Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jordan_Rex

STEP BLACKSTEEL for Bauer LS EDGE (where can I get it?)

On 8/14/2020 at 9:23 PM, stick9 said:

They're better off having Step available at a reasonable upcharge at the point of sale. You get most of the sales without the added cost and BS. 

But more importantly, that premium brand stays premium. No one is questioning whether or not CCM is making crap steel and marking it "STEP" cuz they can.

Exactly.  The only way they can achieve cost savings is if they move the premium steel production overseas.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:59 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

It would cost them less to mass produce one product and fewer options (stainless and PVD/DLC) as opposed to multiple products and multiple options.

Streamlining manufacturing and offering a better product, compared to competitors would allow them to lower manufacturing costs while providing a better product to consumers. 

Yeah, that's pretty much what the story was when manufacturers outsourced.  The part where the consumers continue to pay higher prices despite the cost savings is left out, though.

On 8/15/2020 at 1:59 AM, SkateWorksPNW said:

It would cost them less to mass produce one product and fewer options (stainless and PVD/DLC) as opposed to multiple products and multiple options.

Streamlining manufacturing and offering a better product, compared to competitors  would allow them to lower manufacturing costs while providing a better product to consumers. 

It's also a huge selling point regardless of the model of skate and age category. 

Lower manufacturing costs from reduced sku doesn't mean shit if you baseline everything on a premium product. Raw mat costs will increase in this paradigm (probably manufacturing costs too).

Consolidation of skus gives the manufacturer substantive benefit when you see consolidation within a price point, or can convert enough market share into a new one by reduction of the number of price points.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:17 AM, Jordan_Rex said:

Just to let you guys know, I got the blades a week and a half ago and they are just a sight for sore eyes, Black Beauties! Thanks again for the help!!!!!

Yeah, same, from the eBay seller with 0 feedback, ordered a 2nd set in the next size for the kids after the 1st order was successful.

I've got two pairs of Blacksteels and one Tydan DLC all Lightspeed Edge 263.  Since I'm rotating the three and was only using them to coach...their pretty much new.  I sold my 2xPro Vapes, so if you want them...holla. 

On 9/10/2020 at 8:54 PM, Roseau_8 said:

Yeah, same, from the eBay seller with 0 feedback, ordered a 2nd set in the next size for the kids after the 1st order was successful.

Ended up grabbing what looks to be his last set of 280.  Thanks for sharing the info.

On 9/25/2020 at 8:07 PM, Robertwil18 said:

I picked up 6 pair of regular and black step steel recently, so I'll be all set for a good while, provided i stick with the LS Edge holders. 

That'd be my luck, stock up on overpriced runners and then the kids go to CCM or Bauer makes a change.

22 minutes ago, Roseau_8 said:

That'd be my luck, stock up on overpriced runners and then the kids go to CCM or Bauer makes a change.

A local store purchased around 20k worth of STEP for the LS Edge holders. I totally understand STEP is good quality but that just seems like a stupid investment.

Probably the wrong thread, or maybe not, but how are the Pulse TI runners comparing to the LS5 (hopefully better), STEP, and the various other aftermarket offerings?  I see new sets of Pulse TI runners for sale out of the package, assume removed from factory equipped skates and replaced with STEP for high level players?

1 hour ago, Roseau_8 said:

Probably the wrong thread, or maybe not, but how are the Pulse TI runners comparing to the LS5 (hopefully better), STEP, and the various other aftermarket offerings?  I see new sets of Pulse TI runners for sale out of the package, assume removed from factory equipped skates and replaced with STEP for high level players?

Probably should start a new thread specifically for the Pulse steel.