Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Tucker16

What elbow pad do you guys recommend?

I currently wear 2S Pros but . They keep digging into my upper arm leaving a bruise if I fall or get hit there. I feel it’s a fit issue. If anyone has a solution  I’d be happy to hear it as I love the feel of the pads. I had a severely broken elbow 2 years ago and want the best protection I can get.  I’ve narrowed it down to a few choices. 

Bauer 1X Lite

CCM Jetspeed FT1

CCM Ultra Tacks/super tacks 

CCM 20K 
Reebok 20K (not sure the difference both are used online  I wore 11ks a long time ago so am curious)

RBK 7k (probably not because the one I found condition is rough but I’d like people’s opinions) 

jofa 9177 (dunno about the long feature on them) 

Any other suggestions or how to stop my supremes from bruising my arm? 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, mojo122 said:

I'd stay away from the 1X Lite.  I've seen a fair number of strap failures on that pad (including mine).

I feel like people are killing Bauer shins and elbows lately. They maybe will get positive remarks for being light, but very few good marks for protection or build. 

Yeah I’ve been leaning to the ultra tacks Or 20kTo be honest. They look fairly similar. The ultra tacks  were on clearance at a store here but just sold out online. Would like to try it first but if it’s not possible I’ll order either or. Good to know about the straps on the Bauer’s. Lucky my supremes have been good

Try a bunch on and make your own decisions... they all fit differently and will protect in different ways depending how they sit on your particular arm.  I used to swear by the 3 pc models (RBZ, CL, Jetspeed) but then tried out Super Tacks (more traditional style elbow pad) and found they fit my arm better and even stay in place better (after I modded the straps to be shorter since I have skinny arms which I've pretty much done to any elbow pads I've owned).  If you're looking for something nice to try that's on sale you can look at the STX HPR's, they have a 50% off sale going now.

14 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

jofa 9177 (dunno about the long feature on them) 

I love these. There are several different model numbers that are identical for all intents and purposes and I believe they all come in regular and with the longer forearm pad. I use 9144 regulars to practice, play in 5066 longs, and use 8044 (with the plastic caps) in wheels on concrete.  

1 hour ago, YesLanges said:

I love these. There are several different model numbers that are identical for all intents and purposes and I believe they all come in regular and with the longer forearm pad. I use 9144 regulars to practice, play in 5066 longs, and use 8044 (with the plastic caps) in wheels on concrete.  

The jofa numbering confuses me so bad. There’s a few pairs if jofa pads I’m looking at but I’m not sure which ones or pro stock or rent just a retail low end pair.They are expensive so that’s why I’m leaning towards tacks as I can try it on. But good to see they are great if I decide to go that way.  

4 hours ago, SirJW said:

Sounds like you have to bite the bullet and go into a shop and try them on. 

yeah. The ones I want no stores in my city have the ones I’m looking for.

And the other issue is the 2S felt fine but I didn’t realize it was going to dig in and cause bruises. I’m just a bit wary. It sucks because I love the pad I really do but the bruise is nasty and playing especially on my right arm hurts. It never really heals. 

• Like 1

I went from the FT1 to the 2SPro after also trying the AS1'S.  Left the FT1 cuz the forearm protection was lacking, but they were very comfortable. Liked the AS1 but one major flaw...my elbow didn't sit deeply enough in the pocket (yes...the correct size) and my inner joint was exposed...a shot or slash would have been disastrous. The 2S Pro is perfect for me. 

Sounds like you would like the FT1's or Warrior equivalent. Just be aware that a big whack on the forearm is gonna hurt (with the FT1)...unlike the other two.

Edited by Jbear

3 hours ago, Jbear said:

I went from the FT1 to the 2SPro after also trying the AS1'S.  Left the FT1 cuz the forearm protection was lacking, but they were very comfortable. Liked the AS1 but one major flaw...my elbow didn't sit deeply enough in the pocket (yes...the correct size) and my inner joint was exposed...a shot or slash would have been disastrous. The 2S Pro is perfect for me. 

Sounds like you would like the FT1's or Warrior equivalent. Just be aware that a big whack on the forearm is gonna hurt (with the FT1)...unlike the other two.

Yeah that’s why I didn’t buy QLT at the time. I like the forearm protection. I’m miffed that my 2S cause me pain when I fall. They are amazing fit wise. The slash guard is amazing. I don’t want any pad with that sleeve. I tried 1S on and HATED IT. So I don’t want DX. yeah I may stop into the pro shop I bought them at and see if there’s something I’m adjusting wrong. I don’t want to get rid of them but this is the 4-5 time I’ve had a massive bruise and pain getting hit or falling on the side of my arm