Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ggmunsen

Cooper 4500 Helmet making a return

15 hours ago, boo10 said:

The greatest skate ever made.

A little too high cut, but the best boot cut that high, probably. Insanely heavy too, compared to older Graf 703s. For my taste.

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

A little too high cut, but the best boot cut that high, probably. Insanely heavy too, compared to older Graf 703s. For my taste.

The Micron Mega 10-90's that I had were notched below the 3rd eyelet, so they had excellent ankle mobility.  They were heavy by today's standards, but were lighter than the Supreme models of the same era, (at least by my memory).  I had them for 15 years and given the choice, I would still wear them over anything on the market today.

Edited by boo10

2 hours ago, boo10 said:

The Micron Mega 10-90's that I had were notched below the 3rd eyelet, so they had excellent ankle mobility.  They were heavy by today's standards, but were lighter than the Supreme models of the same era, (at least by my memory).  I had them for 15 years and given the choice, I would still wear them over anything on the market today.

Air 90 had that great flex hinge instead of the notch. I still felt like my ankle was being grabbed by a bony ghost. But if a skate’s gonna go that high, that’s the way to do it.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:57 PM, BenBreeg said:

SK2000 and SK600 were the Coopers I remember.  Would love some gloves though.

Winnwell/Cooper/Bauer SK2000 are the best! I had an old one from my Dad that I wore until the interior padding was so hard/yellow/disgusting it was dangerous and leaving flakes in my hair. SK600 is dusty, but Gretzky wore one in his youth, so gets a pass.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:22 AM, start_today said:

In that vein, modsquad users, aging hockey nerds of the internet, what “vintage” gear do you want to see reissued? Either updated for modern play, or manufactured as was. And you can define “vintage” however you want. 

A good quality Cooper SK200 helmet &/or the Gretzky bucket.
Classic Jofa/RBK Elbows that nearly everyone wants, can't find, and pros still wear (7k Pro?).

Totally biased opinion:

I'm ok with "updated for modern play", but for something like shoulders I hate the huge bulky midsections/breast-plate, collar, and weigh-adding features. Like instead of super light plastic shoulder caps they wrap the cap in foam and material that is heavier and absorbs heavy moisture on the ice. I would prefer a classic look, and "updated materials for beer league performance". Like Erik Karlsson's frankenstein Eagle shoulders with Bauer Vapor caps: Mobile, light, only protective where they need to be and "classic".

Not just slapping a retro name on low-end gear.

brent-burns-and-son-jagger-and-erik-karl

• Like 2