Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
nutters

Quarantine/Post-Quarantine purchases

With arenas beginning to open and leagues starting up, has anyone purchased new gear during the quarantine or now plan on treating themselves prior to your seasons starting? I was going to buy new shin pads a few weeks ago, but I ran my running shoes into the ground within two months so I needed a new pair and put the shin pads on hold. So I'll probably be getting new shins soon.... and maybe a stick because why not?

So how about all of you, upgrading or rewarding yourselves for not going too crazy?

Too many to list...

To answer the question though: bought and mounted 2 pairs of sprungs on a pair of 1s and 2s pro Supremes and I pre ordered marsblades R1 frames. And I ordered 3 new sticks Easton pro stock v9es for about 90 bucks each. Some new outdoor wheels and blades if you count just the functional stuff to get through lockdown too. Plus a few green biscuit pucks, the ones for shooting. About a grand total.

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 1

To be honest, quarantine has just had me shift what I’ve been spending on, and I’m still trying to pair down my hockey collection to a more reasonable size. When things do open back up around here I’ll probably get some shoulders and a new helmet by years end, but It’s just going to be using money from stuff I sell. 
ive really been paring down across the board 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stewie said:

To be honest, quarantine has just had me shift what I’ve been spending on, and I’m still trying to pair down my hockey collection to a more reasonable size. When things do open back up around here I’ll probably get some shoulders and a new helmet by years end, but It’s just going to be using money from stuff I sell. 
ive really been paring down across the board 

Yup. I sold about a dozen pairs of old roller skates at the very beginning of the shutdown and another dozen shafts with ABS blades. I would love to get rid of some of these gloves though. I've got about 10-12 pairs that I'm almost ready to give away. 

Outside of the Marsblade R1, the only thing I expect to purchase are a pair of ice hockey skates to convert to inline. I don't expect to play any form of hockey any time soon. I'm at the point now that I may sell of my current equipment (along with other equipment that I don't use any more) and look to upgrade some time in 2021.

With the exception of another pair of gloves and a jersey or two, I’ve been pretty good with not buying ice equipment during quarantine. Roller on the other hand... got one new pair of skates, converted another pair to Marsblade O1, have another pair waiting for the R1, think I’ve tried out 3 sets of wheels, picked up a pair of sticks, and some off ice training tools. Whether you see it as a pro or a con, I’ll likely be using the roller gear a lot more in the near future. Not sure when I’ll be back on the ice which sucks 

13 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I went the other direction. I spent the money I had been saving up for goalie pads on an espresso machine instead! 

What’d you get? What coffee do you use?

Picked up some CCM Jetspeed FT1 elbow pads from Sportium online for 90 CDN (67 USD).  Sportium is a sporting goods store based out of Quebec that is closing due to covid so they had clearance on some items.  They have a pair of FT1 gloves for 131 CDN (99 USD), but I held off.  

Also picked up a pair of Easton Synergy GX shin guards from sidelineswap for 25 USD.  The seller only used it for a single practice so they are like new.  

Edited by CaptainCharisma

16 hours ago, CaptainCharisma said:

Picked up some CCM Jetspeed FT1 elbow pads from Sportium online for 90 CDN (67 USD).  Sportium is a sporting goods store based out of Quebec that is closing due to covid so they had clearance on some items.  They have a pair of FT1 gloves for 131 CDN (99 USD), but I held off.  

Also picked up a pair of Easton Synergy GX shin guards from sidelineswap for 25 USD.  The seller only used it for a single practice so they are like new.  

There are some good deals on that site on Bauer 2s protective. But it says that the inventory isnt listed online? What do you do call them?

7 minutes ago, getthekidthepuck said:

There are some good deals on that site on Bauer 2s protective. But it says that the inventory isnt listed online? What do you do call them?

Not sure.  I think they used to list the inventory in the retail stores, which is no longer the case now.  Everything you see is the stuff they have in stock at their warehouse, so just add it to cart and purchase.  

Looks like there is still Bauer 2S products.      

Bauer 2S products:  https://www.sportium.ca/en/shop?q=bauer+2s

Edited by CaptainCharisma
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CaptainCharisma said:

I was in the Laval one a couple of weeks ago and they still had a lot of hockey stuff left. Especially sticks, to think that many people are avoiding top end sticks at 60% off because it's still almost $200 after taxes.

I went on a bit of a a bender....

Ez-Goal- full size metal goal with attached netting, so when I miss it doesn’t take out a neighbor’s window. This was a GREAT purchase, super recommended if you’re looking for an at home goal. 

Gloves:

STX Stallion 2.1 for shooting outside. 

Bauer 2sPro that I got used for like $30 in great condition. They are stock blue (like royal blue, not navy) and yellow.

CCM HGTK Penguins gloves my wife got me for birthday. Love the white cuff on black glove. 

QLT elbows, lightly used. Kinda kicking tires on new elbows and these were cheap. I now own QLT elbows, gloves, and shinguards. I haven’t been thrilled with the quality of the gloves and shins, not sure why I’m still on this QLT road. 

Socks:

Black socks with a weird blue and yellow honeycomb print. Bees!! 
Block socks with green sticks in a sorta celctic pattern with small orange&white stripes. Might not keep these. They were a gift and I’m not Irish or into Irish culture...

Sticks:

Warrior Alpha DX Pro stick. 75flex, w88. Super stoked to eventually use this. 

Easton Synegy 40 75flex, e36 for shooting outside. 

Labels outdoor wheels, 82a

and sprung for new laces for my roller blades since the ones on there were probably 15 years old. 

I've bought nothing. I had bought what I needed last year and still have stuff leftover, like tape, and gear is still in great condition from playing once a week.

• Like 1