Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
marka

TRUE TF9/TF7 skates

14 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Ya it def worked yesterday. But I don't need it. I just added it to my basket to test it. I got an email from them advising about the true rebate and it even mentioned that it would be counted towards the price before tax and after the auto site discount. So 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just tried it and you're right. Skates are no go for stack, BUT, it'll work for other true stuff like pants. So you'll still get a decent discount that way if u get both skates and pants to get over the 800 threshold for the 250 off 

The funny thing about that 250 off is that if you want to buy 2 pairs of skates, it's better to buy each pair separately and get 150 off of each. Just something I realized the other day playing around with different discounts in the cart. 

Edit: if you're buying two pairs of tf9s. If you're buying a TF9 and a tf7, then but then together and get 250 instead of 150+50

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Not sure if it's been mentioned but looks like they finally added wear guards. Wonder if only for retail or the customs will have it too. Never been an issue for me but I know some complained about it.  

On 7/31/2020 at 4:00 PM, JSchultz said:

Hey guys -  just got back from my local Pure hockey, who had the TF9 in stock. I tried them on and really like them, but don't know what to make of the fit. 

For reference, Bauer scanner puts me in Fit 1 - so my foot is pretty unremarkable and made for a Vapor. Tried the TF9 on and noticed straight away that there was much more room in the forefoot than a Supertacks or even Supreme/Vapor Fit 1. 

Not sure if True has come out and said what type of fit or last it's built off of. Also, not entirely sure that's how the final fit was supposed to feel, as this was pre baking. They are super, super light and I really like the skate otherwise. The bang for the buck @ $599 is great. 

Is Pure participating in the Rebate deal? I didn't see anything on their website (unlike IW who makes it clearly known).

3 hours ago, calixguy18 said:

In the IG video he says around July 2021.

Cool, thank you. I guess I’ll have to make mine stretch for another year.

7 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Is Pure participating in the Rebate deal? I didn't see anything on their website (unlike IW who makes it clearly known).

Im not sure. I asked a buddy who works for Pure and he said the staff was not made aware of the True rebate program.

He also mentioned Pure is not going to carry the TF7. I assume that is to prevent talking away from Bauer sales.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Im not sure. I asked a buddy who works for Pure and he said the staff was not made aware of the True rebate program.

He also mentioned Pure is not going to carry the TF7. I assume that is to prevent talking away from Bauer sales.

Lame, makes my hour drive to Ko Sports (Source for Sports franchise) all the more worth it when I need anything more than tape or just browsing to kill time.

6 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Lame, makes my hour drive to Ko Sports (Source for Sports franchise) all the more worth it when I need anything more than tape or just browsing to kill time.

The good news is IW has them and they also have a ton of AX9 sticks too which I think can be combined for the sale.

https://www.icewarehouse.com/searchresults.html#search=products&searchtext=true pro stock&opt_page=1&opt_sort=alphaAtoZ&opt_perpage=20

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

2 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

The good news is IW has them and they also have a ton of AX9 sticks too which I think can be combined for the sale.

https://www.icewarehouse.com/searchresults.html#search=products&searchtext=true pro stock&opt_page=1&opt_sort=alphaAtoZ&opt_perpage=20

Yea, that what I noticed. I haven't been to any rink/pro shop since March but wanted to make sure that what I saw on PH's website was reflective of what you'd experience in person. IW does seem to be all over it when it comes to True offerings and did notice the prostock sticks that are now on sale. It would be a good time to load up on some new gear if someone was in the market. 

On 8/8/2020 at 3:06 PM, Sniper9 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but looks like they finally added wear guards. Wonder if only for retail or the customs will have it too. Never been an issue for me but I know some complained about it.  

Where is this post from?

Howdy,

Is there any word yet if the True scanner will tell you how good a fit you'll have in a retail model / make retail model size recommendations?

Mark

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Is there any word yet if the True scanner will tell you how good a fit you'll have in a retail model / make retail model size recommendations?

Mark

Nothing planned, yet. If you already have your foot scanned there is a way to extract the measurements and using those measurements you can guestimate which skate will fit you best. 

I got a similar response from my skate guy.

