Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Bladetech Initial Thoughts

On 2/15/2023 at 11:04 AM, JHill said:

Great detail on the elasticity responses!  How about the DLC?  Does that have similar elastic points, or can that tend to crack and spiderweb over time at the flex points?

The DLC is about a micron thick, it will not change the way the blade works, except for that it will hold the edges longer and you wont need to sharpen as much. We havent experienced a single issue of the DLC cracking on the steel, hope it stays that way 😄

I have the non-polished standard steel. Literally used twice and then taken out of my steel rotation because I decided to go back to my old profile, but wasn't ready to grind over the one it came with, as I like to go back and forth for experimental purposes sometimes. 

Anyway, I went to fish them out today and found quite a bit of rust... The blade was even pitted at one point .

Has anyone else experienced this? All the other sets of steel right next to this pair were fine... To be sure, my basement is very cool and dry.

Edited by pgeorgan