Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Will Lemmink

Hoplite and Verbero puck

Hey y'all, Thanks to your comments I decides to test the Verbero puck and the new hoplite puck. I was impressed with how well the Verbero puck slid but the bouncing after ringing off the post or boards was killing me at times. I really was overall impressed with the hoplite puck! Hoping good things for the future of it!

• Like 3

Awesome video. I agree, the verbero aeropuck feels very light, which I think is the source for the issues with feel and unpredictable bouncing. 

How durable does the hoplite puck feel? I someone shoot around against a handball wall and would be worried about the internal mechanics getting jostled pet badly. I usually use my old Sonic pucks for that, but most one piece pucks do fine.

Now you need to try the Green biscuits

Edited by Miller55

23 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Awesome video. I agree, the verbero aeropuck feels very light, which I think is the source for the issues with feel and unpredictable bouncing. 

How durable does the hoplite puck feel? I someone shoot around against a handball wall and would be worried about the internal mechanics getting jostled pet badly. I usually use my old Sonic pucks for that, but most one piece pucks do fine.

The aero puck did feel a bit light I almost bet you could find away to shoot a curve puck. Through about a month of use the hoplite has held up fine so far. I don't think durability will be too much of a concern, I've hammered a couple slapshots on the post without a problem. I'll have to post a long term update.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2020 at 1:18 PM, Miller55 said:

We were very aware of the abuse the puck would take. So before we launched we created some unusual tests to evaluate the internal parts: https://www.facebook.com/610421699096174/videos/2392684927433016  The video shows 1/2 of the gyro being tested. In field tests, so far, we haven't had any gyro failures reported.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hoplitepuck inventor said:

We were very aware of the abuse the puck would take. So before we launched we created some unusual tests to evaluate the internal parts: https://www.facebook.com/610421699096174/videos/2392684927433016  The video shows 1/2 of the gyro being tested. In field tests, so far, we haven't had any gyro failures reported.

I was honestly asking superficially, just about the plastic outer

I bought a handful of Verbero pucks when they were on sale and I had brought them to one of my inline games and at least one of them cracked during warmups haha. Maybe I got a bad batch but I wouldn't look to buy them again. 

On 8/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I bought a handful of Verbero pucks when they were on sale and I had brought them to one of my inline games and at least one of them cracked during warmups haha. Maybe I got a bad batch but I wouldn't look to buy them again. 

I played a few pickup games awhile ago and brought 4 Verbero pucks. Two of them broke completely in half within 2 or 3 games. I would not recommend them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xyphox said:

I played a few pickup games awhile ago and brought 4 Verbero pucks. Two of them broke completely in half within 2 or 3 games. I would not recommend them.

I’m starting to find small breaks in the rubber in 1 of my 3 pucks. I’m wondering If it’s just aging plastic? Not sure though. I did have an old one last over a year. I’ll have to do a long term update eventually. These pucks haven’t been made for years.

Edited by Will Lemmink

On 8/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, Hoplitepuck inventor said:

Ok, I saw the words "internal mechanics" and took that as a reference to the gyro. For the outer housing, we know all inline pucks have failures, so we expect to be competitive to the most popular pucks on the markets.

I see how that was confusing. I meant how protective the outer would be of the internal mechanism, in the sense that the other might crack really easily and expose the insides. I had already watched the video about the gyro. Thanks

Re the verbero pucks, I have never broken one and used them for indoor pickup games that we used to organize. 

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, Miller55 said:

I see how that was confusing. I meant how protective the outer would be of the internal mechanism, in the sense that the other might crack really easily and expose the insides. I had already watched the video about the gyro. Thanks

Re the verbero pucks, I have never broken one and used them for indoor pickup games that we used to organize. 

Weird, the ones that broke on me were brand new. They were used indoors as well. Now that I think about it I think it was both of the dark green ones that broke and the red ones didn't break.

Edited by xyphox

1 hour ago, xyphox said:

Weird, the ones that broke on me were brand new. They were used indoors as well. Now that I think about it I think it was both of the dark green ones that broke and the red ones didn't break.

The translucent green ones? 

2 hours ago, xyphox said:

Yes.

Yeah they do feel like a different material, a more brittle plastic. I can see how those might crack easier. The glow in the dark ones are good though