Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Strange11

Crazy Light vs RBZ elbow pads

Getting new elbow pads and have found both CL's and RBZ's, is there any major reason to choose one over the other? I wear SuperTacks right now.

Just found this site recently so apologies if this has been brought up somewhere before.Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Strange11 said:

Getting new elbow pads and have found both CL's and RBZ's, is there any major reason to choose one over the other? I wear SuperTacks right now.

Just found this site recently so apologies if this has been brought up somewhere before.Thanks!

Found them new? If so, where? I love the RBZ. 

I've had RBZ, CL, and Jetspeed (and actually have ST now which is very different)... all (aside from the ST) are basically the same design just slight variations in straps and materials but overall no major differences from what I could tell owning and wearing them all.  I actually preferred the older RBZ style straps the most compared to the others but did find them all to run on the short side if that makes a difference.  If I were you I'd go for whichever looks to be cleaner and in better shape.

Whichever stinks less, since they're pretty similar design from what I remember. I had CL that I sold pretty quickly for some reason and rbz 150, which was not top of the line. They were similar style though. I would just pick whichever are less stinky. Sounds funny but I find used pads to be gross. I guess if you have no choice you gotta do what you gotta do

2 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Whichever stinks less, since they're pretty similar design from what I remember. I had CL that I sold pretty quickly for some reason and rbz 150, which was not top of the line. They were similar style though. I would just pick whichever are less stinky. Sounds funny but I find used pads to be gross. I guess if you have no choice you gotta do what you gotta do

I sometimes like used gear since its already broken in. It has to be in good condition though. I have access to a professional cleaner for hockey gear so I am not too worried about it being stinky 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I sometimes like used gear since its already broken in. It has to be in good condition though. I have access to a professional cleaner for hockey gear so I am not too worried about it being stinky 😉 

Some of have to wash gear the old fashioned way... And for some reason you can always kinda smell the other dude, no matter how many times you wash it. I bought one pair of used shins once. Never again. All I can say is that I had some mice infesting my kitchen. After I left those pads out there were no more mice. True story

Personally I preferred the RBZ over the CL. Slight improvement in comfort for me, but this is only going off trying the CL on in store as I had a choice to get them on clearance or RBZ full retail. I don’t like CCMs most current line of protective, so have switched to STX elbows (although still have two pairs of RBZ) 

On 7/31/2020 at 7:40 PM, Miller55 said:

Some of have to wash gear the old fashioned way... And for some reason you can always kinda smell the other dude, no matter how many times you wash it. I bought one pair of used shins once. Never again. All I can say is that I had some mice infesting my kitchen. After I left those pads out there were no more mice. True story

Try "Sport Wash" from Amazon, it works wonders and is relatively cheap for how much you get/how long it will last.  It doesn't have any fragrance like regular detergents and doesn't have any fabric softeners and is UV free so it really cleans out any moisture wicking materials and makes them smell fresh again (regular detergents and anything with fabric softener will clog the pores of moisture wicking materials and lock smell in).  I wash my gear (everything except helmet, skates, and gloves) in the stuff and it's awesome, been using it for years now.... I also wash any used gear I get right away in it to get rid of whatever smell might be there.

• Thanks 1

I think both were top of the line back in the day and elbow pads have not really changed for at least the last seven years.  So...  go with the CL:)