Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
IPv6Freely

Seattle NHL Franchise

I'm not a huge fan of the logo. Like the name though, but I feel like they could have done way better on the logo. The S is clearly a nod to the history, but it also would be way better as a shoulder logo. 

image.png.795937591a862d305d0964e338f10400.png

The colors are... fine, I guess. I hated the Vegas color scheme when it was unveiled too, and now it's actually one of my favorites. So who knows.

• Like 1

The lines at the bottom is a bit unbalanced vs the arm bands. Could have used a bit of a wave there too maybe, or maybe it was a bit too much. 

The shoulder logos are a bit uninspired, could have maybe used a "K" in there or in the logo maybe. Or maybe even spell out the name somewhere. 

The Main logo itself looks good, I love the tentacle incorporated in, love the ferocity that it conveys. 

EDIT: 

Ok I will recant my judgement on the shoulder logos, it's much nicer when I saw the detailed work incorporating the Space Needle.
https://www.icethetics.com/news/release-the-kraken-seattles-nhl-team-finally-has-name

But the Wordmark is troublesome because I'm not sure if the first K is a capital or not in that font. Seeing as it's different from the 2nd K, it must be but there are not enough distinction between the two.

Edited by Giltis
  • Like 1

Howdy,

2 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I really like the logo. Let's get back to hockey boys!

Your opinion is wrong.

🙂

Love the name.  Logo is horrid.  All it makes me wonder is if the Seagrams logo guy got a new job.

Also, its the best thing ever that die hard fans will be the krak-heads.

Mark

Edited by marka

Not bad and I like the red, but seems like they should have incorporated green since every other team in Seattle has that color palate. Agree about the waist stripes not matching the arm stripes. That’s a detail that always irks me. Pants really need a stripe on them

the whole ‘krak house’ and ‘krak heads’ is absolutely hilarious!! Can’t believe no one caught that (or cared) during focus groups 

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Your opinion is wrong.

🙂

Love the name.  Logo is horrid.  All it makes me wonder is if the Seagrams logo guy got a new job.

Also, its the best thing ever that die hard fans will be the krak-heads.

Mark

Well, your opinion is wrong too then haha. And by the way, Seagrams is a quality item!

3 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

As someone who lived in Seattle for a long while I must admit I am disappointed in the team and arena name. 

As a former native, what name would you want instead?

• Like 1

I think it was a great execution. The use of negative space for the tentacle is a great touch, and with the right embroidery the crest would pop on the jersey. 

Not a fan of the thin hem stripe which looks wavy due to the shape of the hem. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Well, your opinion is wrong too then haha. And by the way, Seagrams is a quality item!

As a former native, what name would you want instead?

I would have loved the Admirals or something more sea focused and not a fictional animal or creature. Something that would have paid homage to the Pacific Northwest. We have the Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, and so many other great names and now the Kraken who play at Climate Pledge Arena??? No thanks. 

I understand there is already the Milwaukee Admirals, in fact, they are among my favorite for both logo and colorways.