics package. They’re just showing you the features of the skate. Someone leaked the Ultrasonic early last year at Bauer World and they were pissed. They’ve decided to not release the skate OR stick graphics package until June/July. The Hyperlite skates I held were the same as above. Even the rep has no idea what they’re going to look like.

However, the rest of the line has a very simple, non-flashy design. Think original Supreme TotalOne. They look great.

Edited by kovalchuk71
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, kovalchuk71 said:

FYI, this isn’t the actual graphics package. They’re just showing you the features of the skate. Someone leaked the Ultrasonic early last year at Bauer World and they were pissed. They’ve decided to not release the skate OR stick graphics package until June/July. The Hyperlite skates I held were the same as above. Even the rep has no idea what they’re going to look like.

However, the rest of the line has a very simple, non-flashy design. Think original Supreme TotalOne. They look great.

Okey, did you notice some significant differences versus 2x pro? I mean is the boot height same than 2x pro and is the fit about same?

On 4/3/2021 at 1:46 PM, Allu said:

Okey, did you notice some significant differences versus 2x pro? I mean is the boot height same than 2x pro and is the fit about same?

Yes, same height and fit. They increased the forward flexion and overall flex of the skate. It’s a nice upgrade. I LOVE the new tongue. It’s almost like a tennis shoe tongue.

Here is a higher resolution pic so you can see what is on the boot (mods please delete if necessary).

Oz3FA9M.jpg

Edited by kovalchuk71

By new logo, you mean just one instance of a weird looking one on some obscure goalie pad prototype? Unless I am missing something I don't see CCM or anyone else saying they are changing the logo to that.

But +1 for bringing back the 3-block logo. At least they make apparel with that logo.

Edited by wickedslappah

On 4/3/2021 at 9:40 PM, kovalchuk71 said:

Yes, same height and fit. They increased the forward flexion and overall flex of the skate. It’s a nice upgrade. I LOVE the new tongue. It’s almost like a tennis shoe tongue.

Here is a higher resolution pic so you can see what is on the boot (mods please delete if necessary).

Oz3FA9M.jpg

Is the top eyelet of the skate going to be lower than 2x pro skate or is the top eyelet hole going to be smaller? Because in the picture it seems smaller/lower. And how they have increased the wrap of the boot? Does the open eyelets cause more wrap than 2x pro lacing system ?

59 minutes ago, wickedslappah said:

By new logo, you mean just one instance of a weird looking one on some obscure goalie pad prototype? Unless I am missing something I don't see CCM or anyone else saying they are changing the logo to that.

But +1 for bringing back the 3-block logo. At least they make apparel with that logo.

I was asked to complete a survey for CCM several months ago regarding their logo.  The one seen in the pic was one of the options in the survey, so I suspect they are actually changing the logo.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, boo10 said:

I was asked to complete a survey for CCM several months ago regarding their logo.  The one seen in the pic was one of the options in the survey, so I suspect they are actually changing the logo.

Completed that survey too. And I'm p.sure I had this one ranked last.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wickedslappah said:

Yup completely normal to prototype a logo and allow it into the wild...

Sure it could be to see the reaction,  but it would have been given a more prominent leak than this

1 hour ago, nutters said:

Completed that survey too. And I'm p.sure I had this one ranked last.

The majority of kids with 0 taste probably had that highly ranked.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:40 AM, kovalchuk71 said:

I LOVE the new tongue. It’s almost like a tennis shoe tongue.

Trying to understand this. It’s not memory foam like the TF9? Is there any kind of plastic piece for protection/lace bite? 

Edited by Westside

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Trying to understand this. It’s not memory foam like the TF9? Is there any kind of plastic piece for protection/lace bite? 

The “tennis shoe” comparison was a bit over the top. My apologies. I don’t recall the tongue containing memory foam. The tongue is however, less “rigid” and a bit more “plush” than the previous Vapor tongues. It still has lace bite protection. I usually hate Bauer tongues (I use the CCM XS Slim and love it), but this tongue was one I could see myself skating with.

8 hours ago, Allu said:

Is the top eyelet of the skate going to be lower than 2x pro skate or is the top eyelet hole going to be smaller? Because in the picture it seems smaller/lower. And how they have increased the wrap of the boot? Does the open eyelets cause more wrap than 2x pro lacing system ?

Not allowed to say anymore about the boot, sorry....or the new LS steel 😶.

Edited by kovalchuk71
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 9:18 PM, kovalchuk71 said:

Not allowed to say anymore about the boot, sorry....or the new LS steel 😶.

The new steel is what I am most interested in. We are getting some samples before the end of the month to start tinkering with. 

Any improvement in Bauer steel for me would be great.  Sick of getting my son’s skates sharpened and then after one or two skates there are little burrs and nicks.  Shouldn’t be that fragile.