Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

True sticks’ whippiness and durability

I have an A5.2 95 that feels pretty true to the rated flex.  Durability has been fine for me.  I do tape the entire blade and have never had blade issues with any brand.

2 hours ago, boo10 said:

I have an A5.2 95 that feels pretty true to the rated flex.  Durability has been fine for me.  I do tape the entire blade and have never had blade issues with any brand.

Ok. I can’t tape my blade but I might have to try it out

Mine broke on the first shift I had with it... obviously got warrantied but I moved on from it pretty quick so can't answer that sorry.

40 minutes ago, Hills said:

Mine broke on the first shift I had with it... obviously got warrantied but I moved on from it pretty quick so can't answer that sorry.

Well I guess that does answer my question. I’ve had a few teammates with blade issues but I wasn’t sure if it was a fluke and a review i watched the guy broke one on his third shift

5 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

Well I guess that does answer my question. I’ve had a few teammates with blade issues but I wasn’t sure if it was a fluke and a review i watched the guy broke one on his third shift

Well... I need to correct my statement as I misremembered I guess. I am the same person that did that review so...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hills said:

Well... I need to correct my statement as I misremembered I guess. I am the same person that did that review so...

That’s lit

The reality of comp sticks is that sometimes they break super quickly and totally randomly. That's why they have warranties. I would venture to guess that everyone on here knows someone who broke even a stick that's known to be a tank. There's a difference between durability and fluke breaks.

I bought 2 TPS tricore3s about 15 years ago or something (whenever they came out). One broke within a week or so, maybe 5 sessions (2 games, 2 practices, one pickup) judging from how often I played then. The other is still going strong and is my go to shaft. I have probably used over 100 abs blades in it. Both 75 flex, and when I broke the first one I must have weighed 135lbs, and now I weigh 195, and it's fine. (The shop warranted the first one BTW, but if it remember correctly they didn't have another one in Reg flex, so I opted for a different model, probably a redlite). My point is that durability shouldn't be judged by fluke breaks common to all comp sticks. In my eyes it's more about how long did the shaft and blade last on one that didn't just randomly snap. I never owned one, but everyone I know that uses them likes them very much. That said, should you drop to a whippier flex? That's your call really

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, Miller55 said:

The reality of comp sticks is that sometimes they break super quickly and totally randomly. That's why they have warranties. I would venture to guess that everyone on here knows someone who broke even a stick that's known to be a tank. There's a difference between durability and fluke breaks.

I bought 2 TPS tricore3s about 15 years ago or something (whenever they came out). One broke within a week or so, maybe 5 sessions (2 games, 2 practices, one pickup) judging from how often I played then. The other is still going strong and is my go to shaft. I have probably used over 100 abs blades in it. Both 75 flex, and when I broke the first one I must have weighed 135lbs, and now I weigh 195, and it's fine. (The shop warranted the first one BTW, but if it remember correctly they didn't have another one in Reg flex, so I opted for a different model, probably a redlite). My point is that durability shouldn't be judged by fluke breaks common to all comp sticks. In my eyes it's more about how long did the shaft and blade last on one that didn't just randomly snap. I never owned one, but everyone I know that uses them likes them very much. That said, should you drop to a whippier flex? That's your call really

How much does flex matter for face offs?

52 minutes ago, getthekidthepuck said:

I've always been under the impression that the stiffer the stick the better it is.on face offs.

That’s what I would think. I’m not sure if going down in flex would be bad. What I’m using right now is already a little low for my weight and strength but I can rip all shots with it