Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

22 hours ago, PBH said:

The new steel is what I am most interested in. We are getting some samples before the end of the month to start tinkering with. 

I’ve held it. It’s neat, but a gimmick, IMO (especially at that price point). Let’s hope it stays in one piece.

Bauer is trying to become the “Apple” of the hockey industry. The “Bauer Tax” is quickly becoming a real thing.

Edited by kovalchuk71
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, kovalchuk71 said:

I’ve held it. It’s neat, but a gimmick, IMO (especially at that price point). Let’s hope it stays in one piece.

It will be attractive to a small subset of skaters. IMO Pulse TI is the way to go....

• Like 1

Thought I had spotted someone in the new Hyperlite helmet, but it turns out there's just a lot of similarity in front design to the old Easton E400 with a Bauer logo slapped on.

vancouver-canucks-defenceman-travis-hamo

Has anyone been seen using the HL? Or is it likely to be next season if it hasn't been cleared for use by the NHL yet?

• Like 3

On 4/11/2021 at 7:18 AM, kovalchuk71 said:

The “tennis shoe” comparison was a bit over the top. My apologies. I don’t recall the tongue containing memory foam. The tongue is however, less “rigid” and a bit more “plush” than the previous Vapor tongues. It still has lace bite protection. I usually hate Bauer tongues (I use the CCM XS Slim and love it), but this tongue was one I could see myself skating with.

Not allowed to say anymore about the boot, sorry....or the new LS steel 😶.

Is the laceline/cut going to be same in hyperlite skates than 2x pro? Because in the picture it seems that laceline is not as aggressive than 2x pro?