Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sniper9

Michael Grabners visor

What's going on here? What kind of spacer is that? I see he used the stock helmet mounts to mount the spacer on. But then it also looks like his Oakley aviator visor has custom drilled holes. Doesn't even look like the visor has the stock holes in them. 

vXMmZFh.jpg8AOFgib.jpg

• Like 1

Marc Staal had this on his helmet at some point too. He might still even use it. Figured it keeps the visor totally secure to the helmet and won't move at all. Both players had pretty bad eye injuries and I'm sure they don't want the visor moving at any point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldCY said:

Marc Staal had this on his helmet at some point too. He might still even use it. Figured it keeps the visor totally secure to the helmet and won't move at all. Both players had pretty bad eye injuries and I'm sure they don't want the visor moving at any point.

You're right Staal does still use it, I always thought his looked a little goofy but now seeing it on Grabner I think it's just the helmet that looks goofy because it looks a lot better on the V08.

marc-staal.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Edited by xstartxtodayx

Just based on watching all the games, it looks like the spacer is attached to the helmet and then separate screw(s) attach the visor to the spacer. 

• Like 1

I wish they still made them. That system was much better than the slots, didn’t need to re-tighten the screws all the time.

3 hours ago, JSK81 said:

I wish they still made them. That system was much better than the slots, didn’t need to re-tighten the screws all the time.

Ya never understood why they just didn't have a few holes vs slots. Some visors still have a number of diff holes but it's very rare. 

But regardless of holes or slots, you can still tilt it if it's not really cranked down. Only thing the holes are better for imo are lining up a each side easier, and not having the visor move and and out if it's not right. 

Last visors I've mounted though, I've used some blue loctite.