I asked about how I could ensure getting a good fit into the TF7/TF9s and he said he can pull up my previous scans and if it doesn't fit then "he's not doing his job properly". But he also said that the regular measuring methods would be good enough as they are "hella mouldable".

• Haha 1

My local shop told me yesterday that they're probably not going to stock the retails until mid-fall... Wasn't really trying to drive an hour and a half to try these on. Considering ordering from IW but I'd much rather try in store. Not interested in ordering four pairs of skates

32 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

My local shop told me yesterday that they're probably not going to stock the retails until mid-fall... Wasn't really trying to drive an hour and a half to try these on. Considering ordering from IW but I'd much rather try in store. Not interested in ordering four pairs of skates

I might do exactly that. Usually what I do with Zappos, too. 

3 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I might do exactly that. Usually what I do with Zappos, too. 

What I'm worried about is having all of those skates around. I have two little prankster toddlers who manage to get into everything, but I don't have any space to hide 4 pairs of ice skates. I'll have to figure something out, but it might be worth it to just drive out to long island

Edit: nevermind, it seems like Pure hockey isn't running the rebate promotion... Meh. Maybe I'll just get Grafs. Maybe I just won't spend money on skates I don't actually need... Dilemmas, dilemmas haha

Edited by Miller55
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miller55 said:

What I'm worried about is having all of those skates around. I have two little prankster toddlers who manage to get into everything, but I don't have any space to hide 4 pairs of ice skates. I'll have to figure something out, but it might be worth it to just drive out to long island

Edit: nevermind, it seems like Pure hockey isn't running the rebate promotion... Meh. Maybe I'll just get Grafs. Maybe I just won't spend money on skates I don't actually need... Dilemmas, dilemmas haha

IW has free return shipping for rewards members. You could order a couple pairs in the sizes you think will fit best, then try them both on when they arrive, bake the one you think is the better fit and if you're right then send back the other pair. As long as the other pair isn't sharpened or used; they'll take it back. Hell, you could likely even bake them and as long as you don't sharpen or use them you might be able to return them, but YMMV on that. 

Then if you figure out your size that way and like the fit, you should still have time to order another pair before the promotion ends on Sept. 6. It's your cash, but if you're on the fence do to sizing doubts, that seems like a good option. 

40 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

IW has free return shipping for rewards members. You could order a couple pairs in the sizes you think will fit best, then try them both on when they arrive, bake the one you think is the better fit and if you're right then send back the other pair. As long as the other pair isn't sharpened or used; they'll take it back. Hell, you could likely even bake them and as long as you don't sharpen or use them you might be able to return them, but YMMV on that. 

Then if you figure out your size that way and like the fit, you should still have time to order another pair before the promotion ends on Sept. 6. It's your cash, but if you're on the fence do to sizing doubts, that seems like a good option. 

That was the plan. I actually think 3 pairs will be sufficient. My plan was to get these for the new R1s. I honestly don't need them, as I converted a pair of 1Ss to Sprungs for concrete rinks, but they are more fragile than I expected. I'm thinking about just swapping them for the R1 frames and keeping the second set of Sprungs for when my other set on my 2S Pros go.

(The other option is to keep both sets of Supremes with Sprungs for indoor and just wait till one pair is done before using the other. Then I would get the TF7s or 9s and use the R1s on those for outdoor. Not sure if it's worth it though, plus I don't really have space for another set of skates. I know myself and if I could just go try them on and walk out with them I probably would do it, but to order online and hope to get the right size, even if I can still return them, is not really that appealing to me. Then there's the added question of whether or not it is wise to drill a third set of holes in the 1Ss, or if that will affect the outsole durability and strength. My assumption is that it's fine, but I'm not sure).

• Like 1

PayPal also offers refund on return shipping on purchases made with paypal. Up to 30 bucks a return , 12 times a year. It's a great feature. Used it quite a bit lately bc of covid 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

PayPal also offers refund on return shipping on purchases made with paypal. Up to 30 bucks a return , 12 times a year. It's a great feature. Used it quite a bit lately bc of covid 

Huh, I didn't know this! Thank you!