Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
justinpryor

Looking for undershirt to help with moving elbows

Just looking for any help on tight base layer shirt with grip on the elbow and arms. Cant seem to find anything and on my right hand when shooting elbows always move. doesnt seem to matter which elbow I have. 

anything online, or store or brand would help alot or if you have thoughts on how you may have solved this. 

Thanks

i have an under armour shirt that has this rubbery ridging on the elbow area to help with this.  it feels weird wearing it though so i went back to a regular compression fit shirt

I just got the 2xpro and before that the 2spro. both same issue. wearing a med, small way to small, large to big, so fit seems right. 

I also used to have a grey under armor with far more grip on the sleeves but they dont seem to make it any more and the current ones have a lot less its to bad. 

Ill look into shock doctor thanks. 

2 hours ago, the iceman said:

Shock Doctor makes a hockey shirt that has grip material that supposedly helps keep the pads in place when the sleeves are rolled back.

just found this online, thanks even says has a zone to prevent this, going to order one now. 

14 hours ago, justinpryor said:

just found this online, thanks even says has a zone to prevent this, going to order one now. 

The Shock Doctor is great, works really well and overall is a great shirt (very breathable and well made).  I had the same issue with elbow pads never staying in place but, after trying a handful of models and sizes I got a pair that fits me great and I no longer need the shirt to help me out (my issue is I have skinny arms, the pads that fit length wise never fit snugly enough until I started sewing the straps to be shorter to give me a more snug fit, also I just found a style that fits my arms well which happened to be a traditional one piece JDP cap style instead of the 3 piece floating style I used to prefer).

On 7/31/2020 at 7:33 PM, Jbear said:

I wear Warrior long sleeved base.  It has rubberized material on the sleeves. My elbows stay put.

thanks i will look into this as well as another to try 

On 7/28/2020 at 1:02 PM, justinpryor said:

Just looking for any help on tight base layer shirt with grip on the elbow and arms. Cant seem to find anything and on my right hand when shooting elbows always move. doesnt seem to matter which elbow I have. 

anything online, or store or brand would help alot or if you have thoughts on how you may have solved this. 

Thanks

did you try other brands?

2 hours ago, iceman8310 said:

did you try other brands?

Most do not have grip or enough grp on the area that i have seen in stores. Thats why was looking for the suggestions. Did not know shock doctor made a shirt for an example. 

The old under armor used to be much better for this but the new stuff doesn't have the same grip any more. I should have just bought the old shirts and stocked up

On 7/31/2020 at 7:33 PM, Jbear said:

I wear Warrior long sleeved base.  It has rubberized material on the sleeves. My elbows stay put.

i was looking at this on warriors website but picture doesnt show much, is it the current model or older one? if you had any more info or a link to what you bought would appreciate it. 

On 8/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, Jbear said:

I was getting them from Monkey on clearance...they may have discontinued. I didn't think about that. 

ah that sucks. usually what happens when we find gear we love!

I use the UA shirt with the grip on the arms. It works really well. The shirt itself is better than anything I have used. Wish I would have bought two.

just leaving this here to ensure you’re using it properly. You roll the shirt over the forearm portion of the pad, not back over the shirt. A few posts made it sound like guys were rolling the shirt over on itself

On 8/7/2020 at 5:27 AM, stick9 said:

I use the UA shirt with the grip on the arms. It works really well. The shirt itself is better than anything I have used. Wish I would have bought two.

I had the black and grey ones similar with alot of grip lasted years but finally toast and they dont make them anymore.