Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
DarkStar50

Sher-Wood .....Again

3 hours ago, Miller55 said:

I'd be down for Sherwood to release all their comp sticks with wood graphics packages. The ek15 was sick with the wood graphic

Same here. I love my EK15. It’s an amazing stick and the graphic is so cool. I get a lot of people asking if it’s wood haha 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 4:04 PM, CaptainCharisma said:

Sher-wood was the first brand to have a sub-400 g stick in the Rekker EK15 but unfortunately it doesn't seem like they've made too much innovations since then.

How well received was the Rekker EK15 when it came out?  I bought the wood graphic version on clearance a few years afterwards.  Great look but par for the course in terms of performance.    

"Innovation" in sticks is overrated. It's all about marketing. Sticks plateaued in technology 10 years ago, and everything ever since has basically been marketing buzzwords. If Sherwood doesn't succeed, it isn't because of quality or value. They have/had the best 150$ stick in the industry with the T90 Gen 2 (true A4.5 is close), and their BPM120 gloves are truly elite for the price. I think their grassroots move away from the NHL and towards rec and minor leagues was smart, and I don't know if their return to the NHL is a good move.

P.S. whoever was responsible for the graphic design of the new Code V stick needs to be fired immediately.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrData said:

"Innovation" in sticks is overrated. It's all about marketing. Sticks plateaued in technology 10 years ago, and everything ever since has basically been marketing buzzwords. If Sherwood doesn't succeed, it isn't because of quality or value. They have/had the best 150$ stick in the industry with the T90 Gen 2 (true A4.5 is close), and their BPM120 gloves are truly elite for the price. I think their grassroots move away from the NHL and towards rec and minor leagues was smart, and I don't know if their return to the NHL is a good move.

P.S. whoever was responsible for the graphic design of the new Code V stick needs to be fired immediately.

Not only the design of the stick but all their protective. Made me not want to try the new stick at all. 

2 hours ago, MrData said:

I picked up the BPM120 gloves on boxing day a few years back.  Best purchase I made that year.  They are on clearance at Sportchek for 20 bucks CDN but now sold out.  

On 8/25/2020 at 1:04 PM, CaptainCharisma said:

Sher-wood was the first brand to have a sub-400 g stick in the Rekker EK15...

Late to the party on this and surprised that @JR Boucicautof all people missed this.

Your statement is INCORRECT and by MANY years.  It was TPS Hockey with the first true sub 400g OPS in late 2003 with the Response XN10.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mario123 said:

Absolutely loved the XN10. I had a couple of them. Would it be possible to find any of these new anywhere? 

Break open your piggy bank and also find out whatever favors you can do for @JunkyardAthletic, I think he might have a few, also the line forms to the left so get behind me 😁.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mario123 said:

Absolutely loved the XN10. I had a couple of them. Would it be possible to find any of these new anywhere? 

Not a chance. I have 2 in pretty good condition but I wouldn't sell either of them, and I would expect that if you ever met anyone else who has one they're also not looking to sell ever

17 hours ago, Mario123 said:

Those twigs were great.   I had about 9 of them and gave two of the XN10 Chrome sticks to my godson.  He promptly broke them within a 2-3 week span playing HS hockey due to his style of play

On 9/21/2020 at 5:09 PM, epstud74 said:

Those twigs were great.   I had about 9 of them and gave two of the XN10 Chrome sticks to my godson.  He promptly broke them within a 2-3 week span playing HS hockey due to his style of play

The chrome XN10s (Made in China) weren't as good as the Made in USA and Made in Canada XN10s.  That is a FACT!  The chrome stick didn't have nearly as nice pop or balance + weight of the domestic sticks.

Also a fact; the XN10 was supposed to be chrome to begin with and not 2.5-3 years later.  Was told it couldn't be done at the time...

Edited by IPv6Freely
Removed selling outside of Gear Exchange
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

The chrome XN10s (Made in China) weren't as good as the Made in USA and Made in Canada XN10s.  That is a FACT!  The chrome stick didn't have nearly as nice pop or balance + weight of the domestic sticks.

Also a fact; the XN10 was supposed to be chrome to begin with and not 2.5-3 years later.  Was told it couldn't be done at the time...

The blade on the chrome Chinese ones was terrible, soft and weak.

I didn't have any problems with them.  Pretty good wrist shots but my godson used them more than I did.  I think I still have one of the black/gold ones downstairs

National Sports in Canada has the limited leather edition BPM 120 gloves for $40 CDN.  Unfortunately they only ship to Canada at this time. 

They only made 100 of each color, and the inside of the cuff has the # /100.  Also only in 14" sadly, but pretty neat vintage look.      

https://www.nationalsports.com/collections/senior-hockey-gloves/products/sherwood-bpm-120-sr-hockey-gloves-14-inch-black-red-white

https://www.nationalsports.com/collections/senior-hockey-gloves/products/sherwood-bpm-120-sr-hockey-gloves-14-inch-navy-red-white

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CaptainCharisma said:

National Sports in Canada has the limited leather edition BPM 120 gloves for $40 CDN.  Unfortunately they only ship to Canada at this time. 

They only made 100 of each color, and the inside of the cuff has the # /100.  Also only in 14" sadly, but pretty neat vintage look.      

https://www.nationalsports.com/collections/senior-hockey-gloves/products/sherwood-bpm-120-sr-hockey-gloves-14-inch-black-red-white

https://www.nationalsports.com/collections/senior-hockey-gloves/products/sherwood-bpm-120-sr-hockey-gloves-14-inch-navy-red-white

Those look great! 

Saw these gloves and for the price I was going to pick up two pair, but they don’t ship to the States which is a bummer... Any Canadians buying a pair and willing to broker? 

23 hours ago, CaptainCharisma said:

These aren't real leather though, the real leather was only in black and tan iirc. Still nice gloves for$40 

• Like 